View Single Post
Old 09-01-2008, 06:40 PM   #9
VoodooFan
True Disciple of Voodoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieP View Post

Hat only considered a horse to be an {early/presser}if he was 1/2 length or CLOSER than that to the lead at the FIRST call. He'd tell me "how the heck can a horse be called a presser Rich if he doesn't put his BODY on the other horse". HE wants pressers alongside the lead horse.I don't know if that helps you.

Styles vary widely depending on whom you ask. It's all good imo.

I'd go with the very first impression you had of the horse when you opened the race and saw him for the first time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieP View Post

He told me any and EVERY time another horse put a body on his horse that was curtains for his Appy. That is where his definition of "pressing" came from. Racing at the outlaw tracks.

Jim "The Hat" Bradshaw's E/P definition:
A horse 2nd or 3rd who is 1/2 length or closer to the leader at the FIRST call.

Hope this helps someone. True story.
Hope this helps?? ?? Are you kidding?? ?

Thats a FANSTASTIC definative piece of HAT history AND solid , clear way of identifying what a Early Presser is!!

Perfect for the title of this thread "Beginner Matchers".

Always some grey area to me about this,...almost gettin it...., maybe 90% to 98% of the time, but not always entirely sure.

With this perfect picture and story in mind, some of us can proceed with confidence in classifying and identifying Early Pressers, win, lose or draw, we KNOW we made the right call as of running style...this would be one of the ground basics we got locked and loaded in our pocket.

Damn, it's like Christmas morning to see what's posted next in "Hat Check".

The Howard G. Sartin Methodology, wow, what's better, cause I haven't seen it yet, and doubt I will.

VoodooFan