Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

View Poll Results: How do you feel about Saturdays Derby DQ.
I am okay with it, the call was made , I will move on 27 81.82%
I am okay with the call but I am turned off and will bet less. 2 6.06%
I am happy for either myself or others that won 2 6.06%
I feel betrayed and sad enough that giving up on racing is an option 3 9.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-06-2019, 07:40 PM   #1
Bill V.
The egg man

Question How do yo feel about the Derby DQ

Hello Pace and cap friends

Please vote in my Pace and cap pool

Your answers are private no one will know what you voted,

But you can post your feelings here too

I voted for option #2 My bet size probably will drop but I love the sport

Thanks, and please take a second to vote

Binderbox pools.abc

Last edited by Bill V.; 05-06-2019 at 07:51 PM.
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 11:40 PM   #2
Lefty
Grade 1

I didn't like the poll choices. The call was terrible inasmuch as the Stewards didn't make it to start with, but racing goes on. But I still despise the call and I didn't have the initial winner but the #8.
Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 11:14 AM   #3
tom
Grade 1

I liked the call.
Putting the winner 17th at least made the horses I bet on look better by beating SOMETHING!
tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 01:03 PM   #4
Mitch44
Grade 1

I bet the winner, didn't like the call due to lack of consistency on the stewards part. Won't bet the other two legs of the TC and their decision ruined the TC regardless of what happens in the other two legs.

The owner is making the right decision to by-pass the other two legs. Far too many horses are ruined and never heard from again after the TC to include many Derby winners. The training and races take a tremendous toll on the horses that participate. Max. Security will be much better for that and has a greater chance to remain sound. We haven't heard the last of him yet. He'll have a chance to take on older horses later in the fall with success rather than be spent and not totally racing sound.

If Belinda Stronach was so concerned with safety at CD as she is at SA she would cut the field size to 14. No its all about the money, $50,000 just to enter and start not counting nomination fees etc. Having 7 additional horses in the race that don't belong has caused many problems over the years. That flat out is asking for problems.

I wonder if she had anything to due with the decision? The owner is based in Cailf. and runs a lot at SA. Perhaps he didn't support her initiative at SA and her changes. Who really knows and those that do aren't talking. I thought the owner was treated very unfairly when he was denied viewing of the tapes of the race by CD and was told he had to wait till Thursday.HMM?? What's up with that? Note: the Preakness and Pim. are also a Stronach track. CD hasn't been know to be a hospitable track in the past and a few years ago mistreated a hall of fame jock who was paralyzed from horseracing. They dam sure have some public relation problems.

Apparently TwinSpires thought it was an inappropriate call as their returning $10 to anyone that bet on Max. Security to win. Some solace here for me as their my modern day bookie and my $10 bet on Max. Sec. will be returned. No return on my DD and P3 that the decision cost me, but what to hell.

Moving on,
Mitch44

Last edited by Mitch44; 05-07-2019 at 01:07 PM.
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 01:50 PM   #5
CheckMark
Conley

Did not like the call since I loved #7 Maximum Security. It is just so dumb that you can throw out a horse and then the winner does not run in the Preakness.
Old 05-07-2019, 03:55 PM   #6
mick
Abiding Student

It was a gut punch to the Triple Crown, in my opinion. The Preakness and the Belmont Stakes don't seem very interesting anymore. I wonder what the executives at NBC Sports are saying among themselves behind closed doors.

Illustrated Glossary
mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 10:45 PM   #7
omar
Grade 1

Bad camera angle

I don't blame See No Evil ,Speak No Evil and Hear No Evil up in the booth because the track camera angles, which they watch didn't show the foul. With the track feed you get a frontal shot of the horses coming around the far turn. But with NBC on site, their cameras are not fixed like the tracks are, or is it R. Their angle shots came from the side looking towards the infield and when the stewards saw that angle it was clear the horse veered into the path of the 1 horse causing a chain reaction which did cause the 20 to lose some momentum. Sure, as bad as i walk if i pull the cord and trip 3 people i can beat them to the head of the line also.

Last edited by omar; 05-08-2019 at 10:47 PM.
omar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 07:11 AM   #8
Mitch44
Grade 1

The link below is an excellent article on this years Ky. Derby by Steve Haskin of Bloodhorse.

http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/horse...t-stories.aspx

Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 08:35 PM   #9
lonestarracefan
Grade 1

Send a message via Yahoo to lonestarracefan
Video exonerates Maximum Security & Jockey Saez

Video exonerates Maximum Security & Jockey Saez, War of Will and jockey Tyler Gaffalione causes the multiple contacts with Maximum Security causing him to veer out.

What does Churchill do when a Federal Court overrides the Stewards?

https://www.horseracingnation.com/ne...qmiVjl81XT9_EM
Attached Images

Last edited by lonestarracefan; 05-11-2019 at 08:40 PM.
lonestarracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 08:47 PM   #10
Bill V.
The egg man

Handle

Hi Lonestarfan

long time, but welcome as always

I feel for you "we was robbed"

It looks like Churchill and the whole TC series will feel this
in handle.. If that is anything to ease the pain
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote