Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion Phase III/MPH, Synergism, Energy, Kgen, Entropy, Thoromation, Quad-Rater, PaceLauncher, Synthesis, Validator, Val4, Speculator, etc ...

Old 12-16-2018, 10:21 PM   #1
Lefty
Grade 1

More Old Sartin Programs Wanted

As many of you know, I love to fool around with old Sartin prgms with manual entry that I can get to work on my Win 8.1 64 bit computer. I have Synergism2, Matchup, Entropy 2 and Tpr 2. Looking for advanced Entropy and Advanced TPR. Or any other old Sartin goodie that can be made to work on my computer. At one time have had just about all of the Sartin prms. I want them back, if they will work on my computer. Let's make a deal...
Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 10:35 AM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1

I know you know this Lefty, but for anyone who might have something to 'trade' with you - the policy at PaceandCap is: people may only request or offer to buy or sell or exchange Sartin software (or any software) that they own a rightful and paid-up license to. In other words: no trading in software which Doc Sartin did not original sell you or gift you. If you are trying to resurrect a defunct disk, or find a way around copy-protection which prevents your software's use on newer Windows versions - no problem, as long as it's software you own, or you're buying or receiving software someone else owns.

A good way to know this is: require of anyone in the transaction that they provide a photo of the ORIGINAL disk, or some honourable means of proving that you OWN the software, not merely that someone gave you a stolen (= illicit) copy at some point.

Lefty - not saying this applies to you at all! Only - please be aware that we have this strict policy. And others, kindly be reminded as well We would not be very good flag-bearers here of the Sartin legacy if all of Doc's work was just dumped onto some electronic 'flea-market'. I'm not going to police this at all, only declare it from time to time!

Good luck getting working copies of your older Sartin programs! BTW, have you read the discussions in this Older Sartin Software forum about the 64-bit versions of Dosbox?

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 06:58 PM   #3
dlivery
Grade 1

Hey There Lefty

Good luck with your inter workings.
RDSS has proven time over time to ME we hold the Basics of Handicapping.
Is this the Line I want to use.
Now if I can only remember our Best teacher of the Method.
Old 12-17-2018, 11:08 PM   #4
Lefty
Grade 1

Ted, Yes, I only want prgms from owners and I'll only trade ones I own. I have gotten a few to work withdosbox. But if you don't want me to trade I'll respect that. Okay if I buy?
Old 12-17-2018, 11:13 PM   #5
Lefty
Grade 1

dlivery, I know Rdss is good but the data costs are too much for me. With manual input I can put in races any track I want. Sun I did 2 from GP and 4 from Woodbine. There have been instances where I have done a few races from 3 tracks. With manual input my only cost is a little labor. Plus I know I pick better pacelines from DRF than from a computer screen, that's how much they look different from me. So you'll never see me knock RDSS.
Old 12-18-2018, 10:17 AM   #6
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
Ted, Yes, I only want prgms from owners and I'll only trade ones I own. I have gotten a few to work withdosbox. But if you don't want me to trade I'll respect that. Okay if I buy?
All is well Lefty! The old programs pick winners as well as they ever did, especially in competent hands. (Sometimes they don't pay as much as they used to.) Good luck, good skill.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 06:20 PM   #7
Lefty
Grade 1

fair

hanks, Ted. You are imminently fair.
Old 01-01-2019, 12:52 PM   #8
billywins
AlwNW1X

I have a disk of val 1 that I never used, I am sure it is a manual disk. I only used the auto copy of disk.
billywins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 07:35 PM   #9
Lefty
Grade 1

billywins, sent you a PM.