Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 08-08-2020, 11:25 AM   #1
el chupacabra
AlwNW1X

Error with Del Mar 8/8 card

Hi,

Having trouble with Del Mar's card for today. It fails to assemble all races and when trying to export to excel the few that it does successfully assemble, I get the below error message. Anyone else having this issue?
Attached Images

el chupacabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 01:19 PM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1

1. Which races does it assemble correctly? At which race does it fail? When you find that race, if you continually try to re-assemble it, does it continually fail? If so, that's a problem race (for whatever reason ), thus ignore it and move on.

2. Export fails. Every assembled race? Do those races actually assemble correctly - you can handicap them normally - all info is there?

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 01:33 PM   #3
Ted Craven
Grade 1

I assembled every race for DMR today: no failures. I have pacelines set to automatically select during assembly. Every race had at least 1 runner in the Analysis screens (i.e. Race 8 and 10 with many FTS and some scrtaches still have 1 runner). I exported every race to Excel: also no failures.

If you try to export a race with NO runners, you will get that error message (my bad, I will make a better warning message). E.g. When I removed the 1 remaining non-FTS runner from races 8 and 10 and tried to Export, I got the same error message as you.

I presume you DON'T get that error message for assembled races with some runners listed in the Analysis screen (i.e. there's something to Export).

Let me know.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 08-08-2020, 01:41 PM   #4
el chupacabra
AlwNW1X

I was only able to assemble the following races of the 11 race card:
1,3,8,10,11...the other 6 races did not assemble. When I attempted to assemble all races it failed after race 2. I then right clicked each race to assemble them individually. Only the races above assembled after doing that.

I then went through the races that did not assemble and selected pacelines manually (I too am set to automatically select pacelines during assembly but no lines were selected in these races) After I selected pacelines I tried to export and that is when i received that error message.
Old 08-08-2020, 01:43 PM   #5
el chupacabra
AlwNW1X

To be clear, the races that did assemble correctly did export fine, only the races i tried to force/manually select pace lines for were throwing that error
Old 08-08-2020, 06:37 PM   #6
Ted Craven
Grade 1

The best advice I have is for you to re-download and re-convert this card. When/if you do that, remember to UNCHECK the Don't Duplicate box in the Data Centre Tasks section to FORCE RDSS to re-download a fresh card file and FORCE a re-convert of that new file.

Using RDSS V2.1.049.11, I assembled all DMR races today at once: no failures. Then I went to each individual race and re-assembled it by right-clicking on the race # on the Race Summary screen: again no failures. I tested exporting a sample of a bunch of the races, sadly, with no failures.

Some unexplained effect during either download or convert of that card has resulted in data which is not responding normally to RDSS operations. I know the card is half over, but perhaps you could try that and see if it makes a difference.

I don't know if you have another computer, but it would be interesting to see if similar behaviour occurs in RDSS on another computer of yours. (It did not on 2 computers of mine).

If you can demonstrate repeated sessions where similar behaviour happens, either with Del Mar or with other race cards - first to yourself - then I would appreciate you contacting me by email and arranging a remote meeting for me to see what is happening on your computer. Aside from that, it is a mystery, frustrating, I accept, but something I have no other advice for at the moment .

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 08-08-2020, 07:13 PM   #7
el chupacabra
AlwNW1X

i checked on a second PC and it was all fine so perhaps just a corrupt download on my main PC. Already downloaded the Sunday cards for both Del Mar and Saratoga so this just seems like a one off problem. Thanks for taking a look. Its Del Mar anyway, just bet Prat and Rispoli and you'll do okay