Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > ADW Rebate Information
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

ADW Rebate Information Information on the BEST legal Rebate program and Superior Wagering Tools - (even if you're not a 'whale')

Old 07-10-2021, 08:33 AM   #11
JimG
Grade 1

Hi Ted,

I set up the non wagering account fine. But I cannot load video, I just get "error loading video" Can we watch the races with a non wagering account?

Jim

PS: Congrats on your move. Enjoyed all the pictures, etc.

Last edited by JimG; 07-10-2021 at 08:50 AM.
JimG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 02:42 PM   #12
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Hi Jim. I sent off an enquiry to my tech contact at AmWager about this. I'll report back.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 10:18 AM   #13
JimG
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
Hi Jim. I sent off an enquiry to my tech contact at AmWager about this. I'll report back.

Ted
Look forward to hearing back on this.

Jim
Old 07-14-2021, 07:10 AM   #14
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Jim, I've been informed that they did recently stop offering free video streaming to non-betting accounts because their costs have increased too much (too many non-betting accounts for which they still have to pay Roberts Communication for video).

They may resume video for such accounts at some point with a lower resolution. If I hear about this, I'll let you know.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 07-15-2021, 10:37 PM   #15
JimG
Grade 1

Quote:
Jim, I've been informed that they did recently stop offering free video streaming to non-betting accounts because their costs have increased too much (too many non-betting accounts for which they still have to pay Roberts Communication for video).

They may resume video for such accounts at some point with a lower resolution. If I hear about this, I'll let you know.

Ted
Disappointing, but understandable. Thanks for taking the time to check for me and take care.

Jim
Old 07-25-2021, 12:54 PM   #16
Kisha
AlwNW3X

AmWager Free Account

Today, I submitted an application for an AmWager account. I got a call within 30 minutes. The guy who called me said it probably wouldn't be much benefit to open an account with them. They actually have some features I would like to know more about. DutchCost and Dutch Payout are a couple. They also had an Exacta Chart that I would've liked explained. Does anyone know how to read this chart

Quote:
This was posted (below) by AmWager on PaceAdvantage recently. It covers some of the great features of AmWager as an ADW and betting interface - even if you live in a state or country where you cannot wager with them.

As I mentioned elsewhere recently, I am adapting RDSS to use AmWager as the main source of tote and scratch data (instead of TwinSpires). You can set up an account with them now with just an email address, then later RDSS will use those login credentials to draw data from your account.

If you live in an ineligible state or country you can now set up the account and use it, but you will not be able to fund it (see the list next post). You can still use though all the features listed below, including video, replays, dutching tools for Win, Exacta and Double pools, etc

If you don't already have an AmWager account, you can set one up here in about 1 minute:

https://pro.amwager.com/#/aff/6

This link identifies you as using RDSS, or otherwise somehow affiliated with PaceandCap/Sartin methodology.

Note: if you do live in a qualified state or country (i.e. NOT on the list next post), you should apply for an AmWager account through NHPLAY for better rebates: https://nhplay.com/apply.cfm. If you live outside the US or Canada, or in a non-qualifying state and will be betting more than a little annually, please contact me.
Attached Images

Kisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 06:21 PM   #17
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Kisha,

I don't use the colour-coding aspect of the Exacta grid, but I suspect it relates to Exacta fair odds payouts compared to the Win odds of the 2 horses in a particular Exacta combo.

There are 3 distinct colour-coding patterns in this grid: yellow, pink and white. Ignore the yellow coding for 1-1 and 5-5 combos (anomaly), so only the 3-5 combo is yellow. If you had shown the Win odds for all horses we could work it out.

One group is (likely) more-or-less fairly priced (give or take a % range). Another group is priced above the fair-price payout and the other group below the fair-priced payout. If this is correct - only bet on combos (or groups of combos) which offer a better payout than betting one horse to Win and the other horse to Place. In practice, this on-the-fly analysis is harder to do than eyeballing an exacta box or part-wheel and adding extra tickets on lower paying combos. But I suspect that's what the colour-coding is giving you information about.

You can research this further yourself after digesting the Exacta fair pay formulas given in this discussion: http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6059 You can also Google 'exacta fair price' to find numerous discussions, including adjustments for Henery and Harville discounting (many of them by Dr Z).

Of course, using Win Odds for BOTH horses in a combo is an approximation - you really want Win Odds for the top horse and Place odds for the bottom horse, but Place odds are not clearly shown. However, on the RDSS Tote screen, you can see the probability % for each horse in all 3 straight pools (WPS) - the small superscript #s. If the prob % for Place is the same as for Win, then you know the Odds for Place (same as for Win). If it is higher or lower by anything significant, you can roughly adjust the odds for Place up or down.

Eventually, the RDSS Tote screen will show Exacta/Quinella fair odds pricing and over/underlays based on your preferred overlay margin %. (And all the other Dutching/Hedging tools and more shown in Amwager).

I use the AmWager Dutch Cost tool for Quinellas all the time at Hong Kong. Use your contenders and form combos for the total amount you want to spend. I cut off adding contenders (at worst, in contentious races) when my payouts fall below a certain %ROI. Keeping an eye on the lowest payoff/favourite (lowest payoff/favourite combo shown in red text) helps you know what your breakeven is. The Dutch calculator shows your range of min/max ROI for your Exacta Dutch. The same tools work for Dutching Win, Exacta/Quinella and Double pools. For example, based on my general hit rate on HK Quinellas, I'll take anything north of 50% ROI on a group dutch (to help me earn more rebates).

I wonder why they said you wouldn't benefit from opening a betting account? I think they accept applications from your state. Perhaps try applying via NHPLAY.com.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 07-30-2021, 01:45 PM   #18
gandalf380
Grade 1

from Amwager.

TheAmWager’s built in fair value exacta calculator allows you to quickly see exacta bets that have been over bet or under bet based on the win pool. This help’s smart players maximize their handicapping to find value and increase their return on investment.

In the most simple form, green highlighted combinations have been under bet and will pay more than they should based on win odds. Red highlighted fields have been over bet and will not pay as much as they are worth based on win odds.

The exact calculation and mechanic’s are based on the industry recognized standard method developed originally by Dick Mitchell. The fair value exacta formula is “BetAmount” times (“WinOddsOnFirstHorse” times (“WinOddsOnSecondRunner” plus 1). Once we have the fair value we then highlight any combination that is over 25% different from actual payout. I.E. If the 1/2 exacta is paying $100 but the fair value calculation is $126 we will highlight it red as it has bad value.
Old 07-31-2021, 02:41 PM   #19
Kisha
AlwNW3X

AmWager Support Email?

Hi Ted,
I hope you had a great birthday!

I spoke to Don today from Nhplay. He said I would have to contact AmWager in order to fund my account. Would you forward me the email address for your AmWager contact or a support email address for AmWager?

When I click on "Fund Now" from the AmWager page, I get a popup that says "Welcome to AmWager...Check you email for the verification link...if you don't see the link, click here to resend it" and that gives me another error [object Object].

Kisha
Quote:
Kisha,

I don't use the colour-coding aspect of the Exacta grid, but I suspect it relates to Exacta fair odds payouts compared to the Win odds of the 2 horses in a particular Exacta combo.

There are 3 distinct colour-coding patterns in this grid: yellow, pink and white. Ignore the yellow coding for 1-1 and 5-5 combos (anomaly), so only the 3-5 combo is yellow. If you had shown the Win odds for all horses we could work it out.

One group is (likely) more-or-less fairly priced (give or take a % range). Another group is priced above the fair-price payout and the other group below the fair-priced payout. If this is correct - only bet on combos (or groups of combos) which offer a better payout than betting one horse to Win and the other horse to Place. In practice, this on-the-fly analysis is harder to do than eyeballing an exacta box or part-wheel and adding extra tickets on lower paying combos. But I suspect that's what the colour-coding is giving you information about.

You can research this further yourself after digesting the Exacta fair pay formulas given in this discussion: http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6059 You can also Google 'exacta fair price' to find numerous discussions, including adjustments for Henery and Harville discounting (many of them by Dr Z).

Of course, using Win Odds for BOTH horses in a combo is an approximation - you really want Win Odds for the top horse and Place odds for the bottom horse, but Place odds are not clearly shown. However, on the RDSS Tote screen, you can see the probability % for each horse in all 3 straight pools (WPS) - the small superscript #s. If the prob % for Place is the same as for Win, then you know the Odds for Place (same as for Win). If it is higher or lower by anything significant, you can roughly adjust the odds for Place up or down.

Eventually, the RDSS Tote screen will show Exacta/Quinella fair odds pricing and over/underlays based on your preferred overlay margin %. (And all the other Dutching/Hedging tools and more shown in Amwager).

I use the AmWager Dutch Cost tool for Quinellas all the time at Hong Kong. Use your contenders and form combos for the total amount you want to spend. I cut off adding contenders (at worst, in contentious races) when my payouts fall below a certain %ROI. Keeping an eye on the lowest payoff/favourite (lowest payoff/favourite combo shown in red text) helps you know what your breakeven is. The Dutch calculator shows your range of min/max ROI for your Exacta Dutch. The same tools work for Dutching Win, Exacta/Quinella and Double pools. For example, based on my general hit rate on HK Quinellas, I'll take anything north of 50% ROI on a group dutch (to help me earn more rebates).

I wonder why they said you wouldn't benefit from opening a betting account? I think they accept applications from your state. Perhaps try applying via NHPLAY.com.

Ted
Kisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 05:15 PM   #20
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisha View Post
Hi Ted,
I hope you had a great birthday!

I spoke to Don today from Nhplay. He said I would have to contact AmWager in order to fund my account. Would you forward me the email address for your AmWager contact or a support email address for AmWager?

When I click on "Fund Now" from the AmWager page, I get a popup that says "Welcome to AmWager...Check you email for the verification link...if you don't see the link, click here to resend it" and that gives me another error [object Object].

Kisha

Kisha, I sent you a few emails on this just now. Don's right - from your state, it's actually better to go directly through AmWager: you get to bet, live and replay video and maybe a few points in rebate. I sent you the AmWager Customer Service # (503 894-6983) - Cory or Andrew, super helpful.

Otherwise, if someone lives in a 'good' state/country, better to go through NHPLAY.com. ('Good' states are all US States except those listed in the opening main post in this wagering sub-forum).
Please note: Unfortunately, if you live in some US States you cannot join this Player’s Organization. They are: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, District of Columbia, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Maryland, Mississippi, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North & South Carolina, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, Virginia. (Please contact me for options).
Ted

R
DSS -