Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion Phase III/MPH, Synergism, Energy, Kgen, Entropy, Thoromation, Quad-Rater, PaceLauncher, Synthesis, Validator, Val4, Speculator, etc ...

Old 03-25-2015, 03:05 PM   #1
Larry
Maiden

Running DOS on an iPad

Hi everybody - boy it's been ages since I looked in. I thought this might be of interest to some people.

DOSBOX has been ported to the iPhone and iPad as POWERDOS. It's a DOS emulator. I've installed a game (Portal - runs fine), as well as The DOS programs TPR and MPH. I've only played with it for a short time, but they seem to run fine. MPH even loaded an old race file I had around. I need to try my Speculator program if I can find it. i'd be curious to see how well a more substantial program works.

So, give it a try - if nothing else it's wild to see a DOS prompt on an iPad. The program is 99 cents (I have no connection with the software or creator) in the Apple Appstore. FYI, my iPad is NOT jailbroken.

Good luck

Larry

P.S. From the boards I see that some people have run Windows 95 - so it seems to be a decent emulation. Oh, and the general consensus is - get it while you can. While Apple has been loosening the rules, they have never liked emulators (iDOS is one).
Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 07:13 AM   #2
Jeebs
Grade 1

So how do you move a program to Power DOS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
Hi everybody - boy it's been ages since I looked in. I thought this might be of interest to some people.

DOSBOX has been ported to the iPhone and iPad as POWERDOS. It's a DOS emulator. I've installed a game (Portal - runs fine), as well as The DOS programs TPR and MPH. I've only played with it for a short time, but they seem to run fine. MPH even loaded an old race file I had around. I need to try my Speculator program if I can find it. i'd be curious to see how well a more substantial program works.

So, give it a try - if nothing else it's wild to see a DOS prompt on an iPad. The program is 99 cents (I have no connection with the software or creator) in the Apple Appstore. FYI, my iPad is NOT jailbroken.

Good luck

Larry

P.S. From the boards I see that some people have run Windows 95 - so it seems to be a decent emulation. Oh, and the general consensus is - get it while you can. While Apple has been loosening the rules, they have never liked emulators (iDOS is one).
Jeebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 10:14 AM   #3
Larry
Maiden

There it's a program called IFunbox. It's a free program for mac and PC.

It allows you to view your iPhone or ipad, much like Windows file explorer. Under User applications you find powerdos. Under that is a documents folder. You drop the programs and Files there. It's really no more difficult that moving Files around on a PC. I was using the Mac and pc versions. Both worked fine.

Larry
Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 09:04 PM   #4
Jeebs
Grade 1

I put the Brisnet download utility on it, and when I use files, it treats races at a mile as a sprint. Same program is on my laptop and no problem.
Jeebs is offline   Reply With Quote