Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS > RDSS2 / FAQ's
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS2 / FAQ's Information, discussion, screenshots, videos about the upcoming version, FAQ's

Old 05-15-2011, 09:22 AM   #1
redtick79
Maiden

Improving form indicators in RDSS

Is there a way to judge improving or declining form using the current corollaries in RDSS? I use a "sheet" product that I have to buy in addition, which is useful in judging improving form and wondered if any
of the internal pace times would show the same thing? I love RDSS and anxiously awaiting 2.0. Thanks!
redtick79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 11:47 AM   #2
SilentRun
Grade 1 Aspiree

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtick79 View Post
Is there a way to judge improving or declining form using the current corollaries in RDSS? I use a "sheet" product that I have to buy in addition, which is useful in judging improving form and wondered if any
of the internal pace times would show the same thing? I love RDSS and anxiously awaiting 2.0. Thanks!
I recommend checking the Total Energy numbers for the last 3 races.
For example if the last 3 TE numbers are declining this indicates to me that
the horse, by losing energy, is going off form. You may also wish to check the E/Ep numbers which
indicates how long is the horse taking to get to the 2nd call.

Ernie
SilentRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 12:09 PM   #3
alydar_ David
Grade 1

Assuming all of the horse's last three races were run recently on similar distances and surfaces:

Declining Total Energy AND increasing Median Energy % is a powerful negative indicator.
alydar_ David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 07:14 PM   #4
benzer
AlwNW3X

binder improver

Like everything in racing you need to verify the effectiveness at the track you're wagering, I'm having some good luck with the binder improver. Horses rated 4 or 5 for bl/bl and rated 1 or 2 vdc. The screenshots below show an example from CD yesterday.

The only reason I was on this horse is because the binder improver told me to take another look at him. Notice the winner is rated 5th on the bl/bl and rated 2nd on vdc, also the morning line maker had it at 3-1 and the horse had some other good rankings. I'm a 2 horse better and this one screamed bet me! bet me!

The results

benzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:21 PM   #5
benzer
AlwNW3X

Since we are not using the RDSS 2.0 version Ted might want to move this thread somewhere else. If my screenshot examples were to big, I'm sorry I had to bring the images in from offsite.

Improving or declining form is a good question and can be confusing when horses are changing distance, off layoff, surface, new track ect. Then again reading into that is part of the excitement of horse racing.
benzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 07:40 PM   #6
mikesal57
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by alydar_David View Post
Assuming all of the horse's last three races were run recently on similar distances and surfaces:

Declining Total Energy AND increasing Median Energy % is a powerful negative indicator.
HI AD....

suppose your horse ran 2nd three races back in a 5000 claimer

2 back last race he was in 7500 and showed speed to the stretch and folded

last race he lead at first call and lost by 30 lts vs 10000 claimers

does he fill your bill as a declining horse?

like benzer said " reading " and understanding is horseracing

mike
Old 05-17-2011, 06:09 AM   #7
alydar_ David
Grade 1

Hi Mike,

I threw that out there as a general rule of thumb. In general it works.

Of course using your head and handicapping will improve your results. You obviously know how to handicap.

In your specific example the last race may have been a "workout within a race," but that's a little advanced and not quite relevant to the thread.

Also, you didn't mention that class level of the competition he's facing today. That would be another factor to consider. And knowing what the trainer has done historically in that situation couldn't hurt either, as I'm sure you're well aware.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:42 AM   #8
mikesal57
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by alydar_David View Post
Hi Mike,

I threw that out there as a general rule of thumb. In general it works.

Of course using your head and handicapping will improve your results. You obviously know how to handicap.

In your specific example the last race may have been a "workout within a race," but that's a little advanced and not quite relevant to the thread.

Also, you didn't mention that class level of the competition he's facing today. That would be another factor to consider. And knowing what the trainer has done historically in that situation couldn't hurt either, as I'm sure you're well aware.
opps ...I think you figure that out yourself ..5000...lol
This is why its a GREAT game

mike
Old 05-17-2011, 02:57 PM   #9
alydar_ David
Grade 1

Yeah Mike, I assumed you meant 5K.

However, we all know what a s s u m e stands for. LOL
Old 05-18-2011, 10:19 PM   #10
redtick79
Maiden

I think I will look at ascending or descending total energy first to see what the correlation is. Thanks for your replies.
redtick79 is offline   Reply With Quote