Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeAgain
Ted,
Just checking to see if you had found out about the issue of horses pacelines comingling? It happens to a lot when I play tracks that have a lot of first time starters and two year old races. Just reference the email I sent you regarding this if you forgot. Have a great weekend.
|
I have tested a change in the code for an upcoming version. Currently when we Convert a fresh data file from TrackMaster into the RDSS database, we look up any existing data for a horse by its NAME (since no other unique numerical identifier is provided), and if found, file new data received under the same name. Clearly defeated by periodic recycling of horse names, which will show up in a database with a sufficiently long history.
I changed this to looking up a horse by its NAME plus the Date of Birth. This will solve this in all cases. I just have to write a routine to test for any such ambiguities in an EXISTING database.
The Jockey Club handles horse naming and has specific rules about when and under what circumstances a horse name can be reused (min 5 years, horse must be 10+ years old, but also affected by whether the horse is still running, breeding, Grade 1 stakes winner, etc).
As soon as I can, but I do know what to do. Thanks Brian for the example!
Ted