Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion Phase III/MPH, Synergism, Energy, Kgen, Entropy, Thoromation, Quad-Rater, PaceLauncher, Synthesis, Validator, Val4, Speculator, etc ...

Old 08-24-2014, 04:32 PM   #1
1retired
Grade 3

Average Daily Variants

I am trying to find out where I can get the average daily variant for each racetrack for each of the following dirt sprints, dirt routes, turf sprints, and turf routes. I use these in adjusting my DRF fractional times based on a chapter in Tom Brohamer's book "Modern Pace Handicapping". I sent out an earlier message but got no takers, possibly because I also asked about the DRF 3Yr Best Times for racetracks. That one is easy, It is provided by the DRF from the internet via a download FREE. Again, what about the average daily variants?

Regards
1retired
1retired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 11:07 PM   #2
CEW
Grade 1

Daily Variants

1Retired -

First off, more power to you for being retired!

As far as DRF variants go - they are in the 2014 pars from Cynthia Publishing:

http://www.cynthiapublishing.com/mm5/merchant.mvc

The par book has several features in it....the average variants by track, surface, and distance, as well as the incremental times by track, distance, and surface for all class levels at all the North American tracks. If you want to make your own velocity pars and ultimately daily variants like Brohamer does, this would be a fast way to get it going.

You can call those guys as well. I've spoken to them many times and have bought the pars book in the past.

Let me know what other questions you have.

Regards,

Chuck
CEW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 02:04 PM   #3
Mark
Grade 1

Whose doing this work now? I know Dick Mitchell passed away and Gordon Pine has his own handicapping program. I believe this property went to Dick's ex-wife in the divorce settlement. Gordon's pars were very good.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 04:17 PM   #4
Rverge
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
Whose doing this work now? I know Dick Mitchell passed away and Gordon Pine has his own handicapping program. I believe this property went to Dick's ex-wife in the divorce settlement. Gordon's pars were very good.
steve unite(sp) aka 'boys in the back room'
Old 09-03-2014, 10:19 PM   #5
mowens33
Grade 1

Rdss2
mowens33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 11:06 PM   #6
Bill V.
The egg man

make my own

The more my model and database grows I am serously thinking about devolping my own varients. I have the time now, I enjoy hard work
Plus the satisfaction of doing my own work inspires me to see it happen.
Bill
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote