Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 10-11-2019, 10:54 PM   #1
omar
Grade 1

Unhappy Maximum Security

O where o where can Max. S be, o where o where can he be?? I don't see him listed for the BC Classsic. More sour grapes from the connections- they "know" they have the best horse and they don't have to run him to prove it!! Bolderdash, and if I had a horse that would be his name. My guess is that they're pointing him for the Pegasus in January at Gulfstream, a track he won at, and Hope that not many horses show up to face him. Remember Hope is not a handicapping factor. If I was his competition for every closer in the race I would enter a rabbit to challenge him. If he's as good as the owner claims it shouldn't matter, should it. How's this for irony, one horse gets dq'd from a race that probably would have made him best 3yo and another moves up via a dq to claim that title!!
Your raving,scathing,raving racing critic, Omar!
P.S. somebody replied on another site that The Cigar Mile will be the next race he's entered in and scratched out of!!

Meadowlands grass racing tomorrow and probably will give Laurel a look. Rain overnight at Keenland.

Last edited by omar; 10-11-2019 at 10:57 PM.
omar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 09:09 AM   #2
Mitch44
Grade 1

It's not about the BC or any other race, its about the horse. The horse and its welfare is the first priority. If it has some issue than he's not raced for public opinion, period.

He may grow out of what ever issues are holding him back. The connections are doing the right thing and the horse's well being comes first which could even be as a great sire. Only, time will prove his true potential, not any one race.

Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 11:12 AM   #3
Lt1
Grade 1

Mitch I couldn't agree more.. Too much is made of the BC especially the Classic. I go back several years, when the owner of Goldikova rebuffed those who claimed she could not be horse of the year if she didn't run in the classic. His answer was why the heck would I take a champion female turf miler and run her against males at a dist and surface she was not familiar with and most likely not handle. All she did was win 3 BC turf races which I believe is still the most wins by any horse in BC history. Besides,in my opinion, too much importance is placed on the Classic. It's just 1 race in a year. Also the BC has lost its' luster over the years with the addition of almost double the races from the original concept and running it over 2 days. Staying almost exclusively on the West Coast, instead of rotating it as the founders wanted, has also cut interest. Not to mention racing until after 8pm on the East Coast on a Fri and Sat. Racing is an outdoor sport and the elements are part of it. Sadly money hungry hacks deprived the country from the opportunity to see this event live at tracks in their area. I would have liked to have seen more interest in Mike Respolis' idea that the East Coast outfits should have pt together their own championship weekend with purses to match the BC and thus off setting the West Coast advantage,
Tim
Old 10-12-2019, 05:08 PM   #4
Mitch44
Grade 1

I couldn't agree more Tim. Very well said! I'm sick of it being on the West Coast. It should be rotated as originally planned.

Many foreign horses avoid the West Coast because of the warm weather as their way into their winner coats , change of seasons etc. Horses or for that matter all animals clocks are geared to the changes. They know when it time to breed or spawn etc. Its just amazing how fish can return several years later to spawn 'swithin a few feet of where born.

Euro participation is much greater when held on the East Coast. I have to laugh at some titles such as World Series. What's world about it? They only play US teams and only US teams are eligible. The BC was meant to be a world wide event and participation. I would even like to see it held in foreign countries but not until they produce PP's similar to ours with internal times etc.

There are some small in-roads such as Trakus at Meydan and more co-mingled pools each year but everything is at a snails pace, similar problems exist here with each State having different rules and medications etc.

Mitch44

Last edited by Mitch44; 10-12-2019 at 05:11 PM.
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 12:17 PM   #5
omar
Grade 1

Wink Maximum Security

The issue that he had was colic, the horse is fine. He didn't even require surgery. I read the article in Bloodlines.
Omar
Old 10-14-2019, 12:47 PM   #6
omar
Grade 1

Smile Maximum Security

Read just before in Horse Racing Nation that his next start will be in the Bold Ruler at Belmont on 10/26 at 7F., probably his best distance looks to be a mile. Let's see who he faces. Bodexpress is back at GPW today in race 2. Maybe they're going to point him towards the Bold Ruler too!!
Omar
Old 10-17-2019, 10:54 AM   #7
ScottB
Grade 1

@ 7F Maximum Security is unbeatable.
ScottB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 01:08 PM   #8
omar
Grade 1

Red face Maximum Security

So if you think that then go ahead and bet the house on him. Go ahead and cash your $2.40 ticket.
Old 10-17-2019, 02:49 PM   #9
Bill V.
The egg man

bet smart

Or perhaps bet some of the surrounding races and use Maxi as a single
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 03:40 PM   #10
omar
Grade 1

using a 2.40 horse in a pick3 is like getting paid for a double!
By the way, i noticed the website comes up as not secured.
omar