Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > PaceAdvantage.com 2014 Contest Series - Sponsored by RDSS! > PaceAdvantage.com 2013 Contest Series > 2012
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

2012 A series of 8 Contests leading to 'Handicapper of the Year' - RDSS is the series sponsor with over $8000 Cash and Data prizes

Old 11-26-2011, 04:38 PM   #21
Ted Craven
Grade 1

I think perhaps partsnut was referring to an earlier PA Contest he won, and not the inaugural PAIHL Team contest from early 2011, which I would have noticed and been all over with congratulations.

(And parts, congratulations on that earlier contest win!)

Here: http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=68020

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 11-26-2011 at 04:44 PM. Reason: correct dates, added link
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 04:46 PM   #22
cdax
Grade 1

My apologies, I should have noticed he did say 2010.

Sorry Parts.

So far, 4th place was best I did.
cdax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 05:00 PM   #23
partsnut
BetMix User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdax View Post
My apologies, I should have noticed he did say 2010.

Sorry Parts.

So far, 4th place was best I did.
-----------------------------------------------------
No problem.
4th place is very respectable.
Next time you'll win.
partsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:18 PM   #24
Jay Trotter
AlwNW2X

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by partsnut View Post
Ted Craven:

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Ted, I think you know that I have been an active contest player and competitor. I would love to represent an RDSS team but I'm really not up to it.
I won the P.A.I H.L in 2010
However, my life drastically changed during last years contest and I was almost not there to finish it.
I promised myself that I would lighten up and reduce any stress I might incur.
There's no one that likes contest play and team competition better then me but I'm not the same person I was a year ago. I don't feel I have the endurance and/or mindset for a 4 month stint. There's just too much going on in my life and I have to concentrate on my priorities.
partsnut,

First off, sorry to hear about your health issues. Never good to hear!

Second, the Kentucky Oaks - Kentucky Derby was two seasons ago, so I can confirm no shinanigans regarding the P.A.I.H.L. last year.

Finally, if you enjoy Contests like I do but don't want or need the stress like me, you are in good company. I personally don't enjoy the burden of over extending myself to the point where handicapping becomes a job. I always keep this in mind when designing the various contests.

In my case, especially because I'm so busy organizing, scoring and managing contests like the P.A.I.H.L. I rely on my teammates to lesson the load. The league only runs Saturdays and only has 8 races. Some teams colaborate on every race. My team divides the races up, so that one guy does the first 3 races, another the 2nd set of 3 races, and I close with only 2 races. I do the 2 races by choice to lesson my load. This worked out great for us. When one of us is away for a weekend the others cover.

Based on what I've seen at Pace and Cap I would suggest that you have a very strong community with a high level of respect. I don't think you would be in too tough to find teammates that would work well in meeting your particular needs.

I would urge you to participate to the best of your ability and rely on your teammates.

All the best,

Jay Trotter
Jay Trotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:25 AM   #25
partsnut
BetMix User

Jay Trotter:

Quote:
First off, sorry to hear about your health issues. Never good to hear
Quote:
Finally, if you enjoy Contests like I do but don't want or need the stress like me, you are in good company. I personally don't enjoy the burden of over extending myself to the point where handicapping becomes a job. I always keep this in mind when designing the various contests.
Quote:
Based on what I've seen at Pace and Cap I would suggest that you have a very strong community with a high level of respect. I don't think you would be in too tough to find teammates that would work well in meeting your particular needs.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Jay,

Thank you for your concern on my behalf.
It is very much appreciated.

I would never deny the fact that you and PaceAdvantage have done an outstanding job in providing some great entertainment to it's members and horse racing fans across the internet.

You have always been a creative, hard working fair person and I personally have always appreciated and respected you for that.

This has been a very tough year for me. I've had an assortment of issues
that has turned my life upside down. The main issue was a life threatening health issue. Thank G_D I'm feeling better now and have to try and get my life back in order. This is my first priority.

PaceandCap' has some very astute handicappers that I would take pride
in participating with in this years team competition but I don't feel that at this point, I'm physically or mentally up for the challenge. As well, I would never want to be a burden to any team. I've always carried my own weight.

I may enter some of the individual events if possible and time permits.

I wish you success in all your endeavors.
partsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:05 AM   #26
Jay Trotter
AlwNW2X

Family and health first. I wish you all the best.

Trotter
Jay Trotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 12:54 PM   #27
pktruckdriver
Grade 1

Best of health, my friend, maybe next time, guess I can list as a Free Agent on PA, board but felt better being here on this board and not being a mixed team as last year.

I guess 5 weeks till I need something done so maybe it will be plenty of time to find a few team members, .

Patrick
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 01:47 PM   #28
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pktruckdriver View Post
Best of health, my friend, maybe next time, guess I can list as a Free Agent on PA, board but felt better being here on this board and not being a mixed team as last year.

I guess 5 weeks till I need something done so maybe it will be plenty of time to find a few team members, .

Patrick
Patrick, don't forget chrisl (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showpos...6&postcount=17). You're 2/3rd of the way to a team.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:59 PM   #29
pktruckdriver
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
Patrick, don't forget chrisl (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showpos...6&postcount=17). You're 2/3rd of the way to a team.

Ted
Well Chrisl, I guess I would be honored to have a fellow Alaskan as a team member, I called Ketchikan the city of Stairs, as everything went up from the water line.

If interested, just answer this thread, I do okay when I put my mind to it, in case you were wanting to actually win this thing, well I think I could hold my own, and then if you only wanted to participate and have fun, then well I could do that too, either way, it is that I just would like to do this with fellow Sartinite's, but soon I will go Free agent on the PA board, and see what happens.

Best Patrick
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:44 PM   #30
buffaloxp
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pktruckdriver View Post
Well Chrisl, I guess I would be honored to have a fellow Alaskan as a team member, I called Ketchikan the city of Stairs, as everything went up from the water line.

If interested, just answer this thread, I do okay when I put my mind to it, in case you were wanting to actually win this thing, well I think I could hold my own, and then if you only wanted to participate and have fun, then well I could do that too, either way, it is that I just would like to do this with fellow Sartinite's, but soon I will go Free agent on the PA board, and see what happens.

Best Patrick
Patrick
i am new in RDSS , and ted sand me a e-mail , if you ok with it , i will join with you for a team
thankyou
raymond
buffaloxp is offline   Reply With Quote