Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Hat Check - How Can We Help You?
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Hat Check - How Can We Help You? Jim 'The Hat' Bradshaw - Learn The Matchup

Old 08-01-2007, 11:57 AM   #61
RichieP
Grade 1

4 "Hat Helpers" from Jim Bradshaw

I spoke with Jim just now. He is VERY pleased with this thread and the participation. He hopes for MORE to join in.

He gave me 4 "Hat Helpers" to pass on to YOU.

He wants them posted HERE in this thread to help you(and me) with the races and also wants you to REMEMBER them when working ALL races ok?

Jim Bradshaw's "Hat Helpers":
1) Pay attention to horses coming out of the fastest pace in last race.Look at them closely.

2) Power Lines

3) Power Moves

4) "It is VERY difficult to go wire to wire against FAST horses who make great
Power Moves." - The Hat

Richie
Old 08-01-2007, 03:42 PM   #62
VoodooFan
True Disciple of Voodoo

Saratoga race 6

• 1) French Transition--changed his style, not run close to previous fractions. I say 2nd line back is a fluke. OUT
  • (2) Ready Enough--Sus--almost a Late horse. Powerline 2nd back, that's what he usually run in grass.
  • (3) Prince Raffie--Early/Need-to-Lead---changed his style, become slow, cannot run fractions he had success at. Line 2,3 and 4 should have showed something at the 1/4 mile, because those are his fractions, OUT.
  • (4) Of All Times--Early/Need-to-Lead---does well "only" with easy lead, period. can he get it today?
  • (5) Banrock--Sus--24 lengths back??? Horse usually makes Power Moves from 2nd call to stretch against 112's-137's, 111's-136's &137's, even 111's-134's, and he move's 1 position and loses lengths against a 113? I say he's OUT.
  • (6) Academy Royale--Sus--super extra slow Pace of Race, and horse simply trots dead last, OUT.
  • (8) Couth--Early/Need-to-Lead--all his grass lines says he needs a very, very slow pace to have a chance. Doesn't like the grass unless very slow. If he can get 2nd or 3rd position, he will try to run. But his fastest turf is ( two ) 4th-2 lengths @ a 24.4, and he Needs to Lead, OUT.
  • (9) Red Down South--simply lost interest in racing,OUT.
  • (10) Admiral Bird--Sus Presser--cannot get on top of fractions previously ran, changed his style, OUT.
  • (12) Chasing The Crown--Early/Neet-to-Lead--needs uncontested, easy lead, and his best is a 24.2. The (4) Of All Times can run 23.3's. He's never faced pressure, not proven to be a fighter, and definetly won't get his comfort lengths against the (4) , OUT.
  • Althought the (4) Of All Times needs a 2.5 length comfort, only the 8 and the 12 are close. Since the 8 can only get 4th, the 12's best is a 24.2, with the 4 running 23.3 and 23.4 , 4 can stay comfortly ahead of 12,
  • I say the race will run Early, the (4) Of All Times goes wire to wire.
  • VoodooFan
Quote:
"Richie never 2nd guesses, or ask "what if", but learns the concept I am teaching. This is one why he has learned and he is one of my best students. He is my pride and joy and best pal."
Jim "THE HAT" Bradshaw
Old 08-02-2007, 01:29 AM   #63
Turbulator
Grade 1

Quote:
Jim Bradshaw's "Hat Helpers":
1) Pay attention to horses coming out of the fastest pace in last race.Look at them closely.
Just need a little clarification here. By last race, do you mean the last or most recent race in the form, or do you mean the last "good" or "power" race the horse ran?

Old 08-02-2007, 08:15 AM   #64
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbulator View Post
Just need a little clarification here. By last race, do you mean the last or most recent race in the form
Steve,
THIS.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:00 AM   #65
THE HAT
Grade 2

Saratoga Race One

Guys you did a great job in matching this race, determining that the race would run Other Than Early is the key in winning the race. Next find the fastest Other Than Early horse, never rely on one running line to find this horse.

The Three, Five Six and Nine are horse that show an early running style, these horses are "tossed out." The Two, Four and Seven are slow and are "tossed" This leaves the One and the Eight as the main contenders in the race.

Match the One and Eight line by line and decide the one to bet. Did you miss the Tandem they ran? Which one was ahead of the other most of the time? Is there any reason the Tandem will reverse? The answer is no.

Cool the Economy is faster than Tzipi and is the bet in this race.
Old 08-03-2007, 07:29 PM   #66
Turbulator
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE HAT View Post
Saratoga Race One

Match the One and Eight line by line and decide the one to bet. Did you miss the Tandem they ran? Which one was ahead of the other most of the time? Is there any reason the Tandem will reverse? The answer is no.

Cool the Economy is faster than Tzipi and is the bet in this race.
Jim,

Watching you handicap is like watching a pool player running racks. It looks soooo easy.

The five stages of the "Hat"

1. Visor
2. Cap
3. Sombrero
4. Fedora
5. "Hat"

Old 08-08-2007, 03:14 PM   #67
THE HAT
Grade 2

Saratoga Race Two & Four

Race Two only has the 3, 4, 5, 7, 8 and 9 horses to match the others are first time starters . Each of the horses only have one line to match and 22.0 is the fastest first call. The race should run "other than early" and the four and Nine are the best. The four horse has faced the fastest second call and almost go the lead. I believe J Z Warrior is a standout and should win, if he isn’t beaten by one of the first time starters. I played him with the One horse in the first race for a Daily Double.

The Fourth race a One Mile and One Sixteenth on the turf. was an interesting race, the Seven, Ten and all the horses entered for the main track were scratched. The Two horse is the only horse with any early speed and can also run "other than early." The Three horse was out run by Will’s Sweet Girl, so is out. The Four horse was outrun by the Six and is out. The Five shows nothing and is out. The Six is slow and is out. The One horse is slow and is out. The Eight is a slow horse and is out. The Nine horse could take the lead, but is slow and should be caught. The process of The Match Up gives me the Two and Eleven. I placed by wager on the Two, but was a late scratch. I usually don’t do ood if I go back and look at the race, so I placed a wager on Will’s Sweet Girl and won the race.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:06 PM   #68
VoodooFan
True Disciple of Voodoo

Pattern recognition

Thanks for the analysis on the saratoga race's , Mr. Bradshaw. Trying to study these examples very hard. Never tire of the MatchUP. Pino and Richie are there, I'm working at it. VoodooFan
Quote:
"Richie never 2nd guesses, or ask "what if", but learns the concept I am teaching. This is one why he has learned and he is one of my best students. He is my pride and joy and best pal."
Jim "THE HAT" Bradshaw