Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS Racing Decision Support System – The Modern Sartin Methodology

Old 06-29-2013, 09:02 PM   #1
NeedForSpeed
AlwNW3X

2010 Database Question

Hi everyone. Just plowing forward these days and trying to get better picking winners. One thing I can't do is connect to the 2010 database. I connect through data center but when I go to the left of the screen and try to pull up "Past" its blank. I get 04-07-2013 and 04-13-2013 ok. Has anyone else seen this before? Thanks.
Attached Images

Old 06-30-2013, 09:56 AM   #2
Because I Can Jim
Grade 1

When RDSS2 first came out, I installed it on an older laptop and was able to download it and access it just fine.

However, last week the laptop stopped running. I installed RDSS2 on a new computer.

Aside from a quirk with the software which I did not have before (and I will address with Ted when he is back), I am also having the same issue. I had a lot of trouble downloading both the zipped and uncompressed files. The download would either be interrupted or whenever I was able to get it to complete, the file size was incorrect. When the file size was incorrect, I would get a database error, which was to be expected. However, after quite a few attempts at downloading the files, I was finally able to get a complete database by resuming the download after it was interrupted. Then when I tried to access it, the same thing happend as it happened for you.

I thought about trying to get the file off the broke laptop, but, I was not able to.
Old 06-30-2013, 10:37 AM   #3
NeedForSpeed
AlwNW3X

Thanks Jim I feel better knowing its probably something with the software that Ted can fix up when he gets back. At this point just want his surgery to go perfect the rest can of this can wait.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:20 PM   #4
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Guys,

Looks like we'll have to hook up remotely to solve this, perhaps Thursday or Friday? I'll have to see how my poor arm is feeling and get back to you.

If you download the ZIP version of the 2010 Database, and when it's done you can actually open the ZIP file in Windows Explorer and see the compressed database file contained within - then that means that the ZIP file downloaded completely and intact - and you extracted it successfuly - and that's not the problem.

You have clearly extracted the DB database file because RDSS says it found it and connected to it, presumably with out error message. If you click the Past section, that's where the 2010 races will be found. If you get a 'waiting' icon, wait a few seconds. If the waiting icon goes away and the Past Section is still empty - well, that's the poser which we'll have to investigate further.

If you don't hear back by Wednesday with a schedule to connect, can you remind me please?

Hopefully you can switch to your regular database to do current handicapping.

All the best,

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Old 07-01-2013, 01:26 PM   #5
Bill V.
The egg man

Me too

Hi Ted

I also tied to down load the zip file and got nothing when I clicked "past"
I then tried to download the uncompressed file and again I see no
files
( I even re installed RDSS2 this morning )
thought that might help

Rest up
Bill
Old 07-02-2013, 11:05 AM   #6
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Folks, looks like something happened to that 2010 Example Database file and it is indeed 'non-responsive'. I took it down, and I will fix it as soon as I can. Meanwhile, just avoid it please.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™