Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS > RDSS 1: Bug Reports
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS 1: Bug Reports Historical Bug problems and solutions for the first version of RDSS (through V0.99.2)

Old 12-20-2007, 10:17 AM   #1
Ted Craven
Grade 1

**Data Center Problem**

Today (December 20), some old card dates are available from TrackMaster servers (e.g. Nov 4, Nov 24). Since RDSS currently displays 8 days of available cards beginning with the earliest date, these old cards are preventing current cards from showing up, thus you can't download them!

This is the case not only for RDSS files but across all TrackMaster products - it just happens to affect the way I designed the Data Center to show only an 8 day window of dates (which was supposed to be the normal available range available)

I've sent an urgent message to TrackMaster tech support about this and will report back here when this gets fixed.

Meanwhile, you can work around this problem by going directly to the RDSS download web page here: http://www.trackmaster.com/perl/client_list.cgi?rdp You will have to place the downloaded file in the correct track subfolder in the following path: (e.g. for FG Fairgrounds): \Rdss\Data\PP\2007\FG\ Then, you can use the Data Center to do the Convert.

I am working on a fix to this weekend's update which will allow you to set what is the earliest date to use in the Available Cards display (in case this ever happens again).

Sorry for the problem

Ted

Name:  dc_problem.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  58.4 KB

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Old 12-20-2007, 12:36 PM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Doh! Even if you download cards manually, you can't convert them if you can't see them in the Data Center

I'm working on a fix for this right now, and will post here when you can download a fix to RDSS (unless TrackMaster gets the old card dates removed first).

Watch this space...

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 12-20-2007, 01:43 PM   #3
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Carl, and all other RDSS Testers,

I have made an interim update to fix this problem and it is available now for download from the RDSS Download Forum. (If you've forgotten that Forum link, check your last email from me - late November - re the current version, or send me an email).

This Update (V0.97.6d) restricts the age of available cards to Download/Convert from TrackMaster to 3 days ago, which now makes all current and near future card dates visible and accessible.

Sorry for the problem with this, but thanks for your patience! I will still be making a proper Update later this weekend.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 12-20-2007, 01:51 PM   #4
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
Carl, and all other RDSS Testers,

I have made an interim update to fix this problem and it is available now for download from the RDSS Download Forum. (If you've forgotten that Forum link, check your last email from me - late November - re the current version, or send me an email).

This Update (V0.97.6d) restricts the age of available cards to Download/Convert from TrackMaster to 3 days ago, which now makes all current and near future card dates visible and accessible.

Sorry for the problem with this, but thanks for your patience! I will still be making a proper Update later this weekend.

Ted
Please send(email on the way).

I want my MTV
Old 12-20-2007, 02:06 PM   #5
RichieP
Grade 1

Thumbs up

My babies are back!!

Attached Images

Old 12-20-2007, 06:08 PM   #6
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quick update on this: TrackMaster Techs said a glitch when rebuilding one of their data servers resulted in a few old cards sneaking on the list, but that they would fall off naturally after a couple of days.

Until they do, folks will need to install the update mentioned above in order to download and work any races over the next few days.

And (as of 6pm EST today) looks like HOL cards for Dec 21, 22 are not yet posted. If you still don't see your cards after downloading the update, check with TrackMaster (tell them you did today's update - they're aware of the problem).

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 12-20-2007, 10:32 PM   #7
Ted Craven
Grade 1

This issue is actually fixed now - old cards have been removed from TrackMaster's server. There is no need to download the interim update and I've withdrawn it. In the existing Version 0.97.6, the Data Center should now work just fine.

The update for the end of December should be available this weekend.

Ted

R
DSS -