Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions)
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions) Racing Decision Support System - The NEW Version 2.2

Old 03-08-2021, 05:57 PM   #381
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Kisha, this is the same 2 bugs you reported on Feb 6, and thank you for both. As noted above, you would get the blanks in the Entries screen IF you worked tomorrow's races after midnight the evening before when current day odds and scratches apply.

As also noted, the workaround before another update is: if you work tomorrow's races in the wee hours after midnight, or in the wee morning hours (maybe 4am-ish?) - anyway, while the PREVIOUS day's Scratch and tote data is still active on TwinSpires - then UNCHECK the Get Tote Data and Get TS Ratings/Scratches boxes in Config before Assembling tomorrow's races (and restart RDSS as prompted while changing those settings).

Also, re BRIS Prime Power and ProfitLine ratings mismatching - firstly, they will be affected by the above bug. IF you also worked Race 2 at the same time as race 1 (i.e. overnight?) the BPP and PL figs will be from TODAY's races, not tomorrows - a complete mishmash. Don't do that.

Secondly, as noted numerous times, when normally retrieved, RDSS gets those PL and BPP Ratings from the TwinSpires website - NOT from a PDF report you might purchase from Brisnet. RDSS has no access to that report. It does appear that for reasons known internally to TwinSpires and Brisnet, the Prime Power Ratings can vary, though they are usually mostly the same. I can't do anything about that! Usually you'll be fine with the TS ratings RDSS retrieves.

I haven't had any reports that the above blanks on the Entries screen happens except under the circumstances I described above, and can be avoided. Same with related mismatches between different sources of PL/BPP ratings. If your circumstance is different, please elaborate.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 06:29 PM   #382
Lt1
Grade 1

Hi Ted. As we have discussed the BRIS PRIME POWER rankings that RDSS picks up from TS are correct 99% of the time. The problem RDSS encounters is with the Profit Line rankings it picks up when entries are involved in the top 5 rankings. I know that you are working on the fix for future updates.
Tim
Old 03-08-2021, 11:42 PM   #383
dogkatcher
Grade 1

Ted, I am on the west coast and whenever I d/l a days card the time listed for example the second race of the day (SA) will be 208 minutes to post and the same will appear in the tote data. I have seen it change to 0 for the last race recently, but this is a constant error, thus have to rely on my ADW to know how long before the next race. Can I do something in the settings to reset the times?
Old 03-09-2021, 04:57 AM   #384
Mitch44
Grade 1

Ted for clarification as I'm confused. Are you saying that if I were to download the card when available, perhaps 2 days prior, that what happens to Kisha will happen unless I wait and work the card after midnight the day of the race?

Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 08:56 AM   #385
Lt1
Grade 1

FWIW for the last 4 days I've downloaded the next days' card around 9pm eastern time. I assemble all races and adjust pacelines I deem need changing. I then close the program. When I open the card on race day everything I did the night before is in tack and the BPP and PL ratings appear and are correct[except for previously noted problem with entries].
Tim
Old 03-09-2021, 04:15 PM   #386
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch44 View Post
Ted for clarification as I'm confused. Are you saying that if I were to download the card when available, perhaps 2 days prior, that what happens to Kisha will happen unless I wait and work the card after midnight the day of the race?

Mitch44
No, the opposite. If you download and assemble races before the date of the card (like Tim describes), RDSS does not attempt to retrieve any TS Ratings or Scratches. All is well.

If you assemble races the same day of the races - as you would want it to - RDSS (currently) attempts to fetch Scratches and TS Ratings IF you have those boxes checked on Config. So, if you work the races at 1am in the morning (i.e. after midnight your time), it's the same day of the races, not yesterday anymore, and the problem we are describing kicks in (unless you've told RDSS to NOT fetch Tote info or TS Ratings & Scratches, aka 'the workaround').

I am researching a fix for this (i.e. so RDSS can know whether the online TS Ratings/Scratch/Tote info is for yesterday's races when overnight, or today's races during normal daytime hours).

As Tim mentions, I am working on a way to assign distinct ProfitLine Odds to each member of an Entry. Since RDSS CANNOT get the separate odds values for each Entry member given in the Brisnet PDF report or on the 'classic grid' available only to a few, instead I'll improvise a ProfitLine Odds value based on the Prime Power ratings for the race, and use that computed odds for the worse member of an Entry (i.e. in case the better member gets scratched, we don't continue to use an improper PL Odds value for the worse member).

As for any differences between the Prime Power values shown on the TwinSpires site (which RDSS uses) and those shown on any Brisnet PP reports, there is nothing I can do about that, although they match about 99% of the time, as Tim points out.

Hope that is more clear Mitch!

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 03-09-2021, 04:22 PM   #387
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogkatcher View Post
Ted, I am on the west coast and whenever I d/l a days card the time listed for example the second race of the day (SA) will be 208 minutes to post and the same will appear in the tote data. I have seen it change to 0 for the last race recently, but this is a constant error, thus have to rely on my ADW to know how long before the next race. Can I do something in the settings to reset the times?
John, I understand the problem! The race off times are given in Eastern Standard Time. RDSS needs a setting where you choose your Time Zone, so it can apply that offset from Eastern Time to the currently reported Minutes To Post display. I'll add this as soon as I am able (I have to choose what things to delay an update for, and what things to defer to the next one ...).

In your example, 208 MTP means 28 MTP or 208 - (3 hours x 60 = 180 minutes) = 28 minutes. If you lived in Denver, it would read 148, Chicago 88, Toronto 28 MTP.

Meanwhile - you can simply set your computer clock to Eastern time while you're working the races and that will fix this issue! (Don't forget to switch it back to Pacific Time when you're done).

Ted

R
DSS -

Last edited by Ted Craven; 03-09-2021 at 04:26 PM.
Old 03-09-2021, 06:01 PM   #388
Mitch44
Grade 1

Thanks Ted for your reply, now its much more clearer.

Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 09:51 PM   #389
Kisha
AlwNW3X

Thanks again Ted for the reply. I will attempt to wait until the day of to analyze races. When I do that, there isn't any issues. Have a good weekend!
Kisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 10:30 PM   #390
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisha View Post
Thanks again Ted for the reply. I will attempt to wait until the day of to analyze races. When I do that, there isn't any issues. Have a good weekend!

Or, the day/night before, as many folks do, is also fine. Just not after midnight (or then, turn off Tote and TS Ratings fetch).

Good luck/skill this weekend, Kisha!!

Ted

R
DSS -