Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) > Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum General Handicapping Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 08:34 AM   #1
partsnut
BetMix User

How I Get And Profit From The Big Horse

How I Get And Profit From The Big Horse
Attached Images

Old 11-27-2012, 10:44 AM   #2
Bill V.
The egg man

dealing

Hi Bill H.

thats all fine and good for you
I hope to get an honest answer as when you do respond I can count on you.

Showing a profit on the bottom line is fine

Please describe if you can your answers to these questions

How often do you wager ? races per day.and per week,
How much preporation is involved or do you just point and click
Do you feel much different about yourself before or after hitting a $135 horse
when you are still $5.00 behind ?
Is your method of betting to be in total isolation ?
You are betting a $1000 bankroll ?
Did you actually begin with $1000 or are you betting
from a bankroll that was smaller when you started and now it has grown to be $1000 just from profits of your method ?
Do you watch races as they run ?
Do you just make all your bets ahead of time and then walk away ?
Do you check a result chart ?
Do you just look at your bankroll win or lose ?
If you watch races at a track or online do you hear
the comments of the race call ?
What was your biggest win bet return when you handicapped a race
by the normal method of picking contenders. than pacelines and then
making a proper betting decision ?
Have you ever used the normal method of picking contenders. than pacelines and then making a proper betting decision by only betting spot plays?
if so what was your biggest win amount in 1 race based on odds
10/1 ? 20/1? 30/1 higher ?

I await your answers

Bill
Old 11-27-2012, 04:17 PM   #3
shoeless
Grade 1

Parts,

Nice hit my friend value betting
Old 11-27-2012, 09:12 PM   #4
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Give me a break - please!

This is a post of some kind of 'proprietary software' (a dutching tool) in which 7 horses were bet representing the bottom half of the tote field. (And curiously, the odds showing are the exact final odds from the result chart, so the dutch was based on information after the fact, not at bet time).

The author (and I don't even know if the author is Partsnut, as this seems like a 'screen capture' of someone's post, somewhere) seeks 23% return in a race, and makes 23% over the long term. Whatever the criteria are for skipping the previous races on the WO card that day are not given (presumably because the method is proprietary).

At any rate, the author waited out the preceding 6 races, bet this one - the 7th race - and still lost $5 or $6 overall (which makes no sense, unless that loss was attributed to bets in this particular race).

My point is - what's the point of posting this? It's not a method anyone else can access - it's proprietary; it advocates a betting approach that is totally unrelated to the Sartin Methodology (and remember - this is a Sartin Methodology community); the claims of making long term profits of 23% are unsubstantiated (not that I am disputing that 23% profits long term are not possible).

Every other Tom, Dick and Harry should now feel free to report on bizarre, unlikely and unsubstantiated (and proprietary) approaches to handicapping and betting - because anything goes.

NOT.

If the software turns out to be not proprietary; if the contender selection (i.e. other than finding a particular race in which it is advisable to simply take the bottom half of the odds field) is not proprietary, and is even vaguely related to anything heard of before or supported by rational and verifiable analysis - then maybe there is something to talk about. Otherwise, not.

This forum is not the place for ideas like this. Please do not post more of them. People come here to learn about best practices of the Sartin Methodology - and this is not one of them: nowhere close. Even if I state my opinion that betting like this long term is dangerous - we don't know: it's proprietary and 'never will be found in the market'. So why the tease?

And as for 'value betting' - a $1 Win bet on 66-1 horse, along with 6 other bottom of the tote board horses. Huh??

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Old 11-27-2012, 09:23 PM   #5
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Here's a fun fact: type this into a Google search 'How I get and profit from the big horse'

Moral: Google pays attention to Pace and Cap (and fairly quickly, too). People use it to find information here about the Sartin Methodology (and other stuff).

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Old 11-28-2012, 07:24 AM   #6
partsnut
BetMix User

Ted Craven:
Quote:
This forum is not the place for ideas like this. Please do not post more of them. People come here to learn about best practices of the Sartin Methodology - and this is not one of them: nowhere close. Even if I state my opinion that betting like this long term is dangerous - we don't know: it's proprietary and 'never will be found in the market'. So why the tease?
Hi Ted, I'm sorry you were offended by my post. I was simply showing a different approach in the
Quote:
handicapping discussion
section of the board. There was no offense intended.

The intent of the post was not to tease but to show an example of betting to the toteboard. As well, I don't find it necessary to go into long dissertations on how when and why I wager. I have nothing to prove here.
This project I exemplified was formulated and put into code by a very formidable and accredited mathematician. As far as I'm concerned, case closed.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:42 AM   #7
partsnut
BetMix User

Ted Craven:

Quote:
Give me a break - please!

This is a post of some kind of 'proprietary software' (a dutching tool) in which 7 horses were bet representing the bottom half of the tote field. (And curiously, the odds showing are the exact final odds from the result chart, so the dutch was based on information after the fact, not at bet time).

At any rate, the author waited out the preceding 6 races, bet this one - the 7th race - and still lost $5 or $6 overall (which makes no sense, unless that loss was attributed to bets in this particular race).
------------------------------------------------------------------

Ted, when you use the exact odds directly from the tote board using a tote board piece of software, it is done it in real time and the actual odds are imperative.

Yes, I was back $ 5.00 to $6.00 after playing a total of 7 races, so what?
It only verifies to a certain degree what I made very clear. This a long term endeavor.

Yes, this might be is a dangerous way to play if you do not understand the concept and if this be the case, one might say that all gambling is dangerous, especially to the uniformed.

Suffice to say that I have seen material posted on this board that in my opinion has no direct relationship to the Sartin Methodology that is being sanctioned and promoted for whatever the reasons might be. This is your choice because this is your board and you choose to do so. Does this make it right?
I could very well be alone in my thinking but I strongly doubt that this be the case.

I believe my post was harmless and did not attack or insult anyone. It was merely my way to show those that might be interest, a different approach to beating the game. My post was made in good faith and with good intentions.

Last edited by partsnut; 11-28-2012 at 09:49 AM.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:43 AM   #8
Bill V.
The egg man

mind

Quote:

The intent of the post was not to tease but to show an example of betting to the toteboard. As well, I don't find it necessary to go into long dissertations on how when and why I wager. I have nothing to prove here.
Hello Bill H.

I understand you not wanting to get into your personel
betting habits and methods.

If you had answered my questions, that would have been enlightening
but I also thought there was a good chance you would not
I asked anyway.
My hope was that my questions would be directed toward anybody
who like yourself chooses to wager with this software
When its So unrelated to the Sartin Methodology
I feel that those who are serious followers of the Sartin Methodology
get much more benifit in life. than they would by "playing"
with the tote board.

Good LUCK with this game
Bill
Old 11-28-2012, 10:54 AM   #9
partsnut
BetMix User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill V. View Post
Hi Bill H.

thats all fine and good for you
I hope to get an honest answer as when you do respond I can count on you.

Showing a profit on the bottom line is fine

Please describe if you can your answers to these questions

How often do you wager ? races per day.and per week,
How much preporation is involved or do you just point and click
Do you feel much different about yourself before or after hitting a $135 horse
when you are still $5.00 behind ?
Is your method of betting to be in total isolation ?
You are betting a $1000 bankroll ?
Did you actually begin with $1000 or are you betting
from a bankroll that was smaller when you started and now it has grown to be $1000 just from profits of your method ?
Do you watch races as they run ?
Do you just make all your bets ahead of time and then walk away ?
Do you check a result chart ?
Do you just look at your bankroll win or lose ?
If you watch races at a track or online do you hear
the comments of the race call ?
What was your biggest win bet return when you handicapped a race
by the normal method of picking contenders. than pacelines and then
making a proper betting decision ?
Have you ever used the normal method of picking contenders. than pacelines and then making a proper betting decision by only betting spot plays?
if so what was your biggest win amount in 1 race based on odds
10/1 ? 20/1? 30/1 higher ?

I await your answers

Bill
---------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Bill,

Most of these questions are not applicable to the method I have shown.
The results are in the long run and one race or one days plays will not tell the story.

The software I used is a tote board program which I set the parameters of my profit expectancy, the track take out and my real or theoretical bankroll. This governs the proper amount to bet on each of my contenders. The morning line is entered and then the real time odds. It is virtually a no brainer and yes, it is similar to a dutching program.
All one has to do is add the ML and follow the tote board in real time.

I like your questionnaire but I stop filling them out when I retired 3 years ago. It was reminiscent of a job application.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:02 AM   #10
partsnut
BetMix User

Bill V.

Quote:
I feel that those who are serious followers of the Sartin Methodology
get much more benifit in life. than they would by "playing"
with the tote board.
Hi Bill,

I would think that it is just as or more important to know when, who and how much to bet. This increases ones probability of showing an inevitable profit in the long term. The objective of this game is to show a profit. If you are playing for any other reason you are wasting your time.

There are some on this board that are using New Pace and using 4 or 5 contenders in a race. The concept may work for some. In my opinion, this is and never will be a Sartin concept as far as I'm concerned.
I'm not faulting it and it might be great. I'm just saying it's not Sartin.

So now let me ask you, why all the commotion?

Last edited by partsnut; 11-28-2012 at 11:16 AM.
Closed Thread