Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Hat Check - How Can We Help You?
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Hat Check - How Can We Help You? Jim 'The Hat' Bradshaw - Learn The Matchup

Old 11-23-2007, 10:06 AM   #21
gl45
Grade 1

Buzz,
two different concept between the Match Up and BHM. The latter, as you know, just looks for "Butt-Uglies" investment. If you look deeper in BHM, you can find the Match-Up right there.
Continuing success.
gl45
Old 12-14-2007, 01:35 PM   #22
Cellarfunk
Grade 3

Esp

Rich...looking for a little help here. How can you designate the #2 as OTE in the first example? As I am going through horses and "quickly" determining run style, I would have to give this one an E? That seems to bite me sometimes when I throw out groups of horses.
Old 12-15-2007, 10:19 AM   #23
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellarfunk View Post
Rich...looking for a little help here. How can you designate the #2 as OTE in the first example? As I am going through horses and "quickly" determining run style, I would have to give this one an E? That seems to bite me sometimes when I throw out groups of horses.

Good question Cfunk.

If we are talking about the Hoosier race would calling him "early BUT can run other than early if necessary" be something you would agree with?

Really good question
Old 12-15-2007, 03:50 PM   #24
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
"Funk"
This is a very valuable question you ask. Let me show you and anyone reading this something.

If you agree that the #2 in the Hoosier race in this thread can run BOTH early and other than early and is FAST please LOOK again at his pp's closely then go to this link:
http://bindfold.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3157&page=4

Look at the Aqueduct race being worked. Look at each horses Power Line and among those who are FAST see if you can find a horse (s) who remind you of the #2 at Hoosier in this thread. Who can run FAST both early and other than early in that Aqueduct race?

See him? He's there man. Relax,look at the pp's and see if he "comes to you".

Then look at the win price on the Hoosier horse and wait to see the result of the Aqueduct race in that other thread.

REPEATING PATTERNS. Jim Bradshaw's Matchup
Old 12-15-2007, 07:53 PM   #25
mufasa
Grade 1

[quote]REPEATING PATTERNS. Jim Bradshaw's Matchup[end of quote]

Rich, here is another horse that is also fast just like that #2 horse in Hoosier (Wet Fast) and was a sprinter stretching out. I had him today to win at 16/1 and he was my best win bet for the day. Look at #4 Herbie Love, 3rd race at Hollywood today. I bet him because he was fast and ran like he can handle more distance. Look at his last 4 races he was running against some fast ˝ miles. I pegged him as a P horse and used his 4th and 8th and 9th races to convince me that I needed to include him as one of my win bets. Look at his speed and his positions at the half—no one else can compare (right).
I made a mistake in this same race of having the #7 horse over the #5 horse for my second win bet. In retrospect the #5 should have been a better second choice but some how I got mixed up on this. The #4 and #5 ran 1st and second and it was a very, very competitive stretch run. A fast horse stretching out against slow routers is not such a bad pattern to look out for. I am sure it does not happen all of the time but at 16/1 why not.
I still have a long way to go since sometimes I do not see so clearly or mix things up or races do not run like expectations but I am definitely committed to the MU.
Robert
Old 12-15-2007, 10:56 PM   #26
RichieP
Grade 1

[QUOTE=mufasa;26499]
Quote:
REPEATING PATTERNS. Jim Bradshaw's Matchup[end of quote]
I still have a long way to go since sometimes I do not see so clearly or mix things up or races do not run like expectations but I am definitely committed to the MU.
Robert
Listen to me forget all that ****. YOU are making some REAL progress. I'd never bull**** you man.

Now LOOK at the #2 in the Hoosier race. LOOK at him. Now go to the thread with the Aqueduct race being worked. This SAME horse is running at Aqueduct only his name has been changed and the track is different.

1) Forget the word ADJUST.
2) Find the FAST horses in the Aqueduct race.
3) Find the horse who can run FAST using multiple styles. Find the #2 horse from Hoosier in the Aqueduct race.

He IS there Robert. Relax and find his ass cause he WON the race just like the 2 won the Hoosier race.

FORGET the word adjust. See him?
Old 12-16-2007, 05:49 AM   #27
mufasa
Grade 1

[QUOTE=RichieP;26503]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mufasa View Post

Listen to me forget all that ****. YOU are making some REAL progress. I'd never bull**** you man.

Now LOOK at the #2 in the Hoosier race. LOOK at him. Now go to the thread with the Aqueduct race being worked. This SAME horse is running at Aqueduct only his name has been changed and the track is different.

1) Forget the word ADJUST.
2) Find the FAST horses in the Aqueduct race.
3) Find the horse who can run FAST using multiple styles. Find the #2 horse from Hoosier in the Aqueduct race.

He IS there Robert. Relax and find his ass cause he WON the race just like the 2 won the Hoosier race.

FORGET the word adjust. See him?
Rich:
Thanks for your good words.
I already capped the Aqueduct race in another thread. You had not asked for the winners yet, just who was going to be first at the 1st call and the half. I think the #5 horse can go early and as a P type. When the #5 breaks well or the jockey breaks him on top he can go early and fast but as his 2nd race route win shows he can also come off the fast pace as to this race’s matchup. In this particular race I had the #7 horse winning the race but if betting two horses I was thinking the #7 and the #5 horses.
I have never looked at the results of this race since you never asked for the winners in the other thread so right or wrong disregard my response if you are not ready to show the final results.
Thanks,
Robert
Old 12-16-2007, 08:28 AM   #28
simon
Grade 1

mixed up

Hello Rich and Robert

I'm gettng lost I am confused by which horse and which lines to look at
I see different races are mixed into the same thread

Rich can you help me look at the right horses

RK
Old 12-17-2007, 09:53 AM   #29
Cellarfunk
Grade 3

Multiple Styles

Rich- I see exactly what you are saying about that one being able to run "fast" against any type of pace. I guess I just need to slow down a little and look at all lines initially a little more to evaluate the horse.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:59 AM   #30
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
I guess I just need to slow down a little and look at all lines initially a little more to evaluate the horse.
I am doing exactly that "Funk".