Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Hat Check - How Can We Help You?
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Hat Check - How Can We Help You? Jim 'The Hat' Bradshaw - Learn The Matchup

Old 09-22-2007, 04:05 PM   #1
VoodooFan
True Disciple of Voodoo

Focus

Quote:
I definitely agree with you about horses changing styles. If a horse 3 races back went to the front in a 22.4 and his last 2 races at same track/distance the 1st calls went in 23.1 /23.2 and he didn't go then I have a hard time calling this guy early TODAY and using that 3 back line to project from. Jim calls this "not getting on top of fractions he did before". Richie P.
This is VERY specific for EARLY horse's. This help's a WHOLE lot at getting rid of early horse's and should be included in the Power Line / Power Move threads. NOW , if there was a way to SPECIFICALLY get rid of " other than early " horses like the quote above, that is great. Specially horses who are all over the map who show they can come from 4th, 6th, 8th etc., The next quote helps this process :

Quote:
Would you agree that we will NOT accept ANY horse/line over
1c - 22.0
2c - 46.0

Richie P.
This FOCUS seems to help NOT wasting time on line's not applicable making pace line selection and horse evalution easier and simply THROWING OUT horses a priority.

Quote:
1) In 5.5f races pay close attention to the horse's performances in 5.5f races.
No line for any of them. LOOK at their performances at 5.5f. Either got destroyed in tandem with our contenders or simply are slow. Richie
This FOCUS seem to also eliminate useless
information " cluttering up " one's mind and THROW OUT
even more horse's and simply get to the winner.

If THIS is the kind'a stuff that's going to be in the MatchUp Newsletter , boy 'o boy I can't wait. Another good work by Richard Pizzicara.

VoodooFan
Quote:
"Richie never 2nd guesses, or ask "what if", but learns the concept I am teaching. This is one why he has learned and he is one of my best students. He is my pride and joy and best pal."
Jim "THE HAT" Bradshaw
Old 09-23-2007, 04:08 PM   #2
VoodooFan
True Disciple of Voodoo

Quote:
Project pace
Identify running styles when facing that pace
Richie P
This is another good one to really focus and evaluate lines that matter... that can tell us something what the horse will do TODAY.

Stuff for the Newsletter : What to focus on at certain distances : It may look like this from what I understand so far :

5.5 f - look at 5.5 lines , possibly exclusively, to see how the horse handles this distance.

6.5 f / 7 f - I believe that I heard Mr. Bradshaw say they run 1 fifth second faster at the first 2 calls because they get a boost coming out of a chute, but I'm not sure.

1 mile - possibly all routes, but I think you supposed to watch for fast sprinters , cause the start is short, they hit the turn immediately, they run like blazes on the backside, hit the turn, and its a very , very short stretch .

1 1/4 and Marathons - what horse has the lead at the mile.

Stuff like this helps when you know what you are looking for as soon as you open the form. The MatchUp Newsletter is going to be killer. VoodooFan
Quote:
"Richie never 2nd guesses, or ask "what if", but learns the concept I am teaching. This is one why he has learned and he is one of my best students. He is my pride and joy and best pal."
Jim "THE HAT" Bradshaw
Old 09-23-2007, 06:33 PM   #3
THE HAT
Grade 2

The Match Up is the process of evaluating running line and getting rid of horses that do not fit in today’s match up. If you are afraid to throw out horses you will not be able to. "Focus" on today’s race. "Focus" on today’s distance and horses that have run at today’s distance. This will give you the "Focus" you need in evaluating "quirky" distances at the track you are playing.
I taught Rich, "If today’s distance is 5.5 furlongs "Focus" on 5.5 furlong running lines, because the 5.5 furlong race is a "quirky" distance at most tracks.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:50 PM   #4
VoodooFan
True Disciple of Voodoo

Thanks Mr. Bradshaw. That is MatchUp advice we'll look out for , "quirky" distance's . Like Santa Anita 6.5 downhill turf . Another winning post Mr. Bradshaw. Much appreciated. VoodooFan
Quote:
Jim "THE HAT" Bradshaw
Old 09-27-2007, 05:50 PM   #5
VoodooFan
True Disciple of Voodoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE HAT View Post
the 5.5 furlong race is a "quirky" distance at most tracks.

That is a interesting quote. I thought "quirky " distances were under 5.5 furlongs.

Odd distance's to me are : Turf sprints, 7.5 furlongs, 1 mile & 40 yds , 1 mile & 70 yds. , 6.5 furlongs downhill turf , KY Downs track configuration, Inner Track coarse's and multiple Inner Track coarse's , rails up , in , out and down , and all Bullrings. VoodooFan
Quote:
Jim "THE HAT" Bradshaw