Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 10-12-2019, 04:48 AM   #1
DaveEdwards
Grade 1

Lasix Use

Morning all,

I'm posting two attachments from Hawthorne Race 2 on 10th Oct 19. Apologies, I don't know how to do the thing where you circle the area you are talking about.

Horse 10 shows no Lasix in the PP and also nothing under today for Equipment/Medication.

Horse 11 does show for today.

The guy who does the paddock talk, said that the 10 was first time Lasix today. So my questions are:
1) How late can a trainer declare Lasix? Presumably later than the PP was compiled by Trackmaster?
2) If a horse is going to be first time Lasix today, but is not included within the Meds/Equipment information at the top of the screen is there a free way for me to easily look up this information beforehand?

Thank you all as ever!
Attached Images

DaveEdwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 04:59 AM   #2
DaveEdwards
Grade 1

Further

From the segments screen at the finish the 6 was showing as the superior horse, albeit that it would have to come from off the pace to win.
As it was day one there was no information to use as a Track Profile.

The 10 won by about 3L comfortably overturning the 1.4L deficit from the segments screen using the last race. The 6 was closing as expected, but never enough to be an issue.
Attached Images

Old 10-12-2019, 08:07 AM   #3
Bill V.
The egg man

Too late

Hey Dave Edwards
Horse 10 is a E8. She is lightly raced and breaks fast
Looking at horse 6 from the result chart and her past performance lines,
It looks like she ran as she always does, Coming from off the pace
to just not getting to the line fast enough.
I have no idea of the condition book at AP or HAW but it looks like
CL 6.250 is as low as they want to go or it may be the low step on the class ladder.
To win she probable needs morse distance and a better breaking ability
if not a drop.

Name:  Breakfast.JPG
Views: 384
Size:  211.2 KB

Name:  stuck.JPG
Views: 389
Size:  221.4 KB
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 09:54 AM   #4
Mitch44
Grade 1

Dave:
Its the speed and distance or exertion that causes bleeding, even in workouts. Its not unusual for a horse to bleed in the later stages of a race than get Lasix and improve. In racing sometimes anticipating what is going to happen pays big dividends with moves by trainers or changes in equipment.

Bill's analysis of the #6 is correct in that he may need more dis. to be effective such as 6.5 F. And if the track doesn't card those distances or the connections don't ship he forced to run at a disadvantage. Than when properly place they win and at better odds. I always stress every horse be evaluated for its best dis. and surface. In this case the 6 was still the counter energy horse and probability keyed a nice EX.

Changes must be made at the time of printing of the program. Printing mistakes are made but the track must announce any correction. Few at the track listen to the changes. The PP's in RDSS are not the best when it comes to data which is why I supplement them with Bris PP's. The game is tough and it makes no sense to start off at a disadvantage.

Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 10:43 AM   #5
Bill V.
The egg man

Lasix

I am not sure but does the L or LB stand for Lasix and bandages ?

If so, every horse in the race ran with Lasix according to the result chart
Old 10-12-2019, 11:40 AM   #6
Lt1
Grade 1

Hell almost every horse runs on lasix these days.. I can't believe all of them are bleeders. This is one of the reasons racing is taking a beating in the public. This sport needs 1 ruling body with a the authority to establish 1 set of rules for the entire sport just as all other sports have. Until the industry wakes up the sport will be in danger of ending.
Tim
Old 10-12-2019, 01:06 PM   #7
Bill V.
The egg man

High 5

Hey Tim

What the heck is PRX up to. 5 maiden races in a row.
Come on racing.
First 5 races all maidens. Boo
Old 10-12-2019, 01:37 PM   #8
Lt1
Grade 1

I know then multiple scrs screws up everything. Not only that look at those purse values. My work sheets are so screwed up I have to do 1 race at a time now. Should have stayed in bed.
Tim
Old 10-12-2019, 04:38 PM   #9
Mitch44
Grade 1

Bill the L is for Lasix and capital B is for Bute which is still legal in some jurisdictions. A small b is for blinkers.

Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 08:51 AM   #10
DaveEdwards
Grade 1

Hi Bill, Mitch and Tim!

Sorry for the delay responding, family first and all that, especially when you’ve got a high maintenance daughter!
Thanks for the break down everyone. You are all absolutely right. The result could easily be explained with basic Methodology and the race went exactly as you said. It may very well be that the late addition of Lasix had zero impact on the result.
The 10 horse took no prisoners as it left the gate. Over a further 0.5F it may very well have been a different result with the 6 closing like a train. Additionally, the base data was from AP which is somewhere that I have never looked at. Whether or not AP suited the 6’s running style better or not I have no idea.

It was with the way the paddock announcer made reference to the Lasix that got me thinking. I’ll be honest and have to admit that I’d never checked to see how many were running on Lasix and actually assumed LB meant leg bandages not Lasix and Bute!!!
You live and learn…..