Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Hat Check - How Can We Help You?
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Hat Check - How Can We Help You? Jim 'The Hat' Bradshaw - Learn The Matchup

Old 10-13-2007, 07:22 PM   #21
VoodooFan
True Disciple of Voodoo

Good Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieP View Post
For now just begin thinking of this definition of a "picture":
A stacking or collecting of pacelines on a particular horse that when BLENDED together shows what the horse is capable of doing and from WHERE positionally.
I like that term, " BLENDED TOGETHER ." That's an
eye-opening way to define and view pacelines. This should be repeated and
not forgotten. Good MatchUp definition of picture.

Quote:
I see the SECOND FIGHT at the stretch call of the 4's race and realize that
the horse who fought with the 4 at that point
{ is NOT in TODAY'S race.}
I also see at THAT point of the 2nd fight the 2 is still almost 3 lengths back of the 4.

The tandem race TWO horses ganged up on the 4 and fought him both early and late in the race.

TODAY there will be only ONE fight and that will be early on with the 8.
Now , WOW, THAT'S a way of taking a race apart horse by horse,
bolt by bolt, screw by screw. That is also a good working example of the
mentality used and inner mechanics of the use and the why's of Tandems.

You've made this race virtually 3-Dimentional. Pretty close to holographic
projection. The MatchUp- a virtual TIME MACHINE and Mental HDTV to " see " a race run HOURS before it appears on the teleprompter.

Definitely going to be studying this one.

VoodooFan
Quote:
"Richie never 2nd guesses, or ask "what if", but learns the concept I am teaching. This is one why he has learned and he is one of my best students. He is my pride and joy and best pal."
Jim "THE HAT" Bradshaw
Old 10-14-2007, 04:25 AM   #22
VoodooFan
True Disciple of Voodoo

order

Quote:
For now just begin thinking of this definition of a "picture":
A stacking or collecting of pacelines on a particular horse that when BLENDED together shows what the horse is capable of doing and from WHERE positionally.
Richie
When you break a horse's pp lines in this fashion , you get a crystal clear
picture of the race.

This is a GREAT way to view pacelines. In my mind, I have to put the horse's
lines in some kinda order and range , from closest position to furthest ;
from fastest fraction to slower.

Hope you keep giving us more examples of this, an ORDERLY way to dissect
horse's past performance based on projected 1st fraction today.

Mr. Bradshaw's teaching is more and more creative.

VoodooFan
Quote:
"Richie never 2nd guesses, or ask "what if", but learns the concept I am teaching. This is one why he has learned and he is one of my best students. He is my pride and joy and best pal."
Jim "THE HAT" Bradshaw
Old 10-14-2007, 08:56 AM   #23
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilio840 View Post
Richie dosn't Line 7 on the #8 shows that he is much faster than the #4 horse. He could do the first quater in 22.4 and the half in 46 and change. And there is also a few more lines where the #8 is faster at the first 2 calls.
emilio
Emilio
The 8 I thought was the perfect example of an early horse unable to get on top of fractions lately that he could down below. So I never considered those deep lines with this horse in this race.
Richie
Old 10-14-2007, 09:01 AM   #24
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooFan View Post
Mr. Bradshaw's teaching is more and more creative.
VoodooFan
THAT is where all of this is heading Voodoo.
Old 10-21-2007, 09:25 AM   #25
Rxlawyer
Grade 1

Great Example

Richie:

Thank You So Much For Your Work! The Examples Are Excellent And I Appreaciate Them.

Gary L.
Old 10-21-2007, 01:02 PM   #26
Turbulator
Grade 1

Good work, Richie as usual, but I wouldn't have got this race. I would have made this other than early all the way and gone with the 2.

1. The 4 had a 5 length lead at the half and I would have surmised that there is no way he is going to get this kind of lead today.

2. It's true the 8 probably won't get his desired lead at the first call, but 4 races back he fought off a challenge and survived.

3. Now, if this is a case of eliminating the 8 because he can't get his "needed" lead at the first call and then evaluating the race from that point forward as if he didn't exist, then I have a little bit better time seeing it. But I still would have felt that the 8 would bother the 4 enough to compromise them both. The four shows no wins in his PPs, and only one good OTE race (sustained) against a very slow pace.

4. Early races are still the toughest ones for me to get. Did you think this race would run OTE as it did? The four pressed and won. Or did you think it would run early, and the 4 would challenge the 8 and put him away? I do notice that this often happens where you project a race early and the early horse you like wins pressing. Sometimes it works out the other way around--an OTE horse will go wire-to-wire.

5. I also think tandems, and evaluating tandems are extremely important. I still have a hard time seeing them in RDSS, and many times I forget to look at them altogether. If I do look at them, they just don't properly register. I am just so used to seeing the tandems out to the right that going to another screen to observe them disassociates me from the race. Either I'm going to have to get over that (somehow) or figure out a way to convince Ted to show the tandems in a different way.

I just realized something. I'm doing a 100 race test where I'm mixing MatchUp with Sartin, and 60 races in I have only looked at the tandems one time!

That was yesterday in a race I never would have got had I not looked at the tandems. A $20 horse too. Tandems, especially last race tandems need to be looked at and analyzed, and many times I just don't bother for one reason or another. For some reason when I look at them, I am unable to associate them into the overall picture using RDSS. This is not a knock on the software. I realize that the way tandems are set up might be the only way it can be achieved. I'm sure the problem is more with me than with RDSS.

But when I look at tandems using a PDF file or the racing form they light up like a Christmas tree, and I immediately enter them into consideration. This is a major problem with me, and something that is causing me great concern. I don't know what can be done about it either. Out of sight out of mind I guess.

Good hit, and good analysis. Food for thought.

Old 10-22-2007, 08:35 AM   #27
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbulator View Post
I also think tandems, and evaluating tandems are extremely important. I still have a hard time seeing them in RDSS, and many times I forget to look at them altogether. If I do look at them, they just don't properly register.
Steve
Keep the middle screen set on the tandem tab and leave it there. Then they hit you right in the face as you scroll the race.

Works for me. Maybe can help you.
Richie
Attached Images

Last edited by RichieP; 10-22-2007 at 08:49 AM.