Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sports
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Sports Discussion of all kinds of Team Sports

Old 03-13-2021, 04:06 PM   #1
CheckMark
Conley

2021 College Basketball Contest

Technically March Madness does not start till the 18th but I am posting this because I want others to have a chance to see this before it starts and to also post their picks

This year for the 2021 NCAAB Division 1 Tournament I am doing a fun contest for anyone to join and play

Here are the contest rules

1) FREE contest; no fee to join

2) Predict who wins each of the 63 games and you must make all your picks for every single round before the first round in order to be eligible for the grand prize

3) You receive the number of points each round is worth
-The default value is 1 point for round 1, 2 points for round 2, 4 points for round 3 (Sweet Sixteen), 8 points for round 4 (Elite Eight), 16 points for round 5, and 32 points for round 6 (Championship Game)

4) Tie Breakers;
Predict the score of the Championship Game
The first tiebreaker is the closest to the winning score
If still tied, the next tiebreaker is closest to the losing score
If still tied, the final tiebreaker is the closest to the combined score of the two teams

5) 1st place prize receives a copy (e-book) of the title "Consistent Handicapping Profits" by EW Donaldson! A book that goes for around $1000 now $45 hard copy is yours if you win the tournament!

When the official bracket comes out tomorrow night I will post it here and you must send me your copy of your bracket on email check2441@gmail.com
before the 18th if you want to win the grand prize! Scanning the bracket after you have completed it is recommended

Thanks, everyone hopefully some people see this before the first round, and may the best handicapper win!
Old 03-14-2021, 08:28 AM   #2
CheckMark
Conley

Please let me know if you are playing in this pool before the start of the 1st round

And remember you must have your bracket filled out entirely before the 1st round

Please send it to check2441@gmail.com if security purposes and for everyone to keep their brackets secret

Thanks, everyone looking forward to a great tournament!
Old 03-14-2021, 09:30 PM   #3
teb21
Grade 1

I'm in. Are the picks straight up or against the spread. I found this excel template. Is this what you want.
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx march-madness.xlsx (28.9 KB, 598 views)
teb21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 04:34 AM   #4
coacht
Grade 1

NCAA contest

Check Mark

I plan to Enter

Thanks
coacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 09:04 AM   #5
CheckMark
Conley

Quote:
Originally Posted by teb21 View Post
I'm in. Are the picks straight up or against the spread. I found this excel template. Is this what you want.
Sweet! Yes everyone can print this off and then scan it back to the email provided

Thanks so much teb21!

NOTE: You must have your bracket submitted before the 19th and not the 18th sorry about the confusion
Old 03-15-2021, 09:06 AM   #6
CheckMark
Conley

For those of you who do not want the xlsx file you can download the bracket below but please scan whatever bracket you choose and scan it back to my email address provided BEFORE the 19th please

Thanks and GL to all!

NOTE: The picks you will be submitting are NOT ATS they are straight-up picks so just be careful about choosing your games using this in mind

2021.pdf
Old 03-15-2021, 11:32 PM   #7
teb21
Grade 1

This is a later and I hope last version of the March Madness Tournament. Should CheckMark allow its use as intended each person would make selections ans email the excel file to Checkmark. As the games are played he can enter a w in the yellow box for each win. The program will total the w's and keep a running total for the score.

As this was made before the First Four games anyone using the file will have to enter the winner of those games in the appropriate gray box and then all of the drop down boxes should work.

The yellow boxes are for Checkmark to use.

If Checkmark want PDF's only use the original file, print to a PDF, and email it to him.

Now that I have confused everyone the only important thing to know is that if I do not win the contest is rigged.
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx march-madness.xlsx (33.0 KB, 584 views)
teb21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 04:21 AM   #8
CheckMark
Conley

Quote:
Originally Posted by teb21 View Post
This is a later and I hope last version of the March Madness Tournament. Should CheckMark allow its use as intended each person would make selections ans email the excel file to Checkmark. As the games are played he can enter a w in the yellow box for each win. The program will total the w's and keep a running total for the score.

As this was made before the First Four games anyone using the file will have to enter the winner of those games in the appropriate gray box and then all of the drop down boxes should work.

The yellow boxes are for Checkmark to use.

If Checkmark want PDF's only use the original file, print to a PDF, and email it to him.

Now that I have confused everyone the only important thing to know is that if I do not win the contest is rigged.
I am just trying to make it easier for everyone for using pdf or excel file.
And yes picks are SU and not ATS.
Sorry to everyone that I confused as I never said not to use the excel file I just said it could be easier for pdf
Old 03-16-2021, 05:31 AM   #9
coacht
Grade 1

Thanks

The PDF is easier for me
coacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 11:38 AM   #10
HHE10
The River Sports Picks

submitted my pdf to you on email