Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) > Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum > Welcome to the Sartin Methodology
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Welcome to the Sartin Methodology New members: introduce yourselves! Ask about how to get started, get pointers in the right direction.

Old 07-14-2009, 07:53 AM   #11
anglemaster
AlwNW1X

thanks Richie, I appreciate it.

JOhn
anglemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 12:41 PM   #12
Tim Y
turf historian

Was just out at Fort Erie with Elissa Blowe. Wished I had of known how to contact you.
Attached Images

Old 07-14-2009, 06:44 PM   #13
gl45
Grade 1

anglemaster,
welcome. If the name is a reflection of the method being used in horse racing handicapping, I would like to ask your position in the importance of trainer intents as one of the main factors in analyze the upcoming race.
Thanks
gl45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 07:55 AM   #14
MIKE
Grade 1

AHA !!!

--the infamous Tim shows his face !!!

--good picture Tim !!
MIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 08:32 AM   #15
anglemaster
AlwNW1X

BuonGiorno Pino, it is me "John". As you know Trainer INtent is very important, would you agree with that???? How are you my friend.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:34 AM   #16
anglemaster
AlwNW1X

Tim to bad I missed you. I take it you were down for POW day. I will be seeing Ms Blowe in a couple of weeks. My family still lives in the Fort Erie area, as does MS. Blowe.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:47 AM   #17
JeffH
AlwNW3X

Hello from Montana

Hello everyone! I am new to the forum. I have made a couple of posts in the "what to read" section. Anyway, I have been reading the suggested material; and am very impressed. I have also looked around the forum, reading some of the posts. It looks like I finally found what I'm looking for as far as beating the thoroughbreds is concerned. Best of luck to everyone!!
JeffH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 09:02 AM   #18
RichieP
Grade 1

Welcome to the site Jeff! You will find a good group of folks here and some pretty sharp cappers too!
Old 08-21-2010, 06:12 AM   #19
JeffH
AlwNW3X

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieP View Post
Welcome to the site Jeff! You will find a good group of folks here and some pretty sharp cappers too!
I watched your daily double analysis of Mountaineer Park. I never laughed so hard watching someone breakdown races. I really enjoyed your reaction to the horse that was entered in a stakes race as a maiden-classic!!
JeffH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:14 PM   #20
holloway
AlwNW1X

I've been a member for a few weeks and not only wanted to say hello, but say WOW...what a huge collection of information. I have never owned or used any handicapping software..still using pen and the drf. Maybe one of these days i will join the 'now' generation.

The only Sartin experience is in reading Modern Pace Handicapping and then reconfiguring ( roughly, not exactly ) it into the methods i grew up with. I guess you can say, like many, my handicapping methods have morphed over the years to include all of the good ideas i have read and practiced. I joined this forum to increase my knowledge and hopefully become an even better handicapper. If anyone is wondering, my forum name is from my mentor.. Lou Holloway...started with and still use his basic principles...and have always used his money management plan..only time it ever crapped out on me was when i used it playing blackjack. It wasnt the plans fault, it was my rotten blackjack playing
holloway is offline   Reply With Quote