Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 09-26-2021, 02:57 PM   #11
Mitch44
Grade 1

Bradshaw had to adjust for distances from horses and he could only do that knowing the conditions of the race he was handicapping. Not knowing the conditions, well pure BS.

Sartin was the one that stated about 3 races for a horse, not Bradshaw and if he did say it he got it from Sartin. Actually that saying may have been in the old Yellow Manual.

"Bradshaw is NOT truly a handicapper at all.." Deciphering any race to obtain a winner is called Handicapping. I don't pay attentions to Post Positions either along with many other things. In his discipline he learned what was really important verses what the masses believe to be important.

Mitch44

Last edited by Mitch44; 09-26-2021 at 03:04 PM.
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 04:19 PM   #12
Tim Y
turf historian

I took ALL that advice under the well know, repeatedly established mantra KISS, rather than try and DISPROVE (without little or no evidence) one of the founders opinions of how things could be done. His point of view and the well established points that Malcom Gladwell made in his best selling book BLINK, sold me on the idea that decisions can be made with LESS rather than MORE input, INTRINSICALY.

Horses run that's it. Not how fast they run but how they run fast. ONLY THEM not any humans
Old 09-26-2021, 06:02 PM   #13
Tim Y
turf historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Y View Post
I took ALL that advice under the well know, repeatedly established mantra KISS, rather than try and DISPROVE (without little or no evidence) one of the founders opinions of how things could be done. His point of view and the well established points that Malcom Gladwell made in his best selling book BLINK, sold me on the idea that decisions can be made with LESS rather than MORE input, INTRINSICALY.

Horses run that's it. Not how fast they run but how they run fast. ONLY THEM not any humans
Meant IMPLICITLY not INTRINSICALLY