Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   God Bless you, Howard Sartin........ (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5104)

tom 01-31-2009 05:39 PM

God Bless you, Howard Sartin........

Dick Schmidt posted over at PA's that Howard passed away last night.
Very sad news, for many who owe him so much.
He was a pioneer!

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...569#post634569

Slewbacca 01-31-2009 06:21 PM

RIP Howard

MIKE 01-31-2009 06:26 PM

---thanks for everything, Doc !!

noddub62 01-31-2009 06:32 PM

I'll never forget meeting Doc and the two Mary's. My wife and I went to see him in 2001, two months after 911 (from DFW). He questioned my sanity.

We listened to his war stories for a couple of hours and he started me doing several races while he ate pizza for lunch. He was the kind of person that you couldn't help but like and respect.

May God rest his kind soul and bless his family through this period of morning.

dogkatcher 01-31-2009 06:36 PM

Sincere condolences to the Sartin Family, Doc will be truely missed.

Bob Cochran 01-31-2009 06:44 PM

Howard Sartin

Wanda and I would like to express our sincere condolences to the Sartin
Family. Howard Sartin always gave more than he received, and that's
how he lived life.

Thanks for many great years Howard.

Bob and Wanda Cochran

VoodooFan 01-31-2009 07:06 PM

Thanks Dr. Howard G. Sartin for all you and your family has done, it can never be forgotten.

The foremost trend setter and maker is gone, the handicapping world has lost its brightest star, a real revolutionary.

Not for fame and celebrity, but sincerely dedicated to really help ordinary folks.

Dr. Sartin and THE HAT have turned handicapping information on its ear, gave it new life, and rather than read and recycle/re-hash the same, droll, limited workings of old handicapping axioms and maxims, forged new ground and possibilities, they made handicapping adventuresome, blossomed new, relative, profitable concepts, methods and solutions far beyond their contemporaries imagination and reality, but most of all, they made it fun.

Like a kid on christmas eve, we knew to anticipate the latest developments and evolutionary methods to better help folks be just a little better in whatever their chosen plan of attack was.

VoodooFan

Charlie D 01-31-2009 07:10 PM

Told better half of Doc's passing and it felt like i'd lost a close friend

You are the essence of the Methodology and while the Methodology exists you are with us

Thank you Doc

JimG 01-31-2009 07:20 PM

I am so sorry to hear this news. I am sure he went smiling, knowing that Bill Varone was doing an outstanding job furthering the methodology in the familiar refrain of "friends helping friends".

Jim

Ted Craven 01-31-2009 07:41 PM

I spent some time talking with Howard's wife Mary just now, bless her soul, she is such a sweet woman. It will be hard for her to adjust to a life without him after 62 years, but family is there, and a comfort. Howard had been having ongoing battles these past years with too many various ailments, and I guess I was just always surprised that each time I would call he would actually pick up the phone. It was always going to happen that one time the music would stop, and it has stopped now.

Howard was a very private person despite his public persona over the years, and they plan for a private service with no fanfare.

Howard was my mentor, a friend, and an inspiration in my love of horse racing and many aspects of my life. I will miss his sharp wit and his kindness - but he told me he said everything he had to say on his life's work, and that it was up to any individual to take what they could and do something with it.

Love to all his family, and thanks Doc for your gifts and for your life. It's been quite a ride!

Ted