Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 01-15-2006, 07:47 AM   #1
shoeless
Grade 1

Wondering why

I notice there are 118 members here and wonder for the most part why most of you dont post.For instance Partsnut took the time to post something about a race yesterday at Tampa and nobody responded to it.I usually dont but quite frankly I missed it otherwise I would have responded.I have told Bill this but sometimes I feel it's a waste of time posting here .Im a married guy with limited time to do this and if no one responds I would be better off using that time to handicap.Maybe it because Im not posting anything interesting enough to comment about.Therefore Im going to start cutting back some on my posts and let other members here keep the ball rolling. Jeff
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 10:24 AM   #2
Fast4522
Former member

Send a message via AIM to Fast4522
Shoeless. you may or may not agree with me but I feel its the content and offerings. Like this post you started is almost 4 hours old and with only 6 hits from different mac address, one has to conclude you, Binder and myself account for 3 of the 6 hits. Ok so there is about 118 members with the same half dozen who post every week, the balance is aprox. 110 who should say something about what they want to read and would be willing to respond to.
Maybe every post should end with feel free to comment!

Last edited by Fast4522; 01-15-2006 at 10:31 AM.
Fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 10:39 AM   #3
Binder
Grade 1

Send a message via AIM to Binder
Hi Jeff

I apologize Partsnut
I really enjoy particating in the races you post about
Yesterday was a great day for me personally
But that also meant I was unable to join in..
Shoeless I woke up early and
Put together a very nice presentation in
my reply to your Race 10 Tampa post. Then as I told you
I had a awful Saturday delivery into Newark,
Then I had to work on my jeep as I have no time during the week
I had to miss a chance to meet up with Rich at the Meadowland
also I had a invite to meet a member at Philly Park
I drove down and met Brooks at Monmouth
We had a nice day then I went to his house and visited
mom and watched football anyway at various times
throughout the day I checked in and read post here on Pace and Cap/
also on VDC messenger and a third group
My point is We have 118 members this is going up all the time we have near 30000 visits People enjoy this site so I'm going to try to improve it
Many of our members might have similar days they read and I jhope more people can join in

Bill
Binder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 10:50 AM   #4
shoeless
Grade 1

Fast,I agree with what you said here but I dont think feel free to comment will do it.There are just too many lurkers who are not contributing a damn thing.So Im going to take a breather and see what they come up with.Jeff
Old 01-15-2006, 10:52 AM   #5
shoeless
Grade 1

Bill,This has nothing to do with you.There is no way you can get people to respond or leave posts if they dont want to.You have done a hell of a job setting this up.Jeff
Old 01-15-2006, 11:06 AM   #6
RichieP
Grade 1

Jeff,
my take is this:
we are all horseplayers. the lurkers are definitely in this mix too! lol
I felt the same way as u last year when Bill and I were doing the Del mar meet from day one and like 3 people were commenting.It DOES get frustrating when like Bill says u see 30000 views. Hopefully some folks will post when they "feel it". Hey if they dont then so be it.

My suggestion is FOCUS totally on the races IF you are taking hard earned money out of your pocket to bet. When that is going on forget everything else women,wine, bills, family, crusty bread etc

Fast has a good idea about leaving each post with "feel free to comment"
This is NOT strictly a Sartin site so the door is wide open to all

Please feel free to comment
RichieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 11:31 AM   #7
shoeless
Grade 1

You make sense as always
Old 01-15-2006, 03:05 PM   #8
Guderian
AlwNW1X

Lurkers

I once heard a statistic that on talk radio shows only a couple of percent of the listening audience calls in and of that 2 percent most of them are repeat callers. Lurking is common to all groups no matter what the subject is. My take is state your mind and don't be surprised if you don't get any feedback, it's the nature of the web. It has nothing to do with the quality of the postings and if someone disagrees don't get into an argument, that turns people off too. if you feel the conversation is all one way, use the forums to find people who are on the same wavelength and write to them outside the group, you might make a friend and learn something from someone else.
Guderian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 05:03 PM   #9
shoeless
Grade 1

You make very good points and I have made some close friends that I talk to outside the group.Some agree some dont but they are all very good friends indeed.Actually I would like to give a big thanks to Pino,Richie and Partsnuts for helping me to get back on track at least for now. Also a BIG THANKS to Bill who if this board wasnt here in the first place I would have never met them.I hit my last 2 races pretty well at Tampa using the program and getting back to looking at trainers intent and class.I was trying to conform more towards Doc's way but while it works for other people it's just doesnt fit me.That's what it's all about.Jeff
Old 01-16-2006, 01:26 PM   #10
rgbrewser
Pacer

Talking 1st time caller

long time listener....
rgbrewser is offline   Reply With Quote