Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions)
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions) Racing Decision Support System - The NEW Version 2.2

Old 01-29-2021, 12:15 PM   #1
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Any outstanding Scratch problems, current version?

Can folks please remind me what Scratch problems remain in the current RDSS2.2 version (V2.2.2020.22). Aside from the anomaly noted when you work tomorrows races overnight (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=368).

I'm checking to see if I've got everything reported covered in the update I'm working on.

Please be specific. Please cite examples from TODAY's races when possible (so I can try to duplicate the issue).

Thanks!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 01:27 PM   #2
Mitch44
Grade 1

My understanding from members is if you download prior to the morning of the race you have to go in and manually scratch them, it won't scratch them from the past performances or card when updating. This can cause a big problem for those unaware of it.

Has the entry problem with scratches been solved?

Mitch44

Last edited by Mitch44; 01-29-2021 at 01:31 PM.
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 09:22 AM   #3
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Sure looks like everything is working for me - in an upcoming version. I'll test further under more scratch pre-publication scenarios (i.e. working races before morning scratches are published).

Ted

R
DSS -

Last edited by Ted Craven; 01-31-2021 at 05:26 PM. Reason: clarify: " ...in an upcoming version ..."
Old 01-31-2021, 05:09 PM   #4
57viking
Grade 1

Hi Ted ....I have the same issue mentioned by Mitch . If I assemble and work a card before scratches are out , then the update scratch button does not work and I have to scratch them manually.
57viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 05:25 PM   #5
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57viking View Post
Hi Ted ....I have the same issue mentioned by Mitch . If I assemble and work a card before scratches are out , then the update scratch button does not work and I have to scratch them manually.
Thanks for the confirmation. I still think it's fixed for an upcoming update. I'll send out something to a few folks to test within a couple of weeks.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 01-31-2021, 05:25 PM   #6
Lt1
Grade 1

Hi Ted I also have the scr problems stated above.
Tim
Old 01-31-2021, 06:01 PM   #7
Ted Craven
Grade 1

OK, I believe all of you! The current version 2.2.2020.22 (and anyone testing versions through XXX.27) has the scratch problem described above. Noted, and thanks!

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 02-06-2021, 03:21 PM   #8
Kisha
AlwNW3X

Entries, Scratch and other issues with new version

Hi Ted,
There is an issue with there being no name or number for a horse. I don't know if it's linked to the scratches or not. There is also a "Connect to Adaptive Server Anywhere" issue.

Kisha
Attached Images

Kisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 06:21 PM   #9
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Kisha,

1. AQU4 - please read this entry in the Bugs List (I think it might apply) - http://paceandcap.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=368 . It also might apply to your TP1 example in the Bugs list.

IF you had worked these races for today last night while yesterday's TwinSpires tote was still active, your screens for these races would look like this - for the reasons given in my reply to the above post.

The solution is to uncheck the tote box on the Config screen, then work tomorrow's races. I am working on a better solution.

2. Adaptive Server error (missing database) - somehow, the database you were using has gone missing on a subsequent open of RDSS. Thuis would happen IF you were using the database you started when using RDSS2.1 (previous version) - i.e. this file: c:\rdss2.1\Data\data.db - and then you uninstalled RDSS2.1 and responded to delete the database file during the uninstall. Or - if you otherwise deleted that file. RDSS was not clever enough to tell you it could not find the database it was looking for and gave that error message.

I am just guessing that is the problem - it has happened to more than a few folks who decided to uninstall the previous RDSS2.1 0 and deleted their database along with it.

I can help you get it back - tomorrow. I am unable to help you tonight, sorry, but please email me and we can set a time to get it fixed tomorrow.

Next version already takes care of the problem of not finding the database.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 02-07-2021, 09:42 AM   #10
Kisha
AlwNW3X

Hi Ted,

I unchecked the box in the configure screen. I'm taking a short break from working the races. I'll pick back up later this week. I must be working too many races because the program has crashed several times during my analysis. I didn't uninstall RDSS2.1 because I wanted to minimize the risk of any issues. I'll look for the fixes in the next update.

Thanks,
Kisha
Kisha is offline   Reply With Quote