Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Hat Check - How Can We Help You?
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Hat Check - How Can We Help You? Jim 'The Hat' Bradshaw - Learn The Matchup

Old 11-17-2008, 09:04 AM   #51
Charlie D
Match Up Apprentice

Early = within one length at 1c???
Attached Images

Old 11-17-2008, 11:54 AM   #52
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieP View Post

Assume there IS a FAST O.T.E. runner from the O.T.E. grouping. Ask yourself internally " is this early grouping winner going to have anything left over to deal with this FAST horse from the other group?
*** Tip of the Cap***
By assuming the presence of a FAST O.T.E. horse coming from that group when it is examined SEPARATELY as its own race 2 very good things happen:

1) Your Mind's Eye gives you immediate feedback on the real strength of that early group winner when you "ask the question" E or O.T.E.

Watch this now:
2) When you move to the O.T.E. group and it turns out there are NO fast horses who also Power Move the Early group winner is YOUR HORSE. Bet his ass if the price is right for you! THIS race is going early.

3) Use the number of early runners in the early grouping to help you get started where to look positionally for the O.T.E. winner to come from at the FIRST CALL.

3 earlies in the early group start looking around for the fast O.T.E. guys with strong showings from around 4th POSITION at the first call.

4 earlies in the early group start looking around for fast O.T.E. guys from around 5th POSITION at the first call.

Pretty cool to focus on one thing (early grouping for ex) and all of a sudden realize that something else is also being answered for you(where to begin your "HUNT" for the O.T.E guy) at the same time man!

How the heck do you think the man with the Big Stetson did the stuff he did so FAST! Maybe just maybe he heard answers to questions he hadn't even asked yet.

THIS is Jim "The Hat" Bradshaw Voodoo and now YOU can start working this.I am VERY serious.

Thinking of you bud and it's all good
Attached Images

Old 11-17-2008, 12:31 PM   #53
VoodooFan
True Disciple of Voodoo

Quote:

Pretty cool to focus on one thing (early grouping for ex) and all of a sudden realize that something else is also being answered for you(where to begin your "HUNT" for the O.T.E guy) at the same time man!
Yeah, real , REAL!! cool, man.

Good, good deal, Rich, thanks again.

Absolutely amazing stuff.., Full Blown, cranium crushing Knockout.

Definately " The Little Cap " .

VoodooFan
Quote:
"Richie never 2nd guesses, or ask "what if", but learns the concept I am teaching. This is one why he has learned and he is one of my best students. He is my pride and joy and best pal."
Jim "THE HAT" Bradshaw
Old 11-17-2008, 02:06 PM   #54
VoodooFan
True Disciple of Voodoo

This explains a lot in Jim "THE HAT" Bradshaw's MatchUp 2 book.

Kept wondering why some of the example races were perfect examples of the 5 Step Approach.

But then, to me, some example races were beyond the simple explantion of the 5 Step Approach.

I think all of Richies post are layers and intricacies for each step of the 5 Step Approach.

So , to me, the 5 Step Approach is a two-sided coin. On the one side, the simple approach that can be applied, literally, to some races. The steps self explanitory on the surface, as is.

On the other side, a detailed and subcategorical explanation , application and advanced use for EACH step, almost a book on EACH step of the 5 Step Approach such as Rich provided and provides here :

The 8 month Update, The 1 year update, Fastest Pace Last Race, PowerLines, PowerMoves, Chaos Race, Marathon Race,The Minds Eye, etc., and now this "groupings" which amazingly distills all this into a simple way of focusing on the race and where the winner is most likely to come from.

So I realised, again, after all this reading, this "Little Cap" post showed I still did not really, really understand what Early or OTE meant.

Early- horse dominates wire to wire, no challengers.

Early- 2nd or 3rd position horse dominates the wire to wire horse AND dominates the "other" 2nd or 3rd running pressers with no positional challenges.

Other-Than-Early- 4th and beyond, position depending on how many in Early grouping.

Early or Other-Than-Early. 1st portion of the race. Last portion of the race.

Groups. This needs time to marinate. Can't drink a gallon in one gulp.

VoodooFan
Old 11-18-2008, 09:26 AM   #55
RichieP
Grade 1

Philly today

Today's 4th race from Philly:
Early grouping
Attached Images

Old 11-18-2008, 09:28 AM   #56
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Today's 4th race from Philly:
Early grouping
pp's for the group
Attached Images

Old 11-18-2008, 09:30 AM   #57
RichieP
Grade 1

Philly Race 4 cont

Philly race 4

here is the O.T.E. group together
Attached Images

Old 11-18-2008, 09:31 AM   #58
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Philly race 4

complete pps for the group
Attached Images

Old 11-18-2008, 01:56 PM   #59
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Philly race 4

Result:

Code:
Philadelphia - Race 4
# 	Win 	Place 	Show
8 	$39.40 	$15.00
Attached Images

Last edited by RichieP; 11-18-2008 at 02:00 PM.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:40 PM   #60
Charlie D
Match Up Apprentice

Three OTE's

Walronds, Money Issues and Forgotten Cat

Walronds had a Tandem over Money Issues so you could have chucked latter out of equation leaving Warlonds and Forgotten Cat as your OTE's

Bet two OTE there and your in clover