Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 08-11-2020, 03:02 PM   #41
rdiam
Grade 1

Let's be clear about one thing: Bris Prime Power and Profit Line have been around for a long time. It is well documented that there is no +EV left in betting the horses with the best speed ratings. And I am sure Ted has several large betting syndicates who subscribe to RDSS to obtain VDC. In fact, these large syndicates subscribe to all of the software out there, especially ones ike JCapper and HTR which allow the user to maintain a database and run queries to return factors like win %, ROI, and Impact Value. So no need to "worry" that prices will be destroyed by rmath trying to contribute to the knowledge of users of this message board. The concepts have already been tested, refined, and bet. If you are not betting at least $100k per month, you are just a minnow in a pool of sharks. As I have posted before, betting every horse to win in every race over the past year will result in a loss of 25%, well above the track take and breakage. You would have lost almost 50% betting every horse Travers day at SAR. Winning horses are overbet as rebate syndicates dominate the market. They are constantly data mining to stay one step ahead.

So why not let rmath decide what he wants to do for himself? Some achieve great satisfaction sharing knowledge and teaching. Rmath did not ask for any compensation for his efforts other than your support and admiration. I applaud him for his generosity.

Instead, why doesn't someone devise a benchmark to test the method, instead of worrying about it being "divulged" to the public? I would suggest comparing it to the top 4 ML: top 2 are As, next 2 are Bs, and see if the 4-factor method is superior. Learn, understand, test, bet. Those are the 4 factors we should all be using.

Richard
rdiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 03:47 PM   #42
rmath
Grade 1

Thanks

Thank you Rdiamond (Richard).
You are right in that all I am trying to doe is help those who are struggling to find the main winners in most races.
I hope that Doc and Jimmy are proud of me also..
Thank you
Rmath
rmath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 04:10 PM   #43
Mitch44
Grade 1

"So why not let rmath decide what he wants to do for himself?" I agree 100% with that Richard and I think he just did do that. Anybody that wants to take it further its totally up to them.
You got them out of the starting gate Richie and most are more into the race than they have ever been, between starts they need to workout on their own and prepare for the next start.

Mitch44

Last edited by Mitch44; 08-11-2020 at 04:15 PM.
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 04:26 PM   #44
Ted Craven
Grade 1

So you all realize Rich wants me to continue doing what I was doing before: documenting the rules, illustrating with some races, asking some questions. Right? He won't be posting Selections (unless he feels like it). I might post some races as I have been doing as an exercise in understanding the method - then documenting it. No betting advice, no A-B-C tiering. If I make bet selections, they will be my own; I don't typically use Rich's strict 4-factor method - I'm just trying to document it for others (and myself) to learn by.

Rich will respond to people's questions on his method. Are we all good?

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 05:44 PM   #45
Ted Craven
Grade 1

I'm surprised the 'syndicates' let these prices slip past them (i.e. without beating them down further ...). 6 horse field. Everybody has PL and BPP figs.

Name:  PRX0811.8.png
Views: 1807
Size:  167.4 KB

Result: 5-2-1

#1 BL, VDC, Rx3

4-Factor (4F) ranks: 5-2-4-6-1

Maybe they're not paying enough attention to RDSS ...

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 08-11-2020, 05:52 PM   #46
The Pook
Grade 1

Syndicates...Schmyndicates...
Keep calm and match/bet on.

Pook
The Pook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 02:34 PM   #47
Ted Craven
Grade 1

I have updated the documentation notes of Rmath's 4 Factor method in Post 3 at the top of this thread. More to come.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 08-15-2020, 08:49 AM   #48
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmath View Post
The 4 Factors were right on again today at GP (8/14).
4 p-3s
! p-4
1 P-5 and the pic 6 all were in main contenders.
Rmath

Congratulations Dick!

Could you confirm my understanding of the 4 Factor numbers for GP Race 4 Aug 14 yesterday (1st leg of Pick 6, I think)

I get 1-4-5-6-2 Winner #2 (at 5-1) has 3 factors thus rates behind those with 4 factors. Did I get that order right?

Name:  GP0814.4.png
Views: 1631
Size:  37.9 KB

Thanks!

Ted

R
DSS -

Last edited by Ted Craven; 08-15-2020 at 05:48 PM.
Old 08-15-2020, 07:28 PM   #49
Mrbill
Grade 1

I have been keeping a track model for Saratoga since the start of the meet. I have been doing fairly well so far. Today was the first day I was able to really try combining the 4 factor method with my model. I used my track model stats to help pare down the contenders. Here are the results:

Mrbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 08:10 PM   #50
Lt1
Grade 1

Wow great job Bill.
Tim