Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 04-17-2021, 02:39 PM   #1
Mr.Pagine
Happy Punting

Assistance Needed

The Oaklawn Handicap looks like this......
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Jon
Attached Images

Mr.Pagine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 06:55 AM   #2
Mitch44
Grade 1

Didn't see this before the race went off Jon. I did play it however lost the race, can't get them all.

Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 07:41 AM   #3
mikek1
AlwNW1X

i have this happen to me the last 2 days when i down loaded shortly after midnight on the day of the card . i have also had races with no pace lines selected
mikek1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 07:50 AM   #4
Mitch44
Grade 1

Mike Ted would have to answer that question.

Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 10:14 AM   #5
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Jon, everyone -

This bug has been reported in the Bugs List several times recently, and answered as many times:

http://paceandcap.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=380

Answer:
http://paceandcap.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=381

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
... this is the same 2 bugs you reported on Feb 6, and thank you for both. As noted above, you would get the blanks in the Entries screen IF you worked tomorrow's races after midnight the evening before when current day odds and scratches apply.

As also noted, the workaround before another update is: if you work tomorrow's races in the wee hours after midnight, or in the wee morning hours (maybe 4am-ish?) - anyway, while the PREVIOUS day's Scratch and tote data is still active on TwinSpires - then UNCHECK the Get Tote Data and Get TS Ratings/Scratches boxes in Config before Assembling tomorrow's races (and restart RDSS as prompted while changing those settings).

Also, re BRIS Prime Power and ProfitLine ratings mismatching - firstly, they will be affected by the above bug. IF you also worked Race 2 at the same time as race 1 (i.e. overnight?) the BPP and PL figs will be from TODAY's races, not tomorrows - a complete mishmash. Don't do that.

Secondly, as noted numerous times, when normally retrieved, RDSS gets those PL and BPP Ratings from the TwinSpires website - NOT from a PDF report you might purchase from Brisnet. RDSS has no access to that report. It does appear that for reasons known internally to TwinSpires and Brisnet, the Prime Power Ratings can vary, though they are usually mostly the same. I can't do anything about that! Usually you'll be fine with the TS ratings RDSS retrieves.

I haven't had any reports that the above blanks on the Entries screen happens except under the circumstances I described above, and can be avoided. Same with related mismatches between different sources of PL/BPP ratings. If your circumstance is different, please elaborate.

Ted
I have found a solution for this for the next update and it needs more testing. Meanwhile, to avoid this problem, the above advice works well.

If you forget and run into it anyway, you'll need to create a new (temporary) database (use the Database Mgmt button on the RDSS Desktop, then Create New) then re-download and re-convert to that new database with your tote and TS Ratings settings UNCHECKED. When done with that race (that card), Switch back to your original database.

I would make an FAQ to cover this Bug, but I don't think people check the FAQs very often either.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 04-18-2021 at 10:18 AM.
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 10:16 AM   #6
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikek1 View Post
i have this happen to me the last 2 days when i down loaded shortly after midnight on the day of the card . i have also had races with no pace lines selected
Mike, see the above answer to Jon re this issue about working races after midnight (uncheck your Tote and TS Ratings settings on the Config Screen then restart RDSS).

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 04-18-2021, 10:25 AM   #7
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Just FWIW, if any folks happen to be waiting for ALL the bugs to be resolved in RDSS before subscribing (or re-subscribing), that will happen shortly after Microsoft and Google and Firefox fix ALL the bugs in their own browsers, spreadsheets and other major apps. Meanwhile, some bugs will get fixed, new ones will be found, and I'll do my best to continue to provide interim workarounds.

Ted

R
DSS -