Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) > Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum General Handicapping Discussion

Old 12-07-2009, 01:03 PM   #1
tfm
Former member

WO Final Numbers

Going to miss WO.

Final numbers for the meet:

ROI +18%

Total number of plays 345. This is deceiving however as almost 300 of these were exotic plays (exactas, mostly, with a few doubles and tris). As I typically play 2 number exactas, splitting my usual unit in half, these in fact were closer to 600 (exotic) plays; and about 65 win bets. The low number of wins bets in because I've basically stopped betting to win (for the most part).

These figures aren't that surprising, as WO has the most accurate data out there and offers just about the best racing anywhere. Then again, given the high number of mess up (poorly structured/thought out plays, the many cases where my numbers came in reversed, the number of winners I passed on, etc.) and a ridiculously poor start (something like 1 for my first 50 or so) to the meet, the results are very encouraging.
tfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 03:23 PM   #2
seattlesnake
Grade 1

NIccce!!!

Way To Go TFM.... Keep It Up!!!

IMO...Win Bets are basically obligatory saver bets to use as extra bullets to fire for your bombers in the exotics!!!

Wish i could have gotten some of that action up across the border...
Im in vegas...so no internet wagering..no rebates..no adw..

Jess
seattlesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:23 PM   #3
BJennet
Grade 1

Great job

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfm View Post
Going to miss WO.

ROI +18%

Total number of plays 345. This is deceiving however as almost 300 of these were exotic plays (exactas, mostly, with a few doubles and tris). As I typically play 2 number exactas, splitting my usual unit in half, these in fact were closer to 600 (exotic) plays; and about 65 win bets. The low number of wins bets in because I've basically stopped betting to win (for the most part).

These figures aren't that surprising, as WO has the most accurate data out there and offers just about the best racing anywhere. Then again, given the high number of mess up (poorly structured/thought out plays, the many cases where my numbers came in reversed, the number of winners I passed on, etc.) and a ridiculously poor start (something like 1 for my first 50 or so) to the meet, the results are very encouraging.
tfm,

Excellent ROI. You say it's not that great - is your average ROI higher? To put it in perspective, Steve Crist, who surely knows from exotic betting, claims an exotics ROI of 20%.

Cheers,

B Jennet
BJennet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 05:22 AM   #4
RichieP
Grade 1

Thumbs up

Tremendous work John and all this after that horrendous start!

Whole lotta bets too man gets you toward this large number stuff that is good
RichieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:22 AM   #5
tfm
Former member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJennet View Post
tfm,

Excellent ROI. You say it's not that great - is your average ROI higher? To put it in perspective, Steve Crist, who surely knows from exotic betting, claims an exotics ROI of 20%.

Cheers,

B Jennet
I had a negative ROI for win, given the very poor start (where I was betting almost exclusively to win). And, I never made it up, as I pretty much stopped betting to win in the middle of the summer. At this point, my ROI took off. My exotic ROI for the meet was +28%.
tfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 05:01 PM   #6
GoSimon
Maiden

Send a message via ICQ to GoSimon Send a message via AIM to GoSimon Send a message via MSN to GoSimon Send a message via Yahoo to GoSimon
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfm View Post
Going to miss WO.

ROI +18%

I confirm that WO has an excellent record, i.e., the ROI of 161 % over 71 races in 2009 according to my "theoretical" analysis. You mention that WO has the most accurate data out there. Can you think of any other tracks with slightly less accurate data? I am trying to expand my horizon beyond WO, but I see only lousy data at many other tracks...
GoSimon is offline   Reply With Quote