View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 07:34 PM   #15
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

Location: Escondido CA just 25 minutes from where the turf meets the surf - "...at Del Mar"
yes on both accounts.

I don't have the exact layoff figures for win percentage but 270 works for me. Some of the data base guys can tell you that only 5% or less winners come from horses returning longer than __ days, so the number you use COULD BE a lot less. Test before you decide to change it.

I should hilight that eliminating horses gone 270 or more works for most of the top three placings in the race (of coures small fields should be considered exceptions...) eliminating for win only might let you eliminate down into the mid 100's, but some of these horses off mid 100 days may be good enough for place and show still.

Dave Schwartz has some good data on this on his IMPROVING YOUR GAME section. He also has some great stats concerning win rates for horses who have not been on the track for a work out or race within the last 30 days and other good stuff.

PS to all of you out there. The data base that Ted compiled allows you to work hundreds of races all over the country from April to October of last year, without any added expense. Very good way to experiment with the EL 2.0 data or any other idea you might want to test.

Bill

Last edited by Bill Lyster; 04-17-2011 at 07:38 PM. Reason: added comment
Bill Lyster is offline   Reply With Quote