Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion > Speculator
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Speculator Speculator - FAQs, Technical Support, Examples, etc

Old 04-23-2006, 09:36 AM   #1
RichieP
Grade 1

Evaluating Shippers/ Pace call

Just wanted to throw this out there. This is the 4th time in a week and a half I have seen this happen with a shipper coming into Evd. NONE have won - ALL have been bet.

The # 11 comes in from Sam Houston. Went off 5/2 last night. Off the board. Ok his last race is from 6.5f distance. The 4th back I used was at the same 6f distance of todays race.

Ok if you notice the ENTIRE field loses ground on the 11 from the 1c to the 2c. EVERYONE.

I know my mind looks at **** crazy sometimes but I am telling you this is the 4th time a horse shipping in here has looked EXACTLY like this and has done nothing while eating up betting dollars.

Illusions of grandeur shattered once today's reality set in and the gate opened.

False Hope?

check it out at YOUR track. See if it is a pattern there.

Richie
btw - the winner? # 6 - $32.00
Attached Images

RichieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 11:00 AM   #2
alydar_ David
Grade 1

Richie,

I can't answer your question. But I can tell you this much. I made a substantial wager on the #11 to win. As far as I was concerned he should have wired that field easily. I didn't bet a second horse in that race. It looked like a "gimme."

That card was not kind to me. I had a win bet on #3 in the second which paid $3.20 (I advance bet the card) and had #1 to win and place in the ninth, which ran second and paid $10 to place.

That's it. I passed the fifth race and lost all the others.

Since this is one of my favorite tracks to say I was disappointed would be an understatement.

I'm not sure what happened last night. The Gods Must Be Crazy or something.
alydar_ David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 12:37 PM   #3
noddub62
Budman

Cajun VooDoo

Hey Guys,

The South Louisana VooDoo MoJo got you guys. Best you check the moon and see if it was full!! Sometimes there are strange things that happen in that part of the racing world, but its better than it used to be.

I paper bet last Thursday and could not get a winner in my contenders in half of my races. I always can get 80-85 % consistently. The ones I missed paid big $$ also so ---pay your money and take your chances there and always check the moon!.

Bud
noddub62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 04:48 PM   #4
admin
Administrator

Nice Find Rich
I will check out the race

BTW
Quote:
The South Louisana VooDoo MoJo got you guys. Best you check the moon and see if it was full!! Sometimes there are strange things that happen in that part of the racing world, but its better than it used to be.
You can do that on The pace and Cap home page
http://www.bindfold.com/cmps_index.php
Attached Images

Last edited by admin; 04-23-2006 at 04:51 PM.
admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 01:32 AM   #5
tompkins
Grade 1

Ever been there? I used to live in Houston when there was NO racing in Texas and we went there on occasion.
FIRST night I was there, bet a LONE SPEEDSTER who broke on top, hugged the rail and widened down the lane
by itself. As I was about to cash, the objection sign went up, and from this trip KNEW it must have been
the place or show horse. Was I surprised when they took my number down, PARTICULARLY when I watched the
head on (the ONLY time any other horses were close to the REAL winner) and NOTHING HAPPENED. The announcer
said my mount crowded the three and he IF he did it was ON THE WAY TO THE GATE, NOT AFTER THEY BROKE!
I did not bet the rest of the night, but got to meet Eddie Arcaro up in the clubhouse.

I was a member of a club called the Sport of Kings Society and was picking up as many tickets as I could
carry out of ther to have trading material. We traded totes from around the world amongst our members.
Some drunk came by our table which contained a literal MOUND of tickets and gave us his condolences
(little did he know that we had not wagerd all of that!). As I was looking around for prized tickets
($50.00 ones), I came across a ten dollar bill which compensated me for the bet from which I was robbed.

On the other hand (SAMPLE ERROR), there are MANY Tracks that transfer too fast. When I followed
Oaklawn, ALL Louisianna Downs lines were transfering too fast. There are some that probably transfer
too slow (I am thinking Colonial in Virginina), but I KNOW that Woodbine, Canterbury, Emerald, Gulfstream
to New York, Meadowlands, Fort Erie to Woodbine, Philly to New York, Arlington to Hawthrone all transfer
too quickly. I have gotten burned so often that I have a procedure (NOT FOOLPROOF MIND YOU) to compensate
for a known "too fast transfer" line. Go back in the pp's and find a line IN FORM, with same projected
style as is normal for the horse. TRY to find one from today's race track (or another one you KNOW not
to be too fast) and use it as a comparative to the line you think is too fast. Another problem you
often see is when there is a prolonged period of VERY HIGH track variants (usually from bad weather).
I know I recnetly warned a friend in Toronto NOT to use any WOODBINE lines from mid November through
the last day of the 2005 meeting as the variants are all up in the high twenties and thirties, so
make sure to give yourself a quick check on that screen as well (think it is F2). Try and find some
COMMONALITY in order to get a handle on what this horse has been capable of performing on a surface
CLOSE to or the same as today's.