Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Selections
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Selections Post Your Picks - 1 race or a card

Old 02-06-2021, 09:46 AM   #1
Kisha
AlwNW3X

Aq 2-6

Good morning,

Thank you everyone for your help. I might take a break for a few days, but today isn't THAT day.

Here are my contenders using Rich's 4factors .
R1 pass
R2 1,2,3,4,6 *8
R3 pass
R4 NN,3,6,5,7,1 *4
(There was an entry that did not have a name or number, NN)
R5 1,4,5,6,7
R6 Pass
R7 1,2,3,4,7
R8 1,3,5
R9 1,2,3,5,6

Kisha
Attached Images

Kisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 11:22 AM   #2
Mitch44
Grade 1

I don't see how you got the #7 in your screen shot, no CSR also I have his Bris PP number as 118.9 not 107.5. These Bris numbers are incorrect. That's one of the reasons I don't use them or the program now. They are incorrect and not from Bris.

Also in race 2 the 4 would be a noncontender and 8th # 5.
In race 5 you don't have the 3 # and it is # 1 on Prime.

Not sure if their wrong also in the program as I don't have a screen shot of those.
All I can say is based on my experience I would not use the Bris PP numbers for my contenders from the program. Get then from the source themselves for accuracy.
Send me your e-mail through a PM and I'll send you a copy of the Bris PP for todays Aqu. and your ph # .

Perhaps Ted can address this.

Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 12:21 PM   #3
Mitch44
Grade 1

Here are the Bris PP numbers directly from the source for the 4th @ AQU 6 Feb.:
#
5 133.9
6 132.0
3 129.5
1 127.7
4 125.8
7 118.9
2 118.8

Mitch44
Old 02-06-2021, 12:30 PM   #4
Lt1
Grade 1

Hi Kisha. Mitch has pointed out some major flaws for Aqu. In r4 there are only 7 horses so what that entry above the 1 is it is whacky. Also as pointed out by Mitch r5 the 3 is indeed the #1 BPP horse and again in r8 you don't show the #9 which is the #1 BPP horse. These are some serious flaws and I would suggest forgoing any play at Aqu today. With the flaws noted Richies' 4 number system is rendered useless. Feel free to pm me with any questions and I will send you my phone #.
Tim
Old 02-06-2021, 01:05 PM   #5
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

Location: Escondido CA just 25 minutes from where the turf meets the surf - "...at Del Mar"
Aq 4 from my download

Name:  ScreenHunter_1254 Feb. 06 10.04.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  172.2 KB

Looks just like Mitch's info. Probably a bad download?
Bill Lyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 11:02 PM   #6
gandalf380
Grade 1

I agree with Bill L. The Bris numbers are correct on my readout also.
Old 02-07-2021, 08:58 AM   #7
Mitch44
Grade 1

I'm happy to see some do have the correct data however I'm of the opinion that everyone using the program should have the correct data. No one should lose money accept by their own negligence.

When this new version came out and I read the install instruction even I said "WHAT!!" It has to be tailored for the average idiot like me. I have found enough wrong numbers to not trust them as have others. I eliminated that problem by obtaining them directly from the source.

Ted appears on it with the database problem and hopefully a quick fix.

Mitch44
Old 02-07-2021, 10:00 AM   #8
Kisha
AlwNW3X

Hi everyone,

Mitch - Richard got in touch with me and I ended up reworking the races based on what you and the others said. I have not and HAD not been printing the BPPs from TwinSpires and yesterday I saw the errors. It made me wonder what else might be wrong based those entries. I thank everyone for looking out.

Charlie / Bill - I reached out to Ted who suggested I uncheck the box Get Tote Data on the Configure screen. I'm hoping that fixes any future issues with my readouts.

Have a good day and if you are going to watch the Super Bowl,

Go Bucs!
Kisha
Kisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 10:27 AM   #9
Mitch44
Grade 1

Glad Richie was able to contact you in time Kisha, was worried if you got the word.

Unsure how much this may have effected your past selections but hopefully it'll give
you a new outlook on the RDSS. It really is a good program.

That is one heck of a lot of printing for those PP's and ink is expensive, save to your desktop and review them from there. I put them down on the tool bar when viewing races etc.

If your a Bris member you can get them free daily for each track for making a $1 bet on each track. I also save them in folders by month and year. Sometimes they come in handy to review races beyond just the 10 showing in its chart. Plus saving them allows you to test or analyze things. Its not necessary to save them everyday, just when you play for them to be useful. Results for back races can be obtained from Equibase for free.

Best of luck,

Mitch44

Last edited by Mitch44; 02-07-2021 at 10:39 AM.
Old 02-07-2021, 10:46 AM   #10
Ted Craven
Grade 1

I addressed Kisha's problem with AQU R4 yesterday evening, also similar with TP Race 1 in the Scratch problem thread (was not a Scratch problem) and also in the Bugs List. This issue has been reported and a workaround advised since the beginning of January. It is not her fault if she was unaware of the issue (don't work tomorrow's cards after midnight with tote still running, else you'll get TODAY's tote info and the race will be mis-assembled, per her displays in several posts - UNLESS you turn tote off and restart RDSS - all as advised many times).

RDSS gets the ProfitLine and Prime Power ratings correctly, normally. Bill Lyster's screenshot agreed with Mitch's Prime Power listing. Sometimes the Prime Power figs published by BRIS are not quite the same as those published by TwinSpires, but several users of BRIS PPs (including Rich M) have advised me that whatever differences may exist are usually minor and inconsequential (Rich, correct me if I've misspoken about what you told me).

RDSS can ONLY get what is published at TwinSpires, not what is available in the BRIS PDF document. If you prefer the BRIS PDF-based Prime Power figs - please help yourself! For that matter, if you prefer ANY OTHER HIGH-LEVEL performance figs to use along side RDSS in your handicapping (e.g. PSR from HDW, Superscreener, Jcapper, Monkey's-figs, WHATEVER) please go ahead and do whatever you feel. RDSS can ONLY get what is published at TwinSpires - and if TwinSpires calls them Prime Power then I will also call them Prime Power (though I do refer to them as TwinSpires figs).

Except for when Entries get mis-assembled as discussed above, RDSS gets the ProfitLine and Prime Power ratings correctly, normally. Bill Lyster's screenshot agreed with Mitch's Prime Power listing.

Mitch - if the RDSS2.2 Release Notes are too complicated for you, please be my advisor for how to create a set of Release Notes for 'the average idiot' (and of course, you're not). If I release an update with significant new features and just say "BAM, here it is, figure it out." then I will be stuck with endless unnecessary tech support which no one will enjoy. Hence the comprehensive Release Notes. If many others of the nearly 200 RDSS users are similarly having difficulty reading my Release Notes - or if would-be users are refraining from RDSS because of complex Release Notes - I just wish they'd tell me.

Re 'database problem' - typically (for years) with each new version of RDSS, as a courtesy, RDSS continues to use the previous version database, although you can switch to whatever other database file you want. If you delete that database though (usually unintentionally by uninstall) then RDSS can't start (fixed that). Also, if you try to switch to a file which is NOT a database (a ZIP file, a tote file, a photo of your dog Fido, etc) then RDSS will also not be able to load (fixed this too).

Sigh ... part of the long evolution of RDSS is my catching up with the things people do with it which cause them problems, that I did not anticipate. The people who have NO PROBLEMS with RDSS (including the current version, including tote, TwinSpires Figs, etc) usually do not post about it: they just happily continue to use (and pay for) RDSS year after year, version after version with guidance from the Release Notes, presumably because it works for them and they are happy.

(Aside, FWIW: I am working on the next update to RDSS2.2. I am also selling my home and moving across-country to Vancouver Island, downsizing, cleaning up and have been doing primarily that for the past few weeks. It is exhausting, though exciting! I apologize if the next update is a little delayed. I love you all but I have slightly different priorities right now. Though, I always try my best to give immediate tech/customer support when asked. These are the only excuses I've got ).

If these are too many words, well, it is my nature to try to be communicative. If anyone doesn't want to read them, just skip it and be happy, but then don't complain I did not respond.

Kisha, sorry for the hijack of your post with answers to complaints. Per my reply in the Bugs List (or Scratch issues - can't remember ), I will work with you however you need to (e.g. remote Zoom connection) to get you back in business and using RDSS2.2 optimally (including my own handicapping perspective, if interested).

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 02-07-2021 at 10:50 AM.
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote