Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 02-05-2006, 10:20 AM   #1
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Guy Wadsworth Memorial

Hello,

After an unfortunate delay of, well too long, the estate and family issues for our friend Guy Wadsworth, who passed away on January 1, have finally been resolved and a Memorial date has been set, for those who are interested.

Date: Saturday February 18, 2006, 9:30am

Location: Weaver Mortuary, 1177 Beaumont Avenue, Beaumont, CA (92223) Phone: (909) 845-1141

It is my understanding that several of Guy’s children plan to attend, as well as a number of his old and dear friends. If anyone wishes to write a brief memoir of a ‘Guy event’ or personal reminiscence, and have it possibly read at the ceremony or included in a book of stories, please feel free to send them to me and I’ll collate and deliver them, and publish them later online.

If anyone wishes to make a donation in his memory, kindly contact the American Lung Association.

Several people have expressed interest in making a contribution to the costs of his memorial/final expenses. While this is not necessary, if the gesture is meaningful to you, I am able to accept donations for this purpose via my business PayPal/VISA/MC account, or by check. (Please email me privately). To those who have contacted me about settling up their account with Guy for software he sent you, many thanks.

Following the memorial service, we plan an outing to Santa Anita racetrack in Guy’s honour! Anyone who wishes to accompany us and Guy on his last race, please RSVP to me so we can reserve tables in the Front Runner Room.

For myself, I’m still trying to figure out what it was about this man, whom I never met in person, but which evoked in me such a remarkable sense of camaraderie and loyalty. The more people I speak to or correspond with who knew him for years or decades, the more my admiration (and sense of loss) grows for such a generous, yes – irascible, but always vulnerable, spirit.

Yours,

Ted Craven

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 02-05-2006 at 11:57 AM.
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 10:32 AM   #2
Binder
Grade 1

Send a message via AIM to Binder
wonderful

Ted Thank you for the information
I will follow up with a private email
to you

thank you
Good Skill
Bill V