Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...)
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) Interactive Teaching & Learning - Race Conditions, Contenders, Pacelines, Advanced Concepts, Betting ...

Old 03-09-2017, 12:05 AM   #1
Jeebs
Grade 1

NEW VIDEO - Jeebs' real-time handicapping process (TAM 1st, 3/8/17)

[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgJU...ture=youtu.be]

This is my first shot at a video. If it comes off as awkward or rambling, I apologize. I really wanted to detail my own personal process with RDSS. I figure that people can take what they want from it, or even shove it to the back of the cupboard if they desire. No one person uses RDSS the same way. My method of play is constantly evolving and I welcome any feedback (good, bad, indifferent) that will help me.

I butchered mowens33's name when mentioning him during my tangent regarding tandems (apologies in advance!)... But the best part of making this video was sticking my neck out there and (to my relief!), the top horse on my BL/BL won and paid $8.80.

This is 37 minutes long, so hopefully nobody is comatose by the end! I promise my next video (if I do another one) will be shorter, sweeter and more direct. In other words, I won't be going blow by blow in future.

Enjoy guys and girls!

Last edited by Bill V.; 03-10-2017 at 10:06 AM.
Jeebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 09:18 AM   #2
The Pook
Grade 1

Jeebs I tried to take a look at your big screen debut but there is no video. Just a white space.

Pook
The Pook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 09:31 AM   #3
Jeebs
Grade 1

https://youtu.be/UgJU4-bpS5I

Let's try this... the metatag might not be working. Let me know if this works.
Old 03-10-2017, 09:35 AM   #4
The Pook
Grade 1

Okay Jeebs it works that way.

Thanks,
Pook
Old 03-10-2017, 09:06 PM   #5
The Pook
Grade 1

Finally got a chance to look at your video. Thanks for taking the time to do it and post it. I enjoyed it even though it is somewhat long winded as you admit yourself. I assume that you don't spend nearly this amount of actual time per race.

You demonstrate a great understanding of all that RDSS has to offer by using many of the screens to come to your conclusions. A mix of Matching, Sartin, FTL etc.

I agree with lostandwon in the written workup thread that it is admirable when one does this kind of thing before a race is run. That is what it is all about, trying to jump from the present to the future on the positive side of the ledger. And this one worked out. Awesome man!

One question I have is with the names of your non-contender lists. Yours are Final Hides and Energy Hides. It doesn't really matter what they are called but I was wondering because I have never seen any screen shots with those titles before.

Anyways great work Jeebs,

Pook
Old 03-10-2017, 09:59 PM   #6
Jeebs
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pook View Post
Finally got a chance to look at your video. Thanks for taking the time to do it and post it. I enjoyed it even though it is somewhat long winded as you admit yourself. I assume that you don't spend nearly this amount of actual time per race.

You demonstrate a great understanding of all that RDSS has to offer by using many of the screens to come to your conclusions. A mix of Matching, Sartin, FTL etc.
Yeah, I took a long time to demonstrate the process on video. However, my process is much faster when I'm not trying to walk and chew gum at the same time! Most of it is intuitive, which is something both Richie and The Hat have stressed over the years. Recognizing patterns is also key to either making money or losing less money.

My process may not be everyone's cup of tea. There are 1001 ways to skin a cat and selecting the appropriate paceline, knowing when or when not to take key figures at face value and making final wagering decisions are solely on the individual. It took me close to four years (and a hiatus from seriously following the sport) to finally realize that RDSS is not a black box. If you don't put your blood, sweat and tears into it and refuse to learn and re-learn concepts, RDSS will be a wasted investment.

I will be following up on my Fairgrounds thread later or tomorrow. Thanks for the kind words, Pook!
Old 03-11-2017, 12:36 PM   #7
Lt1
Grade 1

Nice job Jeebs thanks for posting your approach.
Tim G
Old 03-11-2017, 01:21 PM   #8
shoeless
Grade 1

Ditto to what LT said
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote