Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) > Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum General Handicapping Discussion

Old 11-21-2011, 07:40 AM   #1
partsnut
BetMix User

An Interesting Twist - Using RDSS With MPH (Manual Input)

I made my pace line selections with RDSS and manually used the RDSS ADJ SR and equalization numbers numbers with MPH equalizing all lines to the 6F distance. The results were very impressive as well as the accuracy of the pace projection.
The accuracy of the RDSS formulation and numbers were outstanding,
Here are my pace lines and how it all shaped up.
Attached Images

partsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 08:08 AM   #2
partsnut
BetMix User

MPH Pace Projection Numbers

Attached Images

Old 11-21-2011, 08:56 AM   #3
SilentRun
Grade 1 Aspiree

Quote:
Originally Posted by partsnut View Post

I made my pace line selections with RDSS and manually used the RDSS ADJ SR and equalization numbers numbers with MPH equalizing all lines to the 6F distance. The results were very impressive as well as the accuracy of the pace projection.
The accuracy of the RDSS formulation and numbers were outstanding,
Here are my pace lines and how it all shaped up.
That is interesting......But I am not clear how you did this. If you don't mind can you please elaborate further.

Does MPH refer to: "Modern Pace Handicapping" by T. Brohamer ?
Can you go over the manual equalization process...I have been using computers so long I came to depend on them for all the calculations.

Thanks,

Ernie
SilentRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:08 AM   #4
partsnut
BetMix User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentRun View Post
That is interesting......But I am not clear how you did this. If you don't mind can you please elaborate further.

Does MPH refer to: "Modern Pace Handicapping" by T. Brohamer ?
Can you go over the manual equalization process...I have been using computers so long I came to depend on them for all the calculations.

Thanks,

Ernie
=====================================================
Ernie,

Being a new user of RDSS I have noticed that Ted Cravens accurate formulations and programming using the Trackmaster files has features that lends itself to some of the older software. It allows me to split contenders and project how the race will run and who the probable winner of a specific race might be.
MPH is one that I am addressing today and for those that are not familiar with it, may not know that this software, written for Tom Brohamer by Ken Massa was the prerequisite to HTR.
Here is a manual input routine that I worked up.
I have set the software up to accept a Beyer type variant and I use RDSS's adjusted SR for this.
Here is the manual input routine:
Attached Images

Old 11-21-2011, 10:26 AM   #5
SilentRun
Grade 1 Aspiree

Ok thanks..that's specialized software that I have no knowledge of.
You came up with an innovative idea and if you can maintain positive results kudos to you.

Ernie
SilentRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 06:22 PM   #6
Mrbill
Grade 1

Question

I was curious...how did you figure that the pace was slow 2?

Mr Bill
Mrbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 06:26 PM   #7
Mrbill
Grade 1

Ok ...I was looking at another post and saw the calculations you made. Where or how did you determine the multiplier value?

Mr. Bill
Mrbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 08:38 PM   #8
partsnut
BetMix User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbill View Post
Ok ...I was looking at another post and saw the calculations you made. Where or how did you determine the multiplier value?

Mr. Bill
------------------------------------------------------------------
I have the PaceAppraiser Multipliers for both Dirt and Turf.
They are for sale on the PaceAppraiser page.
www.paceappraiser.com
Old 11-21-2011, 08:49 PM   #9
BJennet
Grade 1

Redboarding a race you lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by partsnut View Post
Hi Bill,

I'm kind of surprised you're using this as example of the value of the pace profiling feature of Syn 4, since you lost this race, as posted yesterday in the RDSS section. In fact, you threw out the winner, #4, as even a contender. Maybe proof that software is not the solution to every handicapping problem.

In your re-posting of this race, you simply went back, added the winner, and presto, pace-profiling worked. Originally the race was labeled as 'Fast 1', dictating that the later horses should be the choices, therefore, your picks were the 2 & 3 - not coincidentally, the top 2 on the BL/BL. Today, you go back, add the winner, and the race becomes Slow 2 - making the choices the top EP horses - 4 & 5. Why not also the 1, which was in a virtual 3-way tie in EP with the 4 & 5?

You probably think I'm trying to bust chops. But I would ask anyone looking at the race to think about what it really was. In fact, this was a very contentious race for very bad horses - read the conditions. The top four finishers were separated by roughly one length. On any given day any one of these chronic losers could have won. Very typical of many races on this level. The idea that the pace profile was the primary factor in a race of this kind, especially given the way that the evidence was presented, is very unpersuasive.

Cheers,

B Jennet
BJennet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 05:53 AM   #10
partsnut
BetMix User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJennet View Post
Hi Bill,

I'm kind of surprised you're using this as example of the value of the pace profiling feature of Syn 4, since you lost this race, as posted yesterday in the RDSS section. In fact, you threw out the winner, #4, as even a contender. Maybe proof that software is not the solution to every handicapping problem.

In your re-posting of this race, you simply went back, added the winner, and presto, pace-profiling worked. Originally the race was labeled as 'Fast 1', dictating that the later horses should be the choices, therefore, your picks were the 2 & 3 - not coincidentally, the top 2 on the BL/BL. Today, you go back, add the winner, and the race becomes Slow 2 - making the choices the top EP horses - 4 & 5. Why not also the 1, which was in a virtual 3-way tie in EP with the 4 & 5?

You probably think I'm trying to bust chops. But I would ask anyone looking at the race to think about what it really was. In fact, this was a very contentious race for very bad horses - read the conditions. The top four finishers were separated by roughly one length. On any given day any one of these chronic losers could have won. Very typical of many races on this level. The idea that the pace profile was the primary factor in a race of this kind, especially given the way that the evidence was presented, is very unpersuasive.

Cheers,

B Jennet
---------------------------------------------------------------------
It is not uncommon for me to go back and rework a race.
I try to learn from my mistakes. Those that know me will bare this out.
The purpose of the post was to see what software would best work with RDSS. I like to experiment, test and look for solutions.
I'm a rocket scientist of sorts.

Quote:
Maybe proof that software is not the solution to every handicapping problem.
Possibly and most likely you are correct regarding this point.
However, horse racing is far from a perfect pastime and admittedly
neither am I. It's in my nature to try and achieve perfection. I probably never will but I enjoy the challenge of the game and will keep on trying.
I'm beta testing RDSS and sharing my observations with all that are interested.

Quote:
You probably think I'm trying to bust chops

Not at all.
I was raised and bred off the streets of Brookyn, NY. Even
if you were trying to bust chops, I'm used to it and can handle it.
I have a big back.

Last edited by partsnut; 11-22-2011 at 05:57 AM.