Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 12-24-2019, 12:37 PM   #1
omar
Grade 1

Talking More sour grapes

There goes the owner of Maximum Security again bitching about 2% of purse money that's going to the horses care. This guy is some piece of work. If he goes to Dubai like he says he's going, facing these caliber of horses that he's going to run against, he'll be lucky to finish fourth, especially without lasix.
Hey Checkmark, you probably said the wrong thing on paceadvantage and the administrator gave you an infraction for a week or so. Check your private messages over there. That administrator is very touchy. He hands out infractions like they were candy. He should don the zebra suit and become an NFL official.
And woe to Barry Meadows who called Sartin a con man. He stated in his new book that Sartin got his doctorate in the mail. That he was no psychologist and that he wonders whatever happened to the gambling truck drivers that he turned into winners, he's really looking for them. Sure he waits to say that now, since Sartin is no longer around to defend himself. Excuse me ( hysterical laughter). Merry Xmas to all.
Omar

Last edited by omar; 12-24-2019 at 12:55 PM.
omar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 01:03 PM   #2
gandalf380
Grade 1

Actually, Omar, Barry Meadows said basically the same thing regularly in his monthly newsletter. That was published while Doc was still alive.
Old 12-24-2019, 01:16 PM   #3
omar
Grade 1

Cool Meadows

I really don't know. After reading his first book I didn't think his newsletter was worth reading. He was really more into trotters than flats. I was never into the trotters.
Old 12-24-2019, 08:20 PM   #4
Mitch44
Grade 1

Who needs "More sour grapes? Don't know where that 2% stuff came from as I haven't read that. Do you have a reference? Or is that more BS?

I prefer champagne to sour grapes, especially this time of the year. My grapes of choice. Merry Christmas Omar.

Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 08:42 PM   #5
Bill V.
The egg man

Meet me

If Barry Meadows wants to, I can add this bit of info.

He turned me, a nonwinner, into a truck driver

There are many many more examples of people finding his work
right here on Pace and Cap
He made them not only winners at racing but to being winners in life.

Bill

PS
Stopped into McDonald's yesterday for a cup of decaf.
The self-serve machines ask if I would like to round up my order
to the nearest dollar to support Ronald McDonald

Though that was a nice gesture

I Hope Maxi wins. I really don't care what the owner does
as long as Maxi is healthy and happy to win.
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 05:11 AM   #6
omar
Grade 1

Talking More discourse

That's a big 10-4 rubber ducky. By the way I don't think Meadows thought too much of Taulbot either. In his first book he stated that betting the pick 6 was not for the $2 bettor but he wanted all the $2 bettors to buy his book. One doesn't need a calculator or chart to know that a .20 $14.40 ticket would run you$144 for a $2 ticket. I read the article in one of the online horseracing publications. Personally I don't think he'll run him in any race without lasix. He won't risk losing $$$ in syndication for the horse and I wont feel sorry for anyone who buys him either. It must be nice to have money to burn like that. Bill,now you see why I don't play Aqu-Bel that much. Sunday, race 7 at Aqu, a $36 horse on top of a 49-1 shot who pays $35 to place. I was looking for a closer in the race. Bet the 4&8 to win. Had the 4 over the 1-5-8 in exacta. I saw the 2 was a sustained horse, I just didn't use him. If I did I would've been pissed. Exacta comes back ONLY $628. That payoff at Gpx would've come back over a grand guaranteed. If you did Aqu Sunday and you want to try my pacelines in your program let me know. And finally to Mitch44 who always responds promptly and with alot of thought and wit to my posts, happy holidays to you to Sir. You might want to ask Coacht about the article, he emailed it to me.
Later, Omar. It's 505 am and it's time for me to take my thyroid pill.
Old 12-25-2019, 09:14 AM   #7
fastcharlie55
AlwNW2X

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar View Post
There goes the owner of Maximum Security again bitching about 2% of purse money that's going to the horses care. This guy is some piece of work. If he goes to Dubai like he says he's going, facing these caliber of horses that he's going to run against, he'll be lucky to finish fourth, especially without lasix.
Hey Checkmark, you probably said the wrong thing on paceadvantage and the administrator gave you an infraction for a week or so. Check your private messages over there. That administrator is very touchy. He hands out infractions like they were candy. He should don the zebra suit and become an NFL official.
And woe to Barry Meadows who called Sartin a con man. He stated in his new book that Sartin got his doctorate in the mail. That he was no psychologist and that he wonders whatever happened to the gambling truck drivers that he turned into winners, he's really looking for them. Sure he waits to say that now, since Sartin is no longer around to defend himself. Excuse me ( hysterical laughter). Merry Xmas to all.
Omar
I remember Meadows years back had a phone service called Meadows win ratings (and they sucked) compared to Sartin. If anyone ever develops the perfect software they will not sell it, they would simply get rich playing it. His book was a flop and insulting Sartin just lowered his class level to the bottom.
fastcharlie55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 10:07 AM   #8
tom
Grade 1

The best part of Meadows book was the research done by Ken Massa.
tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 02:09 PM   #9
Mitch44
Grade 1

I've read a few articles by Ken Massa, one of which I saved. He definitely superior to many in the field of horseracing.

As far as Barry Meadows I've never read any of his book nor intend to. I've always believed Sartin to be way ahead of most. There is always some petty jealousy among the top in the field, in fact against winners as a whole. Pissed because they take their short comings out on winners. That extends to other field as well such as the New England Patriots and New York Yankees.

As far as Sartin I judge him by those that stood by him verses those with an axe to grind such as Meadows etc. Sartin threw out some members for violating codes of ethnics such as Schmitt and Pizolla. One has to admire any man that has standards and ethnics especially if it has to do with a business. In Sartin's case I believe some of his came because he was pumping out programs at a rapid pace which I believe was because of the computer revolution rapid changes in both speed and memory.

Even Benter and Alan Woods had a fallen out and split, never again to comeback together. Based on the results of both their lives, Bender was correct in ditching Woods.

I used the word jealousy but it could easily be envy etc., whatever it is its not conductive to a winning attitude or success.

Mitch44

Last edited by Mitch44; 12-26-2019 at 02:12 PM.
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 03:50 PM   #10
ignacio todoberto bernal
Grade 1

Send a message via Yahoo to ignacio todoberto bernal
Barry....5% yearly profit...uhm ?
ignacio todoberto bernal is offline   Reply With Quote