Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS > RDSS - 'Learn to Win' *TEACHING & Examples > 2012 RDSS Learn to Win Contests > August Contest
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

August Contest Enter your selections and SCREEN SHOTS and explanations here. Please start a new Thread with your User Name as Title

Old 08-11-2012, 03:20 PM   #1
Boe777
Grade 1

Discussions

First I want to thank Ted for putting on the Contest, I am sure it is helping everybody as it has helped me a lot.
I am a newbie to RDSS which I started using last October and I have learned more in June than I have learned in the previous 8 months.
My batting average was around 350 in June and now it is running at 500 pace and I hope to increase that to 750 in the future months.
I am looking at all the contestant posts, not only the winning posts but also the loosing races and from that I could see how seasoned
handicappers like Bill V. are picking the winners and how they are betting the race.
There is something I noticed on most off the loosing races, the horse picked to win or place his line is from another track and that includes some of my races that were bet, here is a good example:

Name:  ScreenHunter_138 Aug. 11 08.27.gif
Views: 306
Size:  50.7 KB

The program picked all the best of the top 3 percept lines and it shows that the #2 horse is the best horse there and deserves a good bet but take a look at his line it is not from this track and there is 3 more horses with lines from other tracks. Now go in and
change the lines of these 4 horses to the best line in the top 3 lines from the track you are handicapping, VIOLA: the #2 horse that I bet a $100 on is at the bottom of the contenders list and shows nothing but look at #6, It is a prime Bet.

Name:  ScreenHunter_139 Aug. 11 08.31.gif
Views: 285
Size:  50.0 KB

Name:  ScreenHunter_140 Aug. 11 08.34.gif
Views: 297
Size:  5.8 KB

Would like to see more comments on the Contest
Alex
Boe777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:34 PM   #2
pktruckdriver
Grade 1

Well Alex

Nice thread, too bad not one reply, I was hoping this thread would take off and many would offer little tidbits like you did, and yours was very informative.

My vote for the Sartin Messenger prize would have gone to you, maybe the month is only halve done and the thread will take off.

I am in Saratoga today and had a few hours in the backside this morning, and then had my stop by the Price Choppers to top off the fridge, and off to Pa. and then on to Winnipeg, by Thursday.

I notice that for me a few tips that stand out for route/turf lines within the last 180/360 days (in stakes), is #1 in both DCL and LPR together can give one a longshot if a horse has both , but may be in the lower tier of contenders on the BL/BL, but may look better on the Segments Screen.

Having gone back and looked , it does work better when the lines are from the same track, except when a stakes race. The exception to this may be the same circuit works okay too, as the horses are the same , though the tracks may be different, something to keep in mind.

Well Alex there is more tips , but hopefully this will jumpstart this thread as there are so many little things that one could put here, like their special play at 1 track and or a spot play to look for that works well when .... best of luck.

Patrick
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:48 PM   #3
Bill V.
The egg man

Lines

Patrick and Alex

I was waiting to reply
Boe's example race is tricky Not only are we dealing with shippers
we have dirt poly and turf lines

mixing surfaces and shippers and just hitting the best of last 3
button on RDSS will get you some wild results and an ocasional hit
at a good price

But as we are seeing in the contest Betting in real time is reality and too many misses
puts you in a deep whole and plays havic with confidence

I use the best of last three perceptor button but i still go through every
horse and I make changes

The BLTC button is a helping tool but as is written in the follow up
"you must make decisions "

Bill
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:00 PM   #4
Old Arkie Gal
Grade 1

Not a tip just a comment

I have been out of pocket for the last 1 1/2 months and as I reviewed the Aug races I saw Bill V's race of Aug 11 MTH Race 4 and his excellent comments. In this race 8.3f, he mentioned that the segments screen was right on. For me the segments screen in routes is always more predictable than it is for sprints. Consequently, I use the segs screen with caution in sprint races. I don't know why, I'm no mathmetician, but it may be that LPR or 3rd fraction are weighted more heavily or maybe it has to do with my PL selection.
Pat
Old Arkie Gal is offline   Reply With Quote