Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   RDSS (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   RDSS 2.0 MyRaces Collection (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7004)

Ted Craven 07-22-2010 01:34 PM

RDSS 2.0 MyRaces Collection

3 Attachment(s)
Working on defining collections of similar races, by day (some might call these 'Portfolios'). I call them My Races.

Right now I'm creating some example collections to play with. Here are a few for today.

Attachment 20158

Attachment 20162

Attachment 20163

You'll be able to create your own collections, filtered and sorted as you like.

Ideas welcomed!

Ted

gary w. 07-22-2010 04:45 PM

That looks like a great idea, Ted. Something like this could help me focus and remove some of the chaos from decision making...........I seem to play too many races right now so this would definitely take away the, "temptation" factor.

Bill Lyster 07-26-2010 02:07 PM

My Races

Ted:

Does the My Races data come from a central source or do you have to download all the tracks from which the data gets summarized? Would the My Races data summarize info from all tracks running that day or is the data summarized for only the tracks downloaded?

It could be expensive to download the data for six or more tracks and then find out that there are relatively few opportunities on a given day. Just thinking $$$$ before handicapping here.

Thanks,

Ted Craven 07-26-2010 02:23 PM

TrackMaster has allowed me to generate lists like these (via RDSS running on a server) and post files which RDSS running on your computer can automatically download each day. So you can see what's available and decide which full cards to buy if you don't do Unlimited.

The idea is to gradually add more interesting complexity (e.g. races where there are 3+ early fighters = OTE, or where there is 1 lone Early, or M/L favourite = 3-1+ = uncertainly) so you can see races with spot plays where you stand a chance, or where your wager records show you are profitable, etc

I'd be interested in more examples of desirable race specs, just to confirm my belief that (in the long run) I can code pretty much anything.

Ted

SilentRun 07-26-2010 03:27 PM

Ted,

Just curious, what programming language are you using ?

Ernie

Ted Craven 07-26-2010 04:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by SilentRun (Post 67755)
Ted,

Just curious, what programming language are you using ?

Ernie

PowerBuilder.

Attachment 20187

For The Lead 07-27-2010 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ted Craven (Post 67750)
TrackMaster has allowed me to generate lists like these (via RDSS running on a server) and post files which RDSS running on your computer can automatically download each day. So you can see what's available and decide which full cards to buy if you don't do Unlimited.

The idea is to gradually add more interesting complexity (e.g. races where there are 3+ early fighters = OTE, or where there is 1 lone Early, or M/L favourite = 3-1+ = uncertainly) so you can see races with spot plays where you stand a chance, or where your wager records show you are profitable, etc

I'd be interested in more examples of desirable race specs, just to confirm my belief that (in the long run) I can code pretty much anything.

Ted

Just curious, Ted. Does Trackmaster offer you the ability to see "race conditions", such as NW2L, NW1X or anything like those?

Ted Craven 07-27-2010 11:05 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by For The Lead (Post 67760)
Just curious, Ted. Does Trackmaster offer you the ability to see "race conditions", such as NW2L, NW1X or anything like those?

I have to decode that from the full race conditions, but given enough tweaking (some conditions get pretty creative ;)), it should pretty much match what you would see in the PPs for a given race. Here was my 1st crack at it. Mouse-over popup shows full conditions.

I can make available via server (i.e. without users first paying to download), race related data per these samples. For data related to horses running in a given race, e.g. the mix of running styles, you'd have to download the card.

Attachment 20190

Attachment 20191

Ted

Ted Craven 07-27-2010 11:43 AM

July 27, Sprints, non-maiden, open claiming

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 20192

Ted Craven 07-27-2010 11:55 AM

July 27, Sprints, non-maiden, NW2...

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 20193

Attachment 20194