Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS Racing Decision Support System – The Modern Sartin Methodology

Old 10-17-2007, 09:18 PM   #1
Ted Craven
Grade 1

*RDSS Intro Seminar Oct 20*

I will conduct a RDSS Introductory Web Seminar on Saturday October 20 beginning at 12:00 noon EST. The focus will be on orienting some newer users on how to Download and Convert data, how to navigate around the screens and an intro to how to use the different Analysis screens to identify Contenders, pick pacelines. We can handicap a race for Saturday afternoon.

There is room for 15 people, first come first serve. If you're interested, please register by emailing me at ted@ArtofPace.com. I'll send out the GoToMeeting web co-ordinates and the conference call phone number on Saturday morning. (Please add my email to your email address book, or otherwise instruct your Spam Filters to permit email from me - if you want to receive any).

Looking forward to meeting more of you!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Old 10-20-2007, 09:20 AM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1

I sent out by email the Seminar weblink and Conference call phone number to everyone who registered. If you haven't received it, first please check your Junk or Spam email folders, then write me and I'll resend it.

There are a few spots left so far. If anyone else would like to join the Seminar today, just send me an email.

Ted

R
DSS -

Last edited by Ted Craven; 10-20-2007 at 10:05 AM. Reason: extend invitation to others
Old 10-20-2007, 10:52 PM   #3
delmarscott2004
delmarscott2004

Ted , thanks for the Seminar this afternoon , it was very informative. RDSS is a very good ongoing racing tool you are developing , congrats.. Looking forward to other online meetings .
Thanks again ......... Vanoy
Old 10-21-2007, 09:44 AM   #4
dodeca
AlwNW1X

Great seminar Ted. Will take a while to get up to speed with RDSS, but the seminar helped a lot. Thanks, Richard
Old 10-23-2007, 11:06 AM   #5
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Here is the video and audio recording of the October 20, 2007 RDSS Intro Seminar:

http://www.artofpace.com/video/RDSS_...r_10202007.zip

This file is 153 Mb in size. Extract the WMV file from the ZIP and watch it in any WMV player (e.g. Microsoft Media Player). The Seminar is 1 hour and 38 minutes.

Important: if you have never used GoToMeeting (the conferencing software), you will need to download and install a small Audio/Video Codec file (a media decoding plug-in) in order to view the recording properly. It is available for free here: ( https://www.gotomeeting.com/codec ). I will try to convert subsequent recorded meetings to Flash (I'm still learning how to do this stuff...)

Enjoy!

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 10-23-2007, 11:45 PM   #6
azbacks
Grade 1

Ted,

I watched the seminar this afternoon. Great job, very informative. You have done a fantastic job on your program.

I noticed that the horses picked as the top three had the three highest SR numbers also.

azbacks,.....Pete
Old 10-24-2007, 03:24 AM   #7
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Thanks Pete! Was the video pretty crisp for you? A few have found it rather fuzzy.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 10-24-2007, 05:49 AM   #8
Buzz
AlwNW3X

Seminar is a Hit!

Ted,

I enjoyed your RDSS seminar presentation very much for a number of reasons.

As a typical new comer to RDSS I had a long list of questions but didn't want to overwhelm you with email and have you spend an enormous amount of time outlining detailed answers.

The scope of your presentation was perfect for my needs because you covered enough of the history of the program as well as most of the features. And for me the icing on the cake was the demonstration using your method of handicapping a race using the RDSS program.

I feel very lucky because I also downloaded the race you handicapped and now can play the seminar video on one computer and put the active race on my second computer. This has provided me with some hands on experience using the program.

Thanks for making all this available to a new user. It helps gain familiarity with the program quickly.

Lastly I would like to complement you on your manner of presentation. You have a great talent for describing very complex concepts in a very clear minded way.

Thanks for the clarity!

Buzz
Old 10-24-2007, 08:01 AM   #9
admin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
Thanks Pete! Was the video pretty crisp for you? A few have found it rather fuzzy.

Ted
Hi Ted
I downloaded the codec and the video
It looks good its a 1 hour and 38 minute video
Any better quality would make the file size way to big
I guess that go to mettings is setting the file size at a lesser quality setting
It looks fine for shorter demos clearer demos camtasia might be the way to go
and of course screen shots here on P and C look excellent

Thanks
Bill
Old 10-24-2007, 08:06 AM   #10
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Yes Bill, I jut upgraded to Camtasia Studio 5 and hope to use that for future seminar/meeting recordings. Yours were quite clear. The GTM recordings were pretty clear for me, bad for others, but I don't know why, if they loaded the codec.

I'll keep trying to make it better.

Ted

R
DSS -