Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 12-09-2009, 08:54 PM   #41
shoeless
Grade 1

BJ, You dont have to worry about offending me as I have been sent to the showers again.Some people on board took offense to my last thread which I thought was taken the wrong way.I only try to be honest here in my opinions but as the saying goes it's not the best policy around here.Anyway best of luck to you and hope you hit many more longshots. Jeff

Sorry Bill my name was brought up so felt the need to respond.I will banish myself no need for you to do so.
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:59 PM   #42
For The Lead
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieP View Post
Barb

And lo and behold it is also a POLYTRACK
A surface I.M.H.O absolutely suited to RDSS and its included deceleration/total energy formulas
Hello Richie,

Would you be kind enough to expand on your above thoughts which I have "bolded".

Thank you in advance.
Old 12-10-2009, 06:17 AM   #43
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by barb craven View Post
Hi FTL

Maybe I didn't explain myself properly. I still don't understand fully all the nuances of the various race conditions, so this is secondary to 'best of the last 3 comparable' for me.

Speaking only for myself, I find that if I can find the best 6f line, say, in a 6f race - not 5.5, nor 6.5,...and dirt to dirt, not poly to dirt or dirt to poly, I have more hits.

It was by sticking to this in Woodbine's 12th race Dec. 6 that I realized I had put in the last line the first time around, which was a 6.5f line. When I went back over it and changed it to line 4, the second 6f line, it put #8 squarely on top of BL BL for a $24.30 win.

When there are races where I can find lines this way for all the horses, then I look at race conditions and how each horse fits within those conditions. Is it going up or down in class,..a little, or a lot,.. coming back after a layoff etc. before I hide down to 5 the way I described above.

When that doesn't happen, which is, as you know, a goodly portion of the time, and I find myself with a race consisting of sprinters, routers, shippers, only turf, only poly all running today on dirt, I use the best of the last three... period. I then pay more attention to today's class conditions as compared to what the horses have faced in the past.

I treat 7f a little differently. I will use 7f lines in both sprints and routes if nothing else comparable is available. I like 7 furlong races. They make me happy.

None of the above includes Woodbine. Woodbine is Woodbine and I fear to use any other lines there. But I don't hesitate to use Woodbine lines at other tracks.

I hope that explains my thinking a bit more.

Barb
Morning Barb
Please allow me to give you some feedback on original posters questions to you:

YOU HAVE ARRIVED!! It is ALL inside you now.
1) Stay consistent with your WAGERING side of things

2) When you are betting real money under NO conditions divert your FOCUS to posting screen shots,picks etc etc. FOCUS 100% on the task at hand which is WINNING

3) Have FUN!
RichieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 06:22 AM   #44
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by For The Lead View Post
Hello Richie,

Would you be kind enough to expand on your above thoughts which I have "bolded".

Thank you in advance.
Morning FTL
I'd rather not on a public bb other than to say the Doc might have been further ahead of his time than he thought especially his last formulas.

Funny as I had this exact conversation with Bill V on the phone either yesterday or day before. He sees it too
RichieP is offline   Reply With Quote