Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Hat Check - How Can We Help You?
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Hat Check - How Can We Help You? Jim 'The Hat' Bradshaw - Learn The Matchup

Old 01-26-2009, 11:06 PM   #1
ssag0
AlwNW3X

projecting pace

There are two ways to project pace.

1. First, decide the horse that is likely to take the lead. In picking the horse that is going to take the lead, find a horse that has truly been in the lead at the first call. In the event none of the horses definitely had the lead, use a time where a horse tried for the lead or was up close. Next, find a horse that was in the lead at the second call. Use the same procedure explained in finding the first call. Next, find a final time that matches the first two calls, and you have the projected pace of today's race. Never add beaten lengths to any of the fractional calls. Horses that do not match today's pace are will have difficulty winning.

are we using horses that had the lead at the track we are handicapping or any track? if its any track then dont there have to be adjustments?
Old 01-27-2009, 03:47 PM   #2
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssag0 View Post
There are two ways to project pace.

1. First, decide the horse that is likely to take the lead. In picking the horse that is going to take the lead, find a horse that has truly been in the lead at the first call. In the event none of the horses definitely had the lead, use a time where a horse tried for the lead or was up close. Next, find a horse that was in the lead at the second call. Use the same procedure explained in finding the first call. Next, find a final time that matches the first two calls, and you have the projected pace of today's race. Never add beaten lengths to any of the fractional calls. Horses that do not match today's pace are will have difficulty winning.

are we using horses that had the lead at the track we are handicapping or any track? if its any track then dont there have to be adjustments?
"SS"
I will give you EXACTLY what the Hat did with me. Hopefully that will help you "decide" on the adjustment issue that DOES NEED to be dealt with when matching horses using raw data.

After Jim decided I was serious about learning the matchup from him he sent me in an email this link to ATM t-t equalization chart:
http://americanturf.com/equalization/index.cfm

THIS is the t-t stuff he wanted me to use IF I chose to use one at all ok?
I am giving you 100% Jim Bradshaw as he gave to me when starting out "SS".

The "other way" is to mentally adjust after being exposed to thousands of races looked at raw in the pps. That was the Hat way.

For clarity he DID give me TWO ways to go at it.

Hope this helps
Old 01-28-2009, 12:23 AM   #3
ssag0
AlwNW3X

projecting pace

ok ritchie thanx for the reply