Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions)
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions) Racing Decision Support System - The NEW Version 2.2

Old 04-10-2020, 12:09 PM   #321
Mark
Grade 1

Vanished...

Ted,

I downloaded again about 20 minutes ago and everything is perfect, no problem whatsoever. I have the paceline selection routine set for "last line" always and due to my previous problems with this I have the "Don't Duplicate" always unchecked. It has to be something associated with downloading the day before as the cure happens when downloading the day of the races.
Thank You
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 08:02 PM   #322
gandalf380
Grade 1

golden gate

for some reason, at Golden Gate, the last race of the day is repeated twice. For instance, today rdss showed nine races with the 8th and 9th races duplicated. it doesn't cause any problems, just odd.
Attached Images

Old 05-31-2020, 08:34 PM   #323
Ted Craven
Grade 1

I think it has to do with the 'Golden Hour Double' final race Double wager combined with Santa Anita (last race of the day involving each track). Somehow, to accomplish this, TrackMaster duplicates the final race at Golden Gate (though not at Santa Anita).

Not sure why, but there you go.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 02:10 PM   #324
gandalf380
Grade 1

strange message

I have been getting this when requesting results.
Attached Images

Old 06-12-2020, 03:34 PM   #325
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Thanks. Several people have reported this privately and I can duplicate it. Some javascript code in the TwinSpires Results page (as occasionally, in previous years) which the web-browser tool within RDSS cannot handle.

In my testing, when I click on NO, the error message disappears and the expected Results and Prices appear, and are deposited in the RDSS system, appearing normally on the Rx+ screen, ready for Export to Excel.

If this does not happen, I can suggest trying again but the results have appeared reliably in every test I've done recently. Perhaps on certain days (or tracks?) the TwinSpires servers get cranky?

I have a solution for all this access to Results via TwinSpires. For an update forthcoming ...

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 06-18-2020, 02:24 PM   #326
Ted Craven
Grade 1

SA/GG Golden Double Problems

After researching and composing the post re the SA/GG final race Golden Double which follows, I checked racing at Golden Gate to see when the next event might be, but it looks like there is no live racing scheduled at GG for the next while. So the problem is moot for the time being. Hopefully I can work on something or there will be a TrackMaster data fix by the time the Golden Double resumes.
Further to the discussion above re duplicated entries in GG races caused by the Santa Anita/olden Gate final race of each track Golden Double bet -

Santa Anita adds the last race of Golden Gate to its own card in order to provide bettors with info to wager on the Golden Double. On the SA card, the final GG race is designated as the NEXT RACE on the SA card, which might not necessarily be the same race # as it is called on the GG card!

When you also download and convert the Golden Gate card, this has the unfortunate effect of mixing entrants from 2 GG races into one race, often the penultimate race (2nd to last).

For example, last Sunday June 14 there were 9 SA races so the last race for GG (i.e. to provide data for the SA/GG last race double) was designated on the SA card as Race 10. In the SA data file that race was designated GG Race 10 (but it was REALLY GG Race 11). The RDSS Convert Task dutifully adds GG race 10 (incorrectly - it's really TRace 11) to the database when it runs the SA card. Then, when it runs the Convert for the GG card, it AGAIN adds the (correct) Race 10 data. This has the unfortunate effect of mixing 2 different race entrants in the same race - GG Race 11 (from the SA card where it named GG Race 10) and Race 11 from the GG card. Got that

The result last Sunday looked like this breakfast for my dog:

Name:  gg10.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  185.2 KB

Name:  gg11.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  169.2 KB

GG Race 11 entrants also appear in GG Race 10. Further, depending on which card is Converted LAST, the actual Distance, Surface and Class of the affected GG race may also be incorrect The good news is that if you ONLY Convert the SA card (and NOT also the GG card), everything should be correct for that single GG race tacked onto the end of SA (except for having the wrong actual GG Race #).

I have brought this to the attention of TrackMaster, asking that the LEAST they could do is call it the correct race from GG: in this example, it would have helped if in the SA card they had called that last race GG Race 11 (which is what it was). At the same time, I understand why they would want to designate it as simply 'the NEXT race' at SA (Race 10).

At this point, I don't know what the response will be. TrackMaster data files are created from a common data source over many different file formats, including the proprietary format which RDSS uses.

The WORK-AROUND:

1. confirm which horses are the ones which should not be there by looking at the last GG race entrants. In this case it was the 1st of each duplicate Program # - but that is not always guaranteed to be the case - sometimes it might be the 2nd one.

2. Mark as SCRATCHED on the Entries screen those horses who don't belong in the race.

You should then be able to handicap the race as normal. I don't know what the effect live tote will have on the manual scratches, but I will watch and report.

Ted

R
DSS -

Last edited by Ted Craven; 06-18-2020 at 02:35 PM.
Old 06-20-2020, 08:59 PM   #327
sdahl
Grade 3

Excel

Does anyone know the solution to fix this. Stan

Name:  RDSS.png
Views: 304
Size:  19.0 KB
sdahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 12:21 AM   #328
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Add data?

R
DSS -
Old 06-21-2020, 05:11 AM   #329
gandalf380
Grade 1

That is usually how formula cells appear when there are no data entered.
Old 06-21-2020, 08:56 AM   #330
sdahl
Grade 3

I think this should be enough dataName:  Annotation 2020-06-21 065249.png
Views: 362
Size:  43.0 KB
sdahl is offline   Reply With Quote