Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 06-15-2012, 05:17 PM   #1
trotman
Grade 1

Arlington Park Handicappers Graveyard

Anyone who spends anytime handicapping Arlington Park I would guess you are on the short end of the stick. The place is truly a trainers shell game. At the end of the season the same 15 trainers will have 85% of all the money and the top 15 jockeys will be all comparable in wins. Yes the little guy will get the odd win but that's expected. A good handicapper brought to my attention the break and grab hold that the jockey's do from the gate. He said in sprints in routes they all do it and you will never see riders ride so high. So I have spent time watching and it is pretty apparent that this is not normal. I never liked Arlington so this is not sour grapes but for me it was a real eye opener race after race I watched. Take a look before you invest.
Old 06-16-2012, 10:04 AM   #2
alydar_ David
Grade 1

Interesting observation.

A friend has had many of his horses run up there over the years. I copy & pasted and sent him your post, trotman.

I'm curious to see what he says.

I'll post his response.
alydar_ David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 10:31 AM   #3
alydar_ David
Grade 1

My friend wrote back. I guess I should mention he's got about 30 thoroughbreds he races throughout the country. So, he's familiar with quite a few tracks.

Here are his words,

"Chicago is a hard city for an outsider to fit in.......just not AP but also Hawthrone and the old Sportsman Park.One pretty much better use a local trainer.
Some play more games than others................FairGroundsand La. tracks same way.........."
alydar_ David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 02:42 PM   #4
wilbur porter
AlwNW3X

Arlington

I am a novice handicapper but I have always been somewhat suspicious of anything that came out of Chicago...Sports, politics, politicians, etc. I've spent some time handicapping Arlington and it does seem particularly bland, even and difficult to get a hold on...too many early horses and wire to wires for me. Last year I thought that Nakatani could have dominated early on but after a while the quality of his mounts diminished - and his winning percentage decreased and seemed to blend in with the others. Boring races.
Old 06-16-2012, 06:21 PM   #5
trotman
Grade 1

alydar_David the next big black eye for racing will come out of Chicago, and Wilbur if you like to eat Chicago is one of the best unless your a ship in trainer then you and your horse go without. Big Frank runs the show.
Old 06-16-2012, 09:31 PM   #6
wilbur porter
AlwNW3X

I don't know Trotman, I've seen a few trainers in Hollywood and Santa Anita wearing large sunglasses every year to hide those black eyes during some of those big stakes...must be a little camera shy in those barns. The black eyes keep coming but the powers that be don't care as long as they get theirs - I take that back...Chicago does have great museums.
Old 06-17-2012, 08:31 AM   #7
albatross
Grade 1

Wilbur don't know exactly what your saying.But wayne catalano been at or near top for twety over least 15yr.The old detroit race course gerald bennett samething seems pretty much same no matter where you go jocky are at or near top at any track they ride in state regularly pretty much same harness tracks to maybe wrong
albatross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 02:34 PM   #8
wilbur porter
AlwNW3X

Black Eyes

Didn't mean much. Sorry, there are probably many excellent. honest trainers out there. But there are perhaps others who take the shortcuts - C02, etc. Perhaps I am a little too suspicious about the value of money. Maybe it's an issue of control. One owner recently was found to have beibed a trainer to throw a race - but the trainer was honest and turned him in.
Old 06-17-2012, 03:48 PM   #9
trotman
Grade 1

And who is leading the way at Arlington none other than Mid-West with local Roger Brueggemann training. They are winning up to yesterday at 20% and 57.94% overall in North America. William Stiritz a long time Chicago owner, his horses are winning at a 21% clip and 44.11% overall in North America. Big Frank Calabrese is flying under the radar at Arlington right now but his horses are winning at a 45.94% clip in North America and I don't have to mention the tracks you can pretty well figure that out. The fellow that brought all of this to my attention also said you want to see a race beyond belief look at any race that former owner and Twin Spires board member Richard Duchossis has in an Arlington race. it's like he has a black book on everyone. The whole race will be a joke with everyone trying to let his horse win. He said it's a wonder 60 Minutes hasn't picked up on the cheating that goes on there.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:27 PM   #10
pktruckdriver
Grade 1

What about Ness, and the guy who was claiming all those horses a year or so ago, and was real close to the all-time win total?

I will going to AP this weekend, should I just not wager there, or do you suggest a strategy for me to use that might work for me there. Which Trainer and Jock's should I flat bet on, as I use RDSS there and do so so, not a good as I do at NYRA tracks, because I know NY better than Chicago.

Honesty in horse racing is part of the handicapping process, knowing your track and trainers, and jockey's, Jonny V at NYRA , Deshawn and Oswald at Mountaineer, and so on...

But seriously , I plan to attend the gathering at AP this weekend and could use and info you would be willing to share with me, please

Thanks

Patrick
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote