Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 06-23-2016, 10:45 AM   #1
mick
Abiding Student

Barb's Learning Experience with RichieP

http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5881

I am new to RDSS and the Sartin Methodology, but I'm doing the things that Ted and others have recommended. For example, the "Follow Ups" are my bedtime reading these days. I have also read a lot of posts on this forum and I'm keeping the 20-race-cycle Wagering Decision Forms that Doc Sartin so highly recommended.

Quite by accident, I came across this thread by Barb Craven. It's an old one and not easy to find, but it's excellent for a newbie like me. I guess I'm posting it because I don't want it to get lost and I commend it to all my fellow newbies.

Last edited by Ted Craven; 06-23-2016 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Link corrected.
mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 12:32 PM   #2
DanBoals
Grade 1

Hey there,

The link won't work, you have one too many http:// in it.

BTW, is there a way to export the data directly from RDSS2 into a Wagering Decision Form?

Thanks,

Dan
DanBoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 05:40 PM   #3
mick
Abiding Student

Sorry about that.

Let's try:
http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5881
Old 06-24-2016, 07:22 PM   #4
RichieP
Grade 1

Hi Mick
Barb and I are on the phone right now talking about this thread, wow from 7 years ago!!

You know there is a LOT of good stuff here and we are talking about getting together for a couple of "sessions" working races the way that is described above! *** Lol my wife Karen just put Barb and I together for a "session" next Sunday July 3rd!! OMG the gals are tough!!!!

The main difference is that Barb NOW is like 10 levels higher in her capping and most importantly WAGERING skills!

I think the "teacher" is about to learn from the "student" !

Hey if its cool maybe we will put up the races, thoughts, etc we work next week using the exact process laid out in the thread!

All the best Mick
Richie
Old 06-24-2016, 07:37 PM   #5
sureshotlink
Grade 1

Joy

Really enjoyed reading this thread!

Very educational

Thank you Barb and Richie for collaborating to make for a very interesting read.

Best,

Paul Link
Los Angeles, CA

" No one knows enough to be a pessimist"
sureshotlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 09:38 PM   #6
mick
Abiding Student

Eight straight!

Richie,

It's gracious and generous of you and Barb to share your knowledge, especially with beginners like me. After I read and re-read her original post, trying to absorb everything I could, I downloaded her WDFs, made a couple of changes, and have been using the modified version fastidiously.

And now, over a two-day span, yesterday and today, I hit eight straight races! That has never happened with me before and you and Barb had much to do with it.

RDSS is an amazing tool but it requires some operator know how. I have very little of it and I truly appreciate you and Barb sharing yours.

With gratitude,
Mick
Old 06-24-2016, 10:51 PM   #7
barb craven
Grade 1

Congratulations

Congratulations Mick on a great run this past two days.

As Rich said, we were going over this thread earlier this evening. I think I have to go back and re-read this a few times. Some of it has fallen by the wayside like the WDF and looking at certain readouts for sprints and others for routes and I'm still guilty of doing more races at one time than I should. I think some homework is in order. Working with RDSS is all I've ever known and everything I do is done using it. Maybe differently now than back then, but the program itself has evolved too. The basics are still the same though.

I like the thought of doing races with Rich again, we haven't done this in quite some time. He can post though, I can't do two things at once. Oh, and don't let him fool you, I'll never be even one quarter the 'capper he is and I'm not a matcher, never was, he wouldn't let me.

Keep up the good work.

Barb
barb craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 05:16 AM   #8
mick
Abiding Student

Barb,

I look forward to reading about your evolution as a 'wagercapper,' to use Doc Sartin's term. By providing me with a starting place and some basic first steps that Richie had helped you with, you gave me a more clear path forward. And while you may no longer use WDFs, I benefited from going through the three you attached to that original post. They were instructive and worthy of emulation. From the Follow Ups, I believe Doc Sartin said that a principal purpose was to show you from what tiers your more profitable winners came. That's certainly true, but they've made me a more disciplined bettor and I needed that.

If the planets line up, hopefully I'll see you at Woodbine.

Warm regards,
Mick
Old 06-25-2016, 05:35 AM   #9
barb craven
Grade 1

I look forward to that Mick.
barb craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 02:58 PM   #10
Mark
Grade 1

The last piece..

Richie,

That Turf race you posted about a month or so ago and a post from way back was the last piece. Now I see it and can do it. RDSS2 is an excellent platform to implement "The Hat's" Match Up. But it has taken me over 3 years to figure out how you arrive at your final selection which consistently pays double digit mutuels. It is not like you did not comment and post many times on the particular aspects, it was just very hard for me to put the steps in the right order and find the correct RDSS2 configuration. Anyway, I can't thank you enough for all your time and effort. You have helped so many people, me being one of them. I still am in awe of Jim Bradshaw. His method is just mindboggling. To think that he did it all with a pencil and the racing form is unworldy and goes to show that we are not all created equal. He was a very brilliant man and you, his last student are his legacy.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote