Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion > Speculator
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Speculator Speculator - FAQs, Technical Support, Examples, etc

Old 03-14-2006, 08:19 AM   #31
RichieP
Grade 1

Smile Intent

In reading my last post just now I hope it doesnt come across as anything vicious man.

Here was my INTENT when writing it. This is the way I use the software. I have only been using it since last Tuesday when I had the nightmare race at Tampa with Val when I didnt bet. I had to give Val it's last rights once and for all. ok.

I spent 18 hours over 2 days ALONE with Spec and 2 race cards. I worked races in various ways looking for BOTH a comfort level and a profitable method. I found the above laid out plan outperformed anything I had tried by quite a bit to be honest.

Is it the best way? Hell NO
Can I improve it with some more experience with the software? YES

What I MEANT was that until I find something SIGNIFICANTLY better I am not going to post any more step by step threads cause THIS thread is EXACTLY what I am doing and WILL be doing until I find better. Then you can bet that I will post it up for you to scrutinize and apply for yourselves to see if it has merit at the track(s) YOU are wagering at.

I got 4 personal emails this morning regarding this thread. What you guys wrote has made my day. I mean that totally man!

Being a long time "loner" it really affected me deeply. That's the God's honest truth.

let's go racing!
Richie
RichieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 06:36 AM   #32
bobbyb
NewBegining

My Maiden Post

A BIG Thank You Richie for providing a "newbie" insight into the inner workings of Spec.
Difficult without a manual, for some, for sure, but your race breakdown was a blessing for me. I am very happy to be a part of a group who care's about it's members, and their willingness to share.

bobbyb
bobbyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 07:08 AM   #33
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyb
A BIG Thank You Richie for providing a "newbie" insight into the inner workings of Spec.
Difficult without a manual, for some, for sure, but your race breakdown was a blessing for me. I am very happy to be a part of a group who care's about it's members, and their willingness to share.

bobbyb
Welcome Bobby!
Listen mill around the site here. Take it all in. Check the e/l relativity thread in the handicapping section. Look at other stuff here. Pre analysis screen on Spec.

Then you can get a real good feel for things that both feel comfortable for YOU and also show some signs of being able to make you PROFIT at the tracks YOU wager at ok? One size really does NOT fit all man.

Consider getting a screen capture thing like the screenhunter software I posted about in the Pace & Cap area. This way you can shoot a picture up of what you are looking at and get virtually INSTANT feedback ok?

Once again welcome Bobby

Richie
Old 04-03-2006, 09:35 PM   #34
ghostwriter
AlwNW1X

Ritchie:

recently joined the speculator group through
Ted C. been real helpful...question...your e/l model,how far back to you go to determine e/l style: 3 races, 6 etc
ghostwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 11:02 AM   #35
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostwriter
Ritchie:

recently joined the speculator group through
Ted C. been real helpful...question...your e/l model,how far back to you go to determine e/l style: 3 races, 6 etc
Hey Ghost,
First welcome!

Good question.

My honest reply would be that right now it's kind of a "feel" thing. I have got burned a couple of times in the past week getting a bit to cute with myself and eliminating horses that really are only fractions apart from a "usual" style if u will. One of these the horse paid over 40 dollars and I was not a happy camper. So I am just milling over the pp's of the horse in front of me and making a decision based on instinct if that makes any sense.

Have you had a chance to work the software a bit? anything that YOU are seeing that might bring some clarity to this? I have only been using the software a bit over 5 weeks now I guess so I am definitely learning **** too.

Lemme know if you see something please ok?

Once again welcome Ghost

Richie
Old 04-07-2006, 08:11 PM   #36
ghostwriter
AlwNW1X

E/l model

Ritchie:

thanks for the reply. your contender selection bases on running styles makes all sorts of sense to me. Not productive to include early horse when late is winning, except if you want to play exacta. One item that guy explained to me and he had spent a lot of time working on, and that is earnings per horse per start. Interesting point....85% of all winners rank within the top 5 of earnings. My problem is I don't know if he meant past,current or at the distance. I tried it at Mnr for a while....worked well but one does miss some good prices with the other 15 percent. Also one does get good prices with the otherwise unreachable using best speed rating. I have been using the software in earnest the last 6 weeks....both of us can more than likely learn from each other.

I like your meticulous approach.

thanks, ghost
ghostwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 08:22 PM   #37
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostwriter
Ritchie:

One item that guy explained to me and he had spent a lot of time working on, and that is earnings per horse per start. Interesting point....85% of all winners rank within the top 5 of earnings.

both of us can more than likely learn from each other.

I like your meticulous approach.

thanks, ghost
Hey Ghost

first off FORGET the 85% earnings thing. it's BS regardless of whatever form u use over an EXTENDED period of races ok? ask me how I know?

I am all for learning so lemme know what u see ok?

Stay cool
Richie
Old 04-07-2006, 08:35 PM   #38
RichieP
Grade 1

Ghost

in NO way was my last post meant to be disrespectful to anyone ok? It is simply NOT true no matter WHICH earnings box u look at. PERIOD.

yes maybe for a short period of time at a specific class level it might click around 80 BUT well

like everything else it's up to us to find the truths and myths in everything

Remember Doc's writing in the followup that the top 5 total energy horses produced 96% winners top 5?? Yea ok?

Maybe with ALL 6 horse fields.

then again there is a bridge over in Brooklyn here that is for sale
Old 04-09-2006, 01:24 PM   #39
tompkins
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieP
Remember Doc's writing in the followup that the top 5 total energy horses produced 96% winners top 5
I doubt that would hold up to critical evaluation today, PARTICULARLY in sprints