Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Discussion and Member Contributions
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Discussion and Member Contributions Member Contributions and Discussions

Old 06-12-2008, 05:35 AM   #1
admin
Administrator

Inside Track Radio Show

From Lou Sosa ....

Inside Track Radio Show

I found this recorded on the other side of the Cramer tape. You probably won't be familiar with this racing show unless you lived in the Los Angeles area in the 80's and 90's.

The host was Steve Arthur and the handicappers on this tape were Bruce Finkelstein, who was a regular, and Gordon Jones, who was a regular at this time, and who is more nationally known by writing a couple of books.

They covered the So Cal racing scene pretty well. The negatives were they were always touting their "picks" or their "900 line" and there were a couple of other shows at the time where the hosts and participants would trash each other. Other than that, both Finkelstein and Jones were solid handicappers once you got beyond the "touting" part.

I believe this show is from 1995 at the HOL fall/winter meet. They talk about Argolid breaking his maiden as a 2 year old the week before, I believe. Argolid was a Baffert trained colt who won the On Trust Handicap at this same meet in 1996. Since that race was for 3 and up and I assume he won it as a 3 year old, hence the guess at 1995.

You probably won't get much out of this tape but it did bring back some memories for me. This show was on the old KGRB AM which broadcast from the town next to which I lived in at the time.

I did meet Gordon Jones at Fairplex once - very friendly and respectful guy in person. I believe his daughter Joanne is married to a jock (Clinton Potts?) and might still be doing some tv racing work.
admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 05:53 AM   #2
admin
Administrator

Here is the audio clip

Inside Track

http://www.paceandcap.com/InsideTrac...kRadioShow.mp3
admin is offline   Reply With Quote