Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion Phase III/MPH, Synergism, Energy, Kgen, Entropy, Thoromation, Quad-Rater, PaceLauncher, Synthesis, Validator, Val4, Speculator, etc ...

Old 02-28-2008, 06:07 AM   #1
admin
Administrator

Program sharing

The Sartin Methodology

http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthr...1232#post11232

Doc makes no money from these programs
People spent hundreds of dollars for them
I need to remind people that Doc asked me to give away
VAL 4 only He knows all the power of all these programs
VAL 4 was the one he asked me to give to former
clients that were messed up with the Feb 2006
Equibase file changes Doc believes in the Equalized normalized
adjustments that were worked out with Trackmaster

There are two programs suported by Howard Sartin
RDSS and Val 4

Thank You
Bill
admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 11:54 AM   #2
RichieP
Grade 1

Please do not ask Bill for anything other than Val4.

Last edited by RichieP; 02-28-2008 at 11:56 AM.
RichieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 09:12 PM   #3
Jonathan Steele
Grade 1

Doc's generosity is much appreciated.

Regards,

Jon
Old 02-29-2008, 04:20 PM   #4
Ted Craven
Grade 1

I just want to add, from my own point of view, that I have no issue whatsoever with anyone using any software program of Doc's which they happen to own, or from which Doc derived or derives some benefit for his years of work: Energy, KGEN, Thoromation or any other. And regardless of whether you do manual data entry or use RDSS or Aodds as a front end for data.

However, if you didn't buy these programs once upon a time, I strongly feel that it's inappropriate to be using them, or asking someone to provide you with a copy, unless you can find a way to compensate Doc for his original efforts. In my opinion, it's just not the right thing to do, and you'll always feel just a little bit like you 'found' it, or possibly don't 'deserve' it, and thus you won't get the most benefit from it. The same applies to any other software that you use which you don't own. The pricetag on the software is absolutely the smallest part of what you have to pay to become a winner with any handicapping method.

And I don't believe it is a valid argument that the software has been abandoned, is not supported, is out of copyright, etc and thus is somehow public domain and free. Here at Pace and Cap are not only the programmer/author of Energy, KGEN and Thoromation (Jim Bradshaw), but ALL the manuals and ALL the Follow Ups, as well as audio tapes on the subject, as well as perhaps the world's formost practising authorities on the use and success with those older software. There never was a better resource. If it ever was abandoned, it got re-found and it is here!

Not to fault at all those who just weren't around at the time and didn't get the software back then. But Doc moved on from those software of the early 90's: he thinks Val4 (and RDSS) represents the pinnacle of his methodology. If you happen to have found Energy, or KGEN or Thoromation in your Inbox one day as a free gift from a well meaning individual, and you love it, and maybe you love it even more that you don't have to do manual data entry any more (i.e. with RDSS), then I recommend using the Pace and Cap Donation button to make the payment you surely would have made back in the day. Doc will get it. Then you'll own it. In my opinion, that's the right thing to do.

As Bill (Admin) has stated, Pace and Cap is not a software sharing service - it's a learning community. Sharing knowledge, encouragement and perspective on what it takes to be a winner is the other part of that cost alluded to above - and as far as I can see, that part is offered freely here. We are very lucky.

If you don't own those programs, don't worry! If you were/are using Val2 or Val3, just ask Bill (Admin) or me for Val4: it is courtesy of Doc Sartin - he wants you to have it. If you' like Speculator and you're using an older version, just upgrade to Spec160, you'll get more winners. If you want to try RDSS, just write me (Doc really likes RDSS). All these software will get you winners just like the older DOS programs, sometimes different winners, sure. But with mastery, your bankroll won't know the difference at the end of every 20 races.

And if you do own those older programs - congratulations: and keep those selections, explanations and screenshots coming!

Just my .02 cents. Thanks Bill for what you do here, thanks Doc, thanks Hat!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 02-29-2008 at 04:26 PM.
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 05:01 PM   #5
VoodooFan
True Disciple of Voodoo

The Doc

Hey Bill, is it possible to get Doc Sartin to contribute articles and/or opinions if he still works some of the race's and/or software.

Barring health issues, it's possible for someone to tape him, and transcribe them here.

It would also be nice to get THE HAT on dvd just once, if there's already something out...you know, just Mr. Bradshaw either going over a race with just RichieP or hangin out with RichieP at the track for 15 minutes or so talkin about the race's and The MatchUp. Doesn't have to be long.

We could'nt get Pittsburg Phil on tape, but should at least consider getting THE HAT on tape.

The History Channel should have more than "photos".

It would be nice to see THE HAT and Doc on dvd one last time, with RichieP or someone as moderator, even if Doc don't want to be on camera, to hear him would be cool.

It's nice to see Doc on those 3 tapes. Wish there were more.

Just a thought.

VoodooFan
Quote:
"Richie never 2nd guesses, or ask "what if", but learns the concept I am teaching. This is one why he has learned and he is one of my best students. He is my pride and joy and best pal."
Jim "THE HAT" Bradshaw
VoodooFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 05:14 PM   #6
JimG
Grade 1

It would also be nice if Doc would set a price that Bill could distribute some of these old programs and a portion of the price could go toward maintenance and future enhancement of the website. Bill, Richie, and Ted provide tremendous support and I am sure Doc is proud of the three of you for keeping the methodology alive. It would be nice if some of those old programs collecting dust could get to newer people who want to try them and at the same time provide money for the maintenance of the website and web band usage, which I am sure is not cheap.

In all likelihood, some of these older programs would in effect become an additional tool for those using RDSS, Val4, or Spec160.
JimG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 05:24 PM   #7
admin
Administrator

good questions

I will work on some plans I have

Thanks

Bill
admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 06:39 PM   #8
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimG View Post
It would also be nice if Doc would set a price that Bill could distribute some of these old programs and a portion of the price could go toward maintenance and future enhancement of the website.

In all likelihood, some of these older programs would in effect become an additional tool for those using RDSS, Val4, or Spec160.
"Mr.Turf",

Excellent ideas and creative thinking too!
Old 02-29-2008, 07:19 PM   #9
lsosa54
Grade 1

Good ideas but all I can say is one really has to be willing to read everything and anything and practice like a madman to gain some proficiency with the older programs or the frustration level will be very high. I've had Thoromation since it first came out and I was up until 1AM yesterday re-visiting some follow ups. I know, I'm sick
lsosa54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 11:52 AM   #10
Houndog
Grade 1

THOROMATION Practice

I agree with lsosa54. I have re-read some of the Follow-Ups dealing with THOROMATION and I have found that I may have missed some points.

When I first started with Energy/THOROMATION I made many mistakes with the primary ones being entering too many horses and read-out interpretation. I know I have said this before, so I am not trying to sound like a broken record. It is important to know is that these programs were designed for "Win Betting" for the most part. Also it is important to note that if you put a slow horse in the program and use the 2 adjust this horse may show up as a world killer.

The more experienced users know all to well the pitfalls associated with doing these thing that I have described above. THOROMATION/Energy being a "NON-LINEAR" type of program will make adjustments according to which horses you enter in the program. The saying Garbage IN and Garbage OUT is very appropriate with these programs.
Houndog is offline   Reply With Quote