Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Hat Check - How Can We Help You?
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Hat Check - How Can We Help You? Jim 'The Hat' Bradshaw - Learn The Matchup

Old 02-11-2007, 06:29 PM   #11
VoodooFan
True Disciple of Voodoo

Thumbs up Wow

1. WOW, and WOW again, dude. Just when I thought you leveled off,.....BAM!, you pull this one out of your hat, or Mr. Bradshaws hat. When you listed #1 , I thought how would he get this across, seeing as how Doc would pepper his presentations trying to get this across, i.e., Psychology of Winning, Biofeedback, snapping a rubber band on your wrist, you call the race, neurolingquistics,etc,.

If Doc is reading your post, if he still smokes his pipe, he's gotta be puffin on it with a sly smirk and grin saying, "finally, THIS is what I been tryin to get people to see; It finally stuck to somebody".
    Your teaching skills and illustrations are gettin to be beyond ordinary, seriously.
    That "screenshot"was just perfect, incredible, to illustrate your point, just perfect.
    What more can be said, just Great work..., good stuff,...... holy cow......., I'm speechless ...."................",.. VoodooFan
[LIST]
Quote:
"Richie never 2nd guesses, or ask "what if", but learns the concept I am teaching. This is one why he has learned and he is one of my best students. He is my pride and joy and best pal."
Jim "THE HAT" Bradshaw
Old 02-11-2007, 06:57 PM   #12
socantra
Grade 1

I'll have to second 'Voodoo Fan's comments. That really is an outstanding job of conveying a concept that is hard to get across. As always, your teaching skills are superb. Please, keep up the great work.

Dick...
Old 02-11-2007, 07:15 PM   #13
Bob Cochran
Grade 1

Smile Intuition

This is an excellent start Rich.
Great post.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:59 PM   #14
20towin
AlwNW1X

I agree with everything you posted, that being said is a tough thing to do. Looking over past races is a bad habit and will be tough to break. Been doing it for 20 years. Is there a support group for this.
Old 02-11-2007, 10:19 PM   #15
shoeless
Grade 1

Richie,Good Post but I couldnt get the screenshot to open.Jeff
Old 02-12-2007, 05:43 AM   #16
Jonathan Steele
Grade 1

Shoeless said:

"I couldnt get the screenshot to open"

Me neither.

Jon
Old 02-12-2007, 07:33 AM   #17
gl45
Grade 1

That's the screnn shot.
1st. call "the horse is FIRST by hd"
Old 02-12-2007, 09:10 AM   #18
Bob Cochran
Grade 1

Cool looking back at a loss

I can't count the times at the race track or OTB facility, where a player has
missed a race, looked back, and sure enough, finds a reason why the winner
could or should have been played. I have seen racing forms ripped up, chairs thrown, friends shouting and cursing each other, you name it.

And guess what ? they kicked themselves so badly, they were done for the
day, because they couldn't make the correct decision from that race on.

Some went home raging mad, only to find they had good winners in the later races which would have turned a profit for the day.

Losing is a part of the business. Learn the business correctly and you will have fewer losses. IMHO
Old 02-12-2007, 09:41 AM   #19
RichieP
Grade 1

2nd Key - Positioning/ Beaten Lenghts

POSITION - A place or location. The right or appropriate place. - Webster's

" The 2 biggest reasons why folks can't learn the matchup are
1) Making RULES for everything
2) Getting hung up on a horse's BEATEN LENGHTS.
I know this to be true because I have been teaching the Matchup for 20 + years" - Jim Bradshaw
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Now it is time to begin to see things in a horse's past performances the way the Hat does.

While we can not be the Hat and see ALL he "sees" in a race we can use these techniques to become STRONGER matchers. Please watch and remember there are NO rules.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Beaten Lenghts:
I want to lay out the few areas where beaten lenghts ARE important to the Hat and CAN and SHOULD be used to evaluate both a horse and a potential SPOT PLAY situation.

My original post said that the 6 things listed all come together and work together to become ONE application. Well here it is.

1) When evaluating an EARLY horse (one which we project is going to go wire to wire and can NOT pass horse's if he doesn't get the lead) LOOK at the beaten lenghts at the FIRST CALL of his WINNING wire jobs and see if he can get that same lead today based on the early matchup. Use the FIRST CALL and compare him with the other earlies ( also HERE bring in the position 2- hd and 2-nk guys because they WANT the lead too. If the horse can NOT get the lead he had in his winninng line throw the horse out immediately.

2) When a horse loses BOTH position and beaten lenghts between the 1st and 2nd calls this is a strong indication THAT pace is one he can NOT handle. If he GAINS position or beaten lenghts from 1c to 2c use this as a positive indicator that he can handle the pace.

3) When you FIRST open a race scroll the horses and find the fastest PACE OF RACE from the LAST RACE. Look at the horse(s) and check the position and beaten lenghts at 1c AND 2c. If the horse maintains position and/or beaten lenghts (NOT talking about pos 8-8 for ex, some looking at races like this will show YOU what is ok) this is a TRIGGER to open the horse's WHOLE pp's up and evaluate him off BEST line (s).

You can make a personal SPOT PLAY from this type horse WHEN he FITS the race shape you are projecting to win today (early or other than early).

This fastest pace from the last race also opens the door to do some VOODOO by taking that pace of race and then using other lines POSITIONING to create a virtual line that NOBODY at the track can "see". This is the way the Hat introduced me to his Voodoo for the first time a few months back and it blew my mind man. We will do a full race on this when we get to that part.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
POSITIONING:

" We want to bet the horse that is closest to the lead positionally factoring in pace of race" - Jim Bradshaw

To be HONEST this is very simple and it is the way the Hat decides his horse to bet in EVERY race. It might sound complicated and you think " well what if this appears or what about this factor".

Relax. Open your mind to new things. WATCH

They say a picture is worth a thousand words right?

We want to bet the horse closest to the lead positionally factoring in pace of race

the #2 is the winner $ 9.40
Attached Images

Last edited by RichieP; 02-12-2007 at 10:22 AM.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:45 AM   #20
RichieP
Grade 1

2nd Key - Positioning

We are going to bet the horse closest to the lead positionally factoring in pace of race

the #2 is the winner $ 9.00
Attached Images