Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions)
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions) Racing Decision Support System - The NEW Version 2.2

Old 07-17-2020, 05:17 PM   #1
tonicfan
AlwNW1X

Off Turf or Off Going in RDSS

How does one tell RDSS that the race is off the turf.

For example Saratoga today the 7/17 Race 5 was off the turf but the software at the top still says 8.5f Turf.

I searched around but could not find a way to make the software realize this is now a dirt race.

Also is there a way to let the software know that the race is on an OFF track... sloppy, muddy or otherwise? I didnt really see a setting for that either.

As we know not every race is Firm Turf and a Fast Track. Sometimes things change throughout the day and if one is handicapping a certain track it would be a good thing to let the software know of the changes...

I'm probably just missing something, so any advice here would be helpful as I am still new with this softare.

Thanks
tonicfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 05:31 PM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Re Changing Distance/Surface - please see the RDSS Documentation: http://paceandcap.com/forums/showpos...03&postcount=3

Page 3.

Name:  change.dist1.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  100.3 KB

Name:  change.dist2.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  106.5 KB

Re - designating today's surface an Off-track, there is no provision for that. Nor is there a concept in the Methodology per se of 'what to do' in the case of an Off-track today. You can make all the usual decisions to pass a race, favour horses who have performed well on wet or soft surfaces, or use those kinds of pacelines for evaluation. But no overall calculation mode to do something in particular with the numbers in the case of other-than-dry surfaces.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 05:34 PM   #3
Blueken555
AlwNW2X

On the Card Summary tab right click on the T and you can change to Main track. Can't help on the off going

Best
Ken
Blueken555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 06:25 PM   #4
tonicfan
AlwNW1X

Thanks... for some reason I missed that right click... thanks again
tonicfan is offline   Reply With Quote